[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game is on sale and I've never played a MGS game. I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: header.jpg (23KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
23KB, 460x215px
This game is on sale and I've never played a MGS game. I've heard from the fanbase that it's unfinished and underwhelming, but apparently mods have fixed this. Should I take the plunge or should I start with something else?
>>
play the other MGS games, don't buy this one. trust me.
>>
>>382022368
If I just had one word that I would need to use to describe this game it would be: boring.

The missions are incredibly repetitive, fulton this, extract that, capture those outposts. The world design is Ubisoft tier, and I'm not exaggerating. You'd be better off watching some cutscene compilation from Youtube.
>>
>>382022812
and even then, the story is shit.
>>
File: The Order to play MGS games.jpg (2MB, 2398x3442px) Image search: [Google]
The Order to play MGS games.jpg
2MB, 2398x3442px
>>382022368
You literally NEED to play the MGS games in the RELEASE ORDER in order to follow what the hell is going on.
Starting with MGSV would be the same as starting Game Of Thrones with 5th season or something.

And no, the game's far from fixed, as it was released unfinished. It also suffers of generic-openworld- syndrome.
>>
>>382022368
This is the most fun game I've played this gen. Pretend it's a self contained story, and have yourself a great time. Don't listen to shitters on /v/, it has some ubisoft elements, but they're way better executed than any ubisoft game ever made. It's a lot more than the sum of its parts.
>>
>>382022368
Buy the Legacy collection and enjoy 4 good games and some shitty upscalled PSP game for much more profit than what MGSV will probably give you.

MGSV is enjoyable and has variety but overall is pretty lifeless. If you get a lot of mileage out of games like Far Cry then you'll enjoy it well enough.
>>
>>382022368
Not even worth for the gameplay
>>
>>382022368
It's really repetitive and since you don't even know the story you really have no purpose to play the game.
If you are really serious start with the PS1 MGS.
>>
please just buy the legacy collection if u have a ps3, hd collection if 360. Or you can emulate them. But really, play them in order of release date, trust me.
>>
Best game of the gen in my opinion. heres my advice

>start with ground zeroes, it gives some exposition and is a good mission that will take you like 30 min
>after fighting Quiet kill her (unless you really care about achievements)
>instead of going to the ACC every time you beat a main mission just leave the mission zone and go do side missions
>use the boxes and collect invoices at outposts
>turn off reflex mode. on your second playthrough do no HUD and install infinite heaven
>>
>>382022368
MGS fanbase are braindead autists that make the game seem way worse than it actually, and that's a solid 8 or 8.5, don't listen to theses faggots, buy it and see for yourself
>>
>>382024528
>Killing Quiet
For what purpose?
>>382024569
Pretty much this. It's one of those "It's a great game, but a bad Metal Gear" deals.
>>
>>382022368
"we'll make diamonds from their ashes."
>a little diamond appears on every single DD patch, including your own

Goty. Ignore the Undertale fuckers. Had it been finished it'd be game of the century, but konami decided that their intengible asset (kojima) was worth nothing.
>>
>>382022368
If you've never played a Metal Gear then you'll probably love this. Gameplay is great but the story is a load of shit. Because you haven't played any others and won't have any expectations of the story you likely won't be disappointed by it. Go for it
>>
>>382023190
>>382022368
This. Generally would recommend playing the other Metal Gear games but despite 28 years of back story MGSV works pretty well as a stand alone story and you won't get lost like in MGS2 or 4 for instance. Gameplay wise approach it as a big free infiltration sand box. The missions have relatively straightforward goals (reach or intercept a target at the centre of an enemy base/location) but combined with extra mission task and the huge array of equipment, weapons, buddies, vehicles, accessories, methods of infiltrating, approaches and ways to complete mission tasks, plus side ops and FOB missions if you want more, it's definitely a massive and worthwhile game. I've put in just over 300 hours and am constantly finding new ways to approach it.
>>
>>382024740
>cutscenes that constantly make you go back to motherbase
>stupid humming that plays over your music
>makes game stupidly easy
>mission 45 is the worst in the game
>her arc is inconsequential to anything and her ending is cringy
>>
>>382023059
>Portable Ops
>Bad

Fuck Off
I literally just finished it again yesterday.
It's good, easily worth playing through.

Kojima's a hack
>>
>>382022368
If you're just starting the series might as well start with the worst one
>>
>mods have fixed this
Stupid PCbro detected
Go buy a Playstation 3, get the Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection, & start with the 1st game.
You'll understand why V sucks, & appreciate the series for what it is
>>
File: 1450761628809.jpg (330KB, 732x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1450761628809.jpg
330KB, 732x1100px
Go right ahead, OP.
MGSV requires no foreknowledge of the MGS universe and any random joe like you can pick it up and have fun. It's very streamlined and accommodating to newcomers.
>>
File: 2015-09-20_00013.jpg (138KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-09-20_00013.jpg
138KB, 1920x1080px
the game is really good. this is coming from a longtime die hard fan. the game is more hard hitting than mgs2, and it is far more poignant. the game is a masterwork, but it requires very loose interpretation. this is not to say there is not a lot to be desired, but that's true of all metal gear games. anyone who tells you differently is deluding themselves. you should definitely familiarize yourself with the series first, though. and the surrounding discussion surrounding the games and kojima, because that is one of the more interesting parts of the series, the interplay between creator and creation and the world.
>>
>>382022368
Mods can't fix the fake guns, so no.
>>
>>382026190
you might as well kill D-Dog
>>
>>382029695
D-Dog isnt an annoying bitch
>>
>>382022368
Metal Gear is an awful franchise, stay as far away from it as you can
>>
>>382030507
this man is an uncultured faggot, do not listen to him.
>>
>>382026190
Is mission 45 that defense mission? One of the better missions in this game where you're actually challenged and something actually happens
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.