[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've bought this game on the summer sale and am currently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

I've bought this game on the summer sale and am currently loving it, but it's overwhelming as fuck. What should I know if I want to git gud?
>>
>>382024104
It's probably one of the only games on Earth where learning the background lore = playing the game. Learn all the gods, what they did, what they like, etc. Good luck completing any HeroQuests (necessary for winning) if you don't know the difference between Ernalda and Humakt. So as boring as it may sound, read EVERYTHING and do your best to remember it.

Other than that, lots of trial and error. Like most people, you'll probably make a string of bad decisions and fuck your playthrough at least a couple times, but over time you'll learn and finally one day you'll win a campaign and feel like a pimp.

I fucking love this game.
>>
>>382024104
READ THE MANUAL!
>>
>>382024656
I don't know if bad decisions or RNG fucked me up the most, but I've seen people say that it's best to spend your whole magic and whenever someone raids me I get fucked over because I spent all my magic. Then once the gods gave me a shitload of magic (18 I think) and I spent five and the AI fucked me over all the same.

But yeah, it's very easy to like it, I can already see myself spending quite some time with it.
>>
what the fuck is this game
>>
File: tfwnogf.jpg (88KB, 620x299px) Image search: [Google]
tfwnogf.jpg
88KB, 620x299px
>>382025005
Manage your village + diplomacy + war + religion / magic + random decisions the game throws at you. While I do suppose you gotta be on the spectrum to properly enjoy it, it's fun as fuck.
>>
>>382024898
There's no right or wrong when it comes to magic. I tend to keep 1-3 just in case, and only use magic in fights that I REALLY don't want to lose. Magic is not a guaranteed anything -- it just ever so slightly tips the RNG in your favor, but it's still RNG.

Try to have a diverse Council in terms of gods, as in one follower of each god (and not 7 dudes who all worship Orlanth), and listen to them. Each of them will offer advice on each situation that pops up so if you're stuck, ask all your Council and see if there's a consensus. ("Hmmm, 5 out of 7 Council members think I should exile the thief instead of killing him.")

It comes down to personal preference, but I always had more fun and success playing as a mostly peaceful diplomatic clan. Any clan is going to have to raid SOMETIMES, but don't pick fights with everyone you see. I usually end up with 1-3 enemy clans that I constantly raid, while sending gifts and trade caravans to everyone else. The diplomacy in this game is incredibly deep and I've been saved from bad situations many times because I had other friendly clans offer me aid.

Also, DON'T fuck with the beastmen and/or Duckpeople. I usually end up playing very nice with the Ducks as they can become a great source of food once they like you enough. But mainly you do NOT want all of beastkind as your enemy -- they will raid your ass often and they will raid you HARD.
>>
>>382025005
Strategy game + resource management + CYOA text adventure. Very unique and daunting but, if you get into it, one of the most rewarding experiences I've ever had in a video game.
>>
>>382025734
Yes, I don't really like going full belic gameplay in anything, so peaceful / balanced is what I intend to do at least until I get tired. Will I HAVE to raid? What for? Because I've been getting some very good profits from trading alone. Haven't found any beastmen yet, but ducks are my bros - AFAIK, they're my main population and the orlantis are just some people who happened to be passing by, I'd love to rule over Howards.
>>
I still got my longgame.txt saved on my desktop,
>>
>>382026097
I supppse it's possible you'll never have to raid but I've never seen it. Unless you're an absolutely epic magnate of trade and diplomacy, you simply won't have enough food/supplies/cattle to keep your clan growing at a healthy rate. You don't have to be a dick about it, though -- like I said, just pick 1 or 2 clans to be your designated raiding targets and raid them whenever you start worrying about your stockpile. If you take prisoners, ransom them back or simply let them go free. As long as you're not a douchebag who raids them every other week and slaughters all the POW's, you can keep up the intermittent raiding without starting full-blown, years-long clan wars.

If you manage to beat a campaign without raiding at all, I'd fucking love to see it.
>>
>>382026097
Your clan start as and are primarily humans, but you can be bros with the duckfolk, they're cool. Sometimes if you're a thrall-taking clan you can en up with a lot of beastfolk slaves, but that doesn't go too well usually because of all the infighting
>>
This game is like VTM:B. Every time someone makes a thread about it, I have to fire it up and start a new playthrough.
>>
>>382024104
Rush farming.

Get a shrine to Vinga. You want women in your fyrd.

Never cut a deal with a dragon.
>>
>>382027990
>Never cut a deal with a dragon.
T H I S
H
I
S
>>
Dragons are bros and for officiating weddings
>>
tfw its time to raid
>>
File: IMG_5609.jpg (100KB, 497x338px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5609.jpg
100KB, 497x338px
>>382028946
>>
>>382028946
I don't understand what you're saying.

Are you implying there's ever a time when you DON'T raid?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.