[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So is pic related the last true survival horror game of the RE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: 2964893-3x.png (357KB, 556x366px) Image search: [Google]
2964893-3x.png
357KB, 556x366px
So is pic related the last true survival horror game of the RE franchise?

RE 7 returns some of the puzzle solving but it's in first person view. Not that it's entirely bad but what do you think?

It seems like survival horror is dying. People are too dumb to figure out puzzles. They just want shooters.
>>
Pretty much yes.
Yet its "hated" by some people for its 2-character gameplay and no item boxes.

RE7 was just overshilled shit. People claiming that "it's total return to roots!!" have clearly not played a single original RE game. And next these cool kids try to counter with some bullshit about first-person view being new hotness, totally ignorant that RE series had plenty of first-person titles already, most which played way closer to originals than the Twitch LP-bait 7.

>They just want shooters.
OR "kino" first-person, scripted "run & hide" jumpscare fests.
>>
>>382003738
0 was pure garbage
>>382004564
t. contraarian uneducated faggot
RE7 was great and there was only one other FPS RE the rest were onrail shooter you fucking dumbass
>>
>>382004564
>OR "kino" first-person, scripted "run & hide" jumpscare fests.

But this is only a very small part of the game.
>>
File: re Deadly Aim PS2.jpg (27KB, 250x355px) Image search: [Google]
re Deadly Aim PS2.jpg
27KB, 250x355px
>>382004719
That's some hot meme buzzwords right there.
I'm willing to bet I'm way more educated than you are, older to boot as well, yet that does not change the fact that RE7 was awful shit that is being wrongly praised as the return and savior of survival horror. It's the nu-Doom and "it's toootally like the original guys!! :^)" shilling, all over again.

>there was only one other FPS RE
I can name Survivor, Gun Survivor 2, and the Deadly Aim from the top of my head. So yeah, go be embarrassing underaged/b& somewhere else.

>>382004945
it's been a huge fad in the horror games in general for the past decade.
>>
>>382004719
Fucking this
>>
>>382005046
>it's been a huge fad in the horror games in general for the past decade.
I though we were talking about RE7
>>
>>382003738
My issue with RE7 isn't that it's in first person. It's the fact that the "puzzles" are piss easy, the enemy variety was shit and the best part of the game only lasts up to the chainsaw fight and he only patrols one wing of the mansion and the main hall.

It was a step in the right direction though I was still disappointed.
>>
>>382005215
In case you are illiterate, OP clearly set the topic to cover all of RE games and survival horror in general.

And yes, RE7 embraces lots of these shitty trends too. The beginning is literal walking sim trash, then it's Amnesia / Outlast style sneakan'runnan trash, and then it kinda tries to be Condemned for a while. However, you really don't have any room to explore or try things out, as you are funneled through a specific route way stricter than in RE1-3
>>
File: 7.jpg (56KB, 791x1024px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
56KB, 791x1024px
>>382003738
I think RE7's scariest and most tense moments would have been more frightening with tank controls and fixed cameras.
>>
>>382005325
This, after the mansion there was a huge drop in quality. I still enjoyed most of it though.
>>
File: image-13.jpg (9KB, 224x224px) Image search: [Google]
image-13.jpg
9KB, 224x224px
>>382003738

You fucking retards are so dense that you can't even see past your nostalgia goggles.

The ONLY reason these grandiose puzzles existed were to make you run back and forth between places you've already been to save the developer the cost of making new assets for the game. This type of shit hasnt faded because muh casuals, look at some of the ARG level shit thats going on in a handful of the most popular games to date.

Puzzles are cancer and have been supplanted by better means of player direction. Go play Witness you fucking cuck.
>>
>>382005452
I loved the boat section on my 1st playthrough. I actually had to explore an environment with multiple floors and locked doors while feeling completely naked with no way to defend myself.

On subsequent playthroughs though, the whole thing feels like a pace-killer? It's the flashback sequence that kills it for me .

I'm still looking forward to Not A Hero if only to explore the labs Ethan can't access in the mines and find out what the hell's down there.
>>
>>382003738

You know what survival horror is? It's not sitting in a room with my thumb up my ass trying to push peanuts into a fucking pentagram pattern so i can get a dumbass jewel to stick in some statues asshole on the other side of the fucking map.

Survival horror is stepping out of the save room and taking your first dive into the basement with 7 pistol bullets and a hatchet to your name. Stepping into the same damn place where you got murderized as the demo dude by the molded.
>>
>>382005408
>then it kinda tries to be Condemned for a while
In what way? Seriously how was RE7 anything like Condemned? besides the knife what hand to hand combat is there?
>>
>>382007870
Condemned did have firearms too you know.
And it really is the closest example there is for this sort of cinematic, linear first-person kiiinda survival-horror. Condemned pretty much started the whole full-body awareness first-person cinematics thing as well.
>>
>>382008794
Guns are incredible rare Condemned is about beating up crazy homeless bastards with pipes.
Unless your doing a knife run its all about shooting and using ammo wisely.
>>
>>382009017
pretty much in every level you get at least one gun, and the ratio increases towards the end.

Still, it's more of the overall style and direction of the RE7 that is fairly Condemned -esque. Not 1:1 copy, nor does it have the same melee focus, but the similarities in design are obvious.
>>
>>382003738
i just want another fucking game like resident evil 4. i care little for the abundancy of re7 shills and old RE nostalgiafags on /v/, i just want more of the gameplay, aesthetic and atmosphere that re4 had. fuck my life.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.