[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The only solution to fixing this on disk DLC, season pass, paid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 60-dollar-game-slider.jpg (375KB, 1000x471px) Image search: [Google]
60-dollar-game-slider.jpg
375KB, 1000x471px
The only solution to fixing this on disk DLC, season pass, paid mods, and exclusive pre-order is to remove the 60 dollar base game limit. Have the game companies charge how much their game is worth.

Would you pay over 100 dollars if it meant all this shit went away?
>>
Kill yourself
>>
>"the only way to get rid of this bullshit is to force everyone into it by removing choice"

Fuck off OP
>>
>>382001270
They wouldn't need to charge $100, they could charge $70 or $80 and they'd make more money than they do now with the current model because everyone buying the game would be paying more. If you look at trophy / achievement stats on PS4 and Xbox One, the vast majority of players never play DLC. All the profit they generate on it is from less than 25% of the user base.

I would pay $70 for a new game if it meant they didn't try to Jew us for extra content
>>
File: cyanide and happiness suicide.png (55KB, 764x806px) Image search: [Google]
cyanide and happiness suicide.png
55KB, 764x806px
>>382001270
>charge how much their game is worth
>pay over 100 dollars
>>
>>382001270
I'd rather have more affordable games updated over time, CA put out a good explanation of this when they were making the first Total War: Warhammer, developing that game full out would have taken prohibitively long and been prohibitively expensive. Adding dlc lets you put a product out, then work on it while getting paid to keep working on it.
Even if that type of development cycle was even half realistic, I wouldn't buy games over $100
>>
The solution is to not buy AAA "games" because they're overly simplified skinner box dogshit garbage anyway.
>>
>>382001673
>He couldn't at least have fun with DOOM
Come now, anon. At this point you're just being a little contrarian bitch
>>
>>382001270
no because then i couldnt buy only the content that I like. Thats literally less that what I would of had in options than before.

Pay bulk for everything as opposed to buy everything in seperate parts. I can still buy everything but if now I lose the option to buy only parts of content. I don't want to buy horse armor dlc to play the base game ree.
>>
>>382001543
I'm not against DLC if it meant prolonging the games life. its shit like Day 1 DLC that a some companies like capcom hide that shit inside the disc that should have been in the game from the start. Season pass? that's what pre-orders are for to pony up the dough up front. complete bullshit.
>>
>>382001751
I'm not going to pay 60 bucks or more for the 3 one map DLCs for a game they did better 25 years ago. If you give Bethesda a cent for anything you're part of the problem.
>>
>Companies charge $100 per game
>Continue to make DLC
>Games are the same but they tell everyone how hard they worked and that they deserve 100 bucks
>Takes longer for the game to reach a good sale price
>Smaller games die off quickly because nobody wants to pay $100 for a new series they don't know
>Budgets become bigger meaning they need to make more money
>More DLC and yearly installments
>Bump up the price some more during the next generation because making games is tough and costly, so fork over another 20 please
Oh who am I kidding? This totally wouldn't spiral out of control in some way or another, OP is right.
>>
>>382002064
Damn kiddo, youreally are just out there to have no fun at all
>>
>>382002236
are you totally ignoring that its a open price point or you just going to assume everyone is going to charge 100 dollars even for an angry birds 3 game?
>>
>>382001270

On what fucking planet was the Starcraft Battlechest $20 on release?

I paid a fucking fortune for my Warcraft and Starcraft Battlechests as a kid, worth every cent, but they certainly weren't cheap.
>>
ITT armchair economists
>>
>>382001270
I love how that image uses the goddamn battle chest at $20 as if SC and BW were both $10 a pop at launch. Perfect for how dumb OP is.
>>
but wouldn't a company come along and produce a game that provides that same hours of entertainment for $99
>>
>>382001270
Does this take into account inflation? 20 bucks in the 90s would be like 50 bucks today, wouldn't it?
>>
>>382002697
Starcraft is free now, look at how much content we used to get for free!
>>
>>382001543
Actual reality
>game X gets released
>cut content sold for 30$ a piece
>dlc will make you play the game longer
one season pass later
>we announce Game X 2
>first game gets abandoned completely
>>
min effort max profit.

normalfags dont caree if they pay 3x the retailprice for cut dlc,
>>
>>382001270
Personally i think that when a developer releases a GOTY/Complete edition of a game, everyone who bought the base game should be upgraded to that version (something that Bethesda of all people did with Skyrim SE on pc)
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.