[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any reason to hate Resident Evil 6 outside of it being

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: resident-evil-6.jpg (680KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
resident-evil-6.jpg
680KB, 1920x1080px
Is there any reason to hate Resident Evil 6 outside of it being action rather than horror, which is now a moot point because RE7 became full horror again?
>>
If you think the only reason people hate RE6 is because it's not horror you're deluded.

RE4 was an action game and people love that fucking thing.
>>
Well I can forgive it for being an action game, so long as it's a good action game, and it certainly is not that.
>>
>>382001619
It's the harbinger of Capcom's clinical retardation.

They spent more on the cutscenes than any of the licensed movies' budgets, and still used it to string together a dreamboard from a scenario planner who had only ever heard about Resident Evil second hand.
>>
>>382001619
People just hate it because that's what everyone else does.
>>
>>382001619

It has some cool mechanics in it making it a shooter/wrestling game combo but the scenario design is overall shit and the story is something a hyperactive 10 year old would have came up with. It could have been good as a new IP or spinoff.

It's a wasted opportunity resulting in a suboptimal product with a gigantic budget plus unrealistic sales goals.

Capcom were ready to write off Resident Evil as a failed IP to avoid entertaining the possibility that just maybe they made some fucking retarded decisions.
>>
I love it, it's the most over-the-top RE;It's weird Dante from the DMC series isn't in it.
I love stupid shit like this:https://youtu.be/vq2WPB09ecg?t=71
When the game came out, the only thing that people on /v/ would bitch about was the QTEs, and they can be disabled, so who gives, but with time people just keep repeating the game is shit, cause thats the default impression of every game for this board so people don't even give it a chance.
The gameplay is a refined version of RE4/5s and the worst thing about it are the Cowadooty twinks section.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neAOruo0OrQ
>>
>>382001619
I'm convinced that the people hate it played Chris campaign first and never gave other campaigns a chance. Chris missions are garbage. The other campaigns are far better then 5 was.
>>
>>382001619

Good idea. Poor execution.
>>
>>382001619
I didnt liked it because the only campaign I had fun with was the Leon one, everything else was so over the top that it kinda put me off. Also weskers son, come the fuck on
>>
Dead Space 2 is action horror.
RE6 is BAD action horror.

It relies heavily on QTEs, poor gunplay, ridiculous bosses in a bad way [a man who reforms his atoms into a T-Rex and THEN a gigantic fly?], etc etc.

The only good that came from this is fixing Chris as a character with his dynamic between himself and Piers.

They managed to ruin Leon, that's a heinous crime.
>>
>>382003821
>only campaign I had fun with was the Leon one
How did you not like Ada then? It's pretty much the same thing with some extra content.
>>
>>382003857
>J'Avo enemies
>shooting exploding crossbow bolts at you

>anything like Leon's godawful QTEs-on-Legs
They're very different pieces of trash.
>>
>>382003829
>poor gunplay
How the fuck does it have poor gunplay. Clearly the best in post-3 Resi
>>
>>382001619

You had mechanics that imrpoved in just about every way possible ruined by setting every campaign on a linear hallway and never really tasking the player with any good arenas or smart enemy placement. It was often way too cramped to even flex the new abilities. Still the best rendition of Mercenaries hands down. AGENT main here.
>>
>>382003932
W-what? What's the problem with enemies shooting at you?
And frankly, who the hell is bothered with QTEs? Is it really hard to hit a button when it comes up? It's like they replaced mechanics with QTEs, they replaced nothing qith QTE. Which is a step up
>>
>>382001619
I really hated playing through it?

The game is awful, not just because it's not a re game but because it's a fucking terrible game in general. No it is not a good action game.
>>
>>382003857
Probably because I skipped everything after 4 and when I decided to come back first one I picked was leon, also ada had the whole clone thing which was kinda dumb. Alsakimbo pistols yo
>>
>>382003986
Just because you can do cool moves like the quick fire or jumping and rolling around doesn't make it fun to shoot, it makes it fun to MOVE.
The kinetic movement itself is what makes Mercenaries even worth touching, but can you even remember how the shotgun feels?

I'll give credit to the revolver and MAYBE the dual pistols but even that's pushing it.
>>
>>382003702
>this fucking retards compares that hot garbage to binary domain and vanquish
Pffhahheeheh
>>
Not to mention the fact that RE 6 mercs had a much more predictable spawn pattern that you could get used to and properly plan for. The china levels were usually the best for pulling off absurd combos.
>>
>>382001619
It cracks me up that some of the same people who vocally hate RE6 will stand by RE5 or even praise it. 6 was fun.
>>
>>382004101
My point was that those enemies are in Chris and Jake's campaigns, whereas Leon is primarily fighting zombies.
My QTE comment was based on the lame zombie behavior in this game.
>>
>>382001619
Chris's campaign was shitty, everything else was Ok IMO. I thought it pulled off the atmosphere better than 5, and the co-op AI was better by virtue of not wasting your ammo like a retard
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.