[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /v/, how much do you expect to read/hear "well Crash

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 6

So /v/, how much do you expect to read/hear "well Crash Bandicoot was never that great" in the next month?
>>
>>382004835
It started happening the moment it was rumored to go multiplat.
>>
>>382004835
Why would that happen? It's great.
>>
The games still hold up but playing all three of them in a row will probably get tiring at some point.
>>
>>382004835
I only expect to hear it in reference to WoC, which was indeed never good. Anyone who claims the original trilogy was never good is just havin a laff.
>>
>>382004835
Right now, faggot.

Crash 1 is a mess of poor level design (tons of platforming with objects you can't even see).
However the new controls might actually make this game bearable for once, considering the lag you have with every jump in the original

Crash 2 is a straight good ass game, except for the firefly levels and some bullshit secrets.

Crash 3 is 50% vehicle/gimmick stages & the remaining is baby-tier easy as fuck.
>>
Everyone on /v/ will call it pure garbage until it gets a shit port on PC and everyone will call it the greatest platformer ever and pure kino

PCfags are insufferable
>>
When does the embargo lift?
>>
>>382004835

I loved crash 1 and 2 when.o wad a kid but the recent crash mania is a little shocking since even the original naughty dog trilogy were never really on top lists or discussed.
>>
Crash 1 didn't age very well, but hopefuly the new adjustments to the controls make it a better experience.
>>
It seems the team at Activision playtested the regular levels but all the controls for the gimmick levels are fucked to shit.
>>
>>382004835
It really is not great, in fact it's pretty fucking shit.
>>
>>382006847
Wrong. I'm willing to bet most pc users already played the old games and used to be console kids back in the day but just grew up and got themselves powerful workstations instead. I'm pretty sure they're happy to see the return of crash, even if they end up missing out on it. Moving away from consoles is just a part of growing up.
>>
Going for 100% trying to get a trophy.
>>
>>382004835
I don't understand why people are so hype for games they've played before.
>>
>>382009057
This, I get that you'd like to play it again in new graphics because why not but I've seen many on /v/ say shit like it's the most exciting thing of the year and that they can't wait to play it, it's a fucking remake.
>>
>>382009057

Because 90% havent. Your average teen has never played them.
>>
>>382009057
I excited to play WoC with non-shit controls and for the music. Can't wait.
>>
>>382009206
I understand that, but most people on /v/ have played it when they were younger or emulated it. I hope this game helps revive what was good about Crash, but it's not that hype worthy.
If this was more like the Ratchet and Clank reboot I'd be more interested.
>>
>>382004835
I mean it happened a while ago. Mostly "The camera angles are bullshit especially with gems that expect you to backtrack". Which there's a lot of. Not fond of most of the vehicle sections either.
>>
>>382009057
I haven't been able to play them in years because Sony couldn't get the games on Vita.
>>
>>382009430
Most computers can easily run the PSX emulator.
>>
File: The Rock Concern.jpg (47KB, 625x719px) Image search: [Google]
The Rock Concern.jpg
47KB, 625x719px
>>382004835
Coco looks like Brianna Wu in that picture
>>
>>382009057
Same reason people buy a Switch.
>>
>>382004835
Warped was shit though. Cortex Strikes Back was the good one.
>>
>>382009057
People feel like they have to buy something and they know they like Crash, so they buy it again. That and then all the people who are hyping this shit have never even played any of them.
>>
>>382009698
Warped had the best aesthetic and the triple spin power up was nice, one has the most challenging levels, which is necessary for this shit to be good for an adult because they all are too easy.
>>
>>382009881
Which level was challenging?
>>
>>382009430
they're on the european ps vita PSN
>>
>>382006369
>Crash 2 is a straight good ass game, except for the firefly levels and some bullshit secrets.
The only bullshit secret was getting the Blue Gem, the other ones weren't that hard and had hints towards them.
>>
>>382009926
Slippery Climb obviously.
>>
>>382009941
there was a hint to how to get the blue gem if you replayed the level after finding the white gem. The box counter at the end of the stage would display "X out of 0", hinting that the player should break a total of 0 crates.
>>
File: PC Master Race.jpg (38KB, 737x486px) Image search: [Google]
PC Master Race.jpg
38KB, 737x486px
>>382008510
>Moving away from consoles is just a part of growing up.
>>
>>382010331
It was pretty bullshit; nobody's gonna go be thinking "Gee I should go look at that box counter even though I've already gotten the clear gem". If the counter was like in Crash 3 where you could see the "out of" part on the HUD it would have been fair.
>>
>>382008510
Please tell me this is satire and you don't actually think like this
>>
File: biggest cartel in la.jpg (106KB, 620x767px) Image search: [Google]
biggest cartel in la.jpg
106KB, 620x767px
Yo where the white CB3 roms at?

i have crash 1 and 2 but 3 never works with psxe (for me at least)
>>
>>382010430
I wasn't necessarily talking about moving to PC gaming.
Cool attempt at an insult though.

