[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TES > TW3. I'll prove it now. Remember layout of Balmora.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

File: header (1).jpg (84KB, 460x215px)
header (1).jpg
84KB, 460x215px
TES > TW3. I'll prove it now.

Remember layout of Balmora.
Good.

Now remember the layout of Imperial City.
Very good.

And now remember layout of Whiterun.
Great.

Now try and remember layout of Novigrad...
Heh. Thought so.
>>
I dont remember the layout of the city i live in...
>>
wtf i hate witcher three now
>>
>>382015005
Because TES cities are tiny and simplistic - not how real cities look like.
>>
Look, I love TES. A lot. And I'd trade most of the cities in Oblivion and Skyrim for even some of the smaller towns in Skellige.

>>382015632 is right. Novigrad feels more like a city than anything any TES game has ever approached.
>>
>>382015005
Gothic 2 shits on every single shitty city that Bethesda ever created

This came out the same year as Morrowind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZXsn4s1f2Q
>>
File: this is AAA game.webm (2MB, 1152x720px) Image search: [Google]
this is AAA game.webm
2MB, 1152x720px
>you now realize that Skyrim is more memorable than TW3
Because it has more memorable bad moments than TW3 has good ones.
>>
File: 200w_s.gif (9KB, 200x113px) Image search: [Google]
200w_s.gif
9KB, 200x113px
>>382016495
>T-TTECCHNOOOLLOOGGGYYYY
>>
The Witcher 3 actually made me care about the characters.

I couldnt give two shits about the people in TES. Plus Witcher has better looking women (unmodded)
>>
>>382016960
I really liked Eskels fight scene
>>
File: 1496080052987.jpg (49KB, 450x360px)
1496080052987.jpg
49KB, 450x360px
>Fencing Lessons
>oh shit, Rosa and Edna are twins and Edna seems jealous, I bet it turns out that Edna will come to training instead to steal Geralt away!
>that never happens

>Absolute Madman Lugos
>think there's gonna be a long quest line where he'll try to throw new king/queen off the throne and get himself crowned instead
>that never happens, you just kill him after a brief dialogue

>oh shit Fringilla Vigo is in the game!
>I bet they'll have a lot to talk about with Geralt, there better be a sex scene!
>one dialogue line that has jack shit to do with their past relationship
>doesn't even appear in B&W
>>
i remembered all 4
where do we go from here
>>
>>382017552
Like most of the side-quests including the infamous Djikstra ambush feel like they got the plug pulled on them half-way. It's a damn shame.
>>
>>382017552
Fencing Lesson at first was supposed to be another sex scene but they reworked it into a blue balls quest. It was a good decision IMO.

I'm also mad about Fringilla, but the whole second part of the game (after Kaer Morhen) is incredibly rushed and bland. At first CDPR actually wanted to divide Witcher 3 into two games but they were afraid of people's backlash and decided to make one instead. Second part of story suffered greatly from that.
>>
>>382016495
What's worse for me is how you only do like 2 quests for these guys and then they offer for you to join their inner circle and become a werewolf. Both previous TES installments required more effort and commitment to advance in guilds whereas in Skyrim everything just gets handed to you.
>>
>>382019387
Guilds are literal trash in Skyrim. Is there any mod that makes them not trash?
>>
>>382019619
>Guilds are literal trash in Skyrim. Is there any mod that makes them not trash?

The issue lies with the writing and the quest lines imho. You can't really mod something like that.
>>
>>382015005
But I remember Novigrad's layout almost exactly. It's also almost the size of all of Skyrim's cities combined and there's no loading screen hiding it.
>>
>>382020192
This. It's like New Vegas vs. Fallout 4. You can mod New Vegas because its problems are technical tied to performance but Fallout 4's problems are tied to the philosophy the devs had when they made the game which was quantity over quality. The game can't be fixed with mods.
>>
>>382020192
Bullshit. You can definitely mod quest lines with different writing and requirements. My question is whether or not someone has bothered to try yet.
>>
File: Rosa.png (578KB, 880x461px) Image search: [Google]
Rosa.png
578KB, 880x461px
the fuck was her problem?
>>
>>382020771
you can mod it, sure, but you don't suddenly get voice acting for the new dialogue, among other thing.

It's also a lot more work than say, making pretty clothing, which is pretty much the majority of the modding community (followed by body and environment mods).
>>
>>382021475
And honestly? I'd be fine with no voice acting. It's one of the things that's made TES so trash and harmed their ability to have varied, compelling characters and quests that respond to what you do.

Everyone already uses Fus-Roh-Doh! anyway.
>>
>>382021138
She thinks nordlings are trash and wants to punish anyone who doesn't give her what she wants.
She reeks of entitlement to the point where it's childish and will even use flirtation to get what she wants.
>>
Can't remember the elder scrolls cities well beyond basic memories

Can remember Novigrad and Skellige vividly
>>
>>382020192
>>382021475
It wouldn't be an issue, just remove the existing guild quests entirely and replace all the character dialog. Nothing of value would be lost, and you could keep everything "consistent" with new voice acting or keep it all text only.
>>
>>382015005
Massive Witcherfag here: you're right.
The massive scale pf Novigrad might be technically impressive, but from a gameplay and qol pov it's pretty useless and annoying.

Though ypur examples are shit as well.
Khorinis blows both, TES "cities" and Novigrad (or rather all towns and settlements in W3), out of the water.
>>
>>382017552
Thank the open world trend for that.
Quality ALWAYS suffersunder higher quantity.
>>
File: 8dmskfxm.jpg (9KB, 240x193px)
8dmskfxm.jpg
9KB, 240x193px
Is this the very first discussion about TW3 on /v/ without the ''combat sucks, game is fookin booring m8'' retards flowing from the woodworks?
>>
>>382015005
Now remember any side quest that doesn't end in cave.
>>
>>382021475
Isn't this exactly what Enderal did tho?
They managed to make skyrim not shit, kind of incredible.
>>
File: Gera-.jpg (84KB, 287x421px)
Gera-.jpg
84KB, 287x421px
>>382015005
heirach square is literally THE most memorable game location.
>CDPR spent years doing urban logistics planning so players would gravitate towards the centre of Novigrad
>said fuck it and also put a huge tower there and purning pyres just so you cannot miss it
>Vivaldi bank right next to it
>encircles by marketplaces
>literally also encircled by the Pontar

you couldn't be more wrong OP
>>
>>382015005
I can't stand TES combat and the worlds are mediocre.
>>
File: 26809-go5z7d.gif (2MB, 387x315px)
26809-go5z7d.gif
2MB, 387x315px
>>382015005
>try and remember the layout of places the size of villages vs places the size of cities
>>
>>382015005
in TES there really was way more things to do and to develop your character than in TW3, it was truly RPG

But TW3 is better gameplaywise
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.