[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some underrated hacknslash games? I love the genre but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: dante.jpg (82KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
dante.jpg
82KB, 854x480px
What are some underrated hacknslash games? I love the genre but I've played almost all of the flagship titles (DMC series, the Bayonettas, the Ninja Gaidens, MGR, the Nier titles, Suda51's games, and the Zone of Enders titles) Its been quite some time since I've played something from the genre and I want to check out some of the less popular titles.
>>
Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death.
On the higher end of average and used to be a regular on steam sale hidden gem threads when it went for £2
>>
Vampire Hunter D on the PS1.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>382012038
An excellent side scrolling hack n slash is Dishwasher: Vampire Smile. Super fast paced, bloody, no pesky story in your face, challenging, multiple weapons to unlock, and an unlimited teleport dodge with the right stick. And if all this wasn't enough, the soundtrack is a heavy metal/synth ass shatterer with guitar hero QTEs to find in each level. I only wish a sequel would happen.
>>
>>382012038
Onimusha
Its basically Nioh but on PS2 and plays more like the first Devil May Cry
>>
File: vanquish get the fuck up.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vanquish get the fuck up.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>382012038
Not exactly hack and slash, but you can play Vanquish different flavor from melee focused combat but you can be fast and cuhrazy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bFT9QREtyU
>>
Dark Souls if you can bear the combat NOT being a mindless button masher.
>>
>>382012038
Chaos Legion
>>
File: CrimsonSea2-cover.jpg (120KB, 640x908px) Image search: [Google]
CrimsonSea2-cover.jpg
120KB, 640x908px
>>
>>382012038
Transformers: Devastation?
>>
But none of those are Hack N Slash games.
>>
>>382016709
Spectacle fighter then
>>
Transformers Devastation is one of Platinum's best games.
>>
>>382012038
The 3D Castlevania titles on PS2 were surpisingly fun.
>>
>>382018680
This actually. The first one is a total shameless ripoff of the first Devil May Cry, only triangle wasn't the jump button and the music was amazing.

Second one is a great action RPG with loads of customization and shittons of moves.
>>
File: fairy bloom freesia.jpg (67KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
fairy bloom freesia.jpg
67KB, 600x337px
>>382012038
Fairy Bloom Freesia. Its a better DMC game than DmC.
>>
>>382012969
I miss this series so much, it seems to have died before the 7th console generation

>that satisfying as fuck feeling when you land a critical hit
>>
>>382017924
My only problem with this fame is that they really really want you to use vehicle attacks and if you don't the combat feels sluggish because there's that little bit of slowmo every time you have the option to use a vehicle attack
>>
I dunno anon, I always liked the God of War series. Easier to play them now too with the collections on PS3. GoW3 is on PS4 too
>>
>>382020369
>recommending Western dogshit
lel
>>
File: 1495479621357-1-1.jpg (325KB, 1024x443px) Image search: [Google]
1495479621357-1-1.jpg
325KB, 1024x443px
>>382012038
I don't know about underrated but I'll tell you what's overrated. Bloodborne.

Boring combat, zero challenge, no story and no music.

I went in blind and platinumed it in 10 days.
>>
>>382020619
>Platinum
Lol. You actually care about that? What a fucking joke. This, friends, is quality bait. Learn from it.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.