>>382010625
Is having a pc for work such a difficult concept for you to grasp?
>>
>>382009941

>Crash 2 gem hints
>Hints

U wot? There wasn't a secret gem in Crash 2 that wasn't strategy guide tier.
>>
>>382010731
in the new one they spoil all that shit in the loading screen hints
>>
>>382010625
>Please tell me this is satire and you don't actually think like this

It's pretty much exactly what happened to me funnily enough
>>
>>382010731
>U wot? There wasn't a secret gem in Crash 2 that wasn't strategy guide tier.

>Green Gem
>dead end full of Nitro
>Yellow Gem
>beat the timer in the level
>Purple Gem
>suspicious stack of Nitros that don't bounce

Anon, please
>>
Better than Sonic
>>
>>382008510
>Moving away from consoles is just a part of growing up.

No, growing up means having money on your own and realizing that you can buy both a PC for multiplats, shooters and strategy games AND a console(or several) for exclusives.
>>
>>382011797
>playing video games
>>
>>382011171

>Lol you can just go through a solid wall
>Lol these nitro crates don't explode
>Lol this random bottomless pit doesn't kill you

Some real fucking solid hints there, friendo.
>>
>>382004835
It's been years since the first time I said that. What >>382006369 says is really accurate.

inb4 I was a PS1 kid and owned every major Sony console after

>>382005212
I find hilarious that Soninegros are now praising Spyro and Ape Escape instead.
>>
>>382006369
Hi Dingdong.
>>
>>382012509
Hey, fuck you
Ape Escape was always awesome
>>
>>382004835
Coco should seriously stop with the coke.
>>
>>382009057
Because modern games are shit
>>
File: B-h6.png (339KB, 626x416px) Image search: [Google]
B-h6.png
339KB, 626x416px
>>382012252
>Lol these nitro crates don't explode
You are being so disingenuine right now that it's cringeworthy. Nitro crates always bounce, and then there's one moment where there is a staircase made of them that you can just run past where none of the Nitro crates hop.

Gee, nothing suspicious at all.
>>
>>382012756
yes it was, superior to both Crash and Spyro too (you know AE is still Japanese stuff in the end), but it's never going to be the Mario-killer Soninegros claim it is.
You've got be careful with that. Overprising Crash made many people realize it wasn't worth the hype.

Do you want to see it happen to AE too? I don't.
>>
>>382014020
They just can't help it, frantically defending Crash as the Mario killer goes all the way to the top.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqjkAXCgx7M&feature=youtu.be&t=873
>>
>>382004835
it wasn't never was. ctr and crash bash are the only good crash games
>>
>>382012252
>path splits
>one path has literally nothing on it but a bunch of nitro and a dead-end
Nigger I went and set off the nitro and realized the wall was fake when I jumped into them. That was 7-year-old me.
The nitro crates were extremely obvious because Nitro crates have an extremely noticable sound effect and animation and the gem ones were arranged in a stair pattern out of your way and didn't bounce or make any sound.
>>
>>382013994
This, you don't even have to see the crates and say "these must be fake crates that lead to an invisible teleporter to a secret level", as a kid I saw them and said "oh these must be fake nitro crates to fool you into missing the gem, I'll try breaking them"
It's not like extra mans are such a commodity in Crash 2 that you can't afford to waste one even if you're a shitter who lost his mask.
>>
>>382004835
I truly never liked Crash very much. I loved Crash Team Racing though.
>>
>>382013994
>see picture
>can hear the sound of bouncing nitro crates in my head
>>
>>382008510
>NOT
>BEING
>AN IDORT
>>
Crash is ok, not a 10/10 masterpiece but decent 6 to 8/10 depending on the game. Worth playing through once
>>
PSX only gamer here.
Rayman 2 PSX was better by itself than the Crash trilogy combined
>>
>>382015056

It compares, but is kinda dragged down by
1) the shell-riding controls
2) the rushed final areas
3) levels getting padded out by making you fight Ninjaws
>>
>pc port
did I miss something?
>>
>>382015342
Desperate PCbros.
>>
>>382013994

>cringeworthy

I'm not gonna let some reddit shitter lecture me on his bullshit strategy guide game.
>>
>>382004835
With how mediocre the new one is, expect it anon.
>>
>>382015056
What's the difference between PSX and PS1?
>>
>>382015342
>>382017140
For legal reasons, Sony had to correct themselves on their twitter when they said it was exclusive to ps4 and ps4 pro. They say it's coming to ps4 and ps4 first.
>first

But then again, there are references to naughty dog in the game, so who knows really what will happen.
>>
>>382017609
>I am more retarded than elementary schoolchildren
>>
>>382017609
I'm sorry you couldn't notice something so painfully out of place like twelve-year old me did. I feel sorry for you.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.