[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I fear I'm getting old, /v/. Every time I try to replay

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

File: 1434399719419.jpg (15KB, 500x383px) Image search: [Google]
1434399719419.jpg
15KB, 500x383px
I fear I'm getting old, /v/. Every time I try to replay an old game, even one I greatly enjoyed in the past, I always stop at the start.

I know it will get great later, that I will rediscover more stuff, enjoy it more now that I'm older and I experienced more genres, but I really can't bring myself to complete it.

I always buy new games, play them, and then the cycle repeats, because I can't go back to replay them either. It's like my brain thinks "Oh, you already know this/you already read this, skip everything".

I can just wait for the new releases I'm interested in and that's it.

Things weren't like this when I was younger, I could play everything and enjoy everything without problems, even games I had played thousand times before and knew better than my pockets.

Am I getting old? Is it autism? Depression? Do you have the same problem and if you do, how do you cope with it?
>>
It's none of the above, you're bored and need another hobby to supplement videogames.
>>
>>382000910
It's just a thing. From what I can tell it starts off with you replaying old content, when you get bored of that, you just want new content. After that, when there's no new content that you enjoy, you begin to create new stuff.

I'm stuck in the wanting new content phase as well. It's not so bad, just keep finding new stuff to entertain you, maybe try different stuff that you don't think you'll enjoy. Expand your taste.

You might find old stuff you really enjoy that you haven't played before.

Other hobbies also help as this dude said. >>382001112
>>
Go back and play Dark Messiah of Might and Magic.

If you can't have fun kicking the universe to death in the name of your Sauron daddy while an overly devoted succubus sings your praises and tells you how much she loves you, then you truly are a lost cause.
>>
>>382001229
I can not have a ton of fun trying to climb up a pit with a million spiders in it
>>
>>382001162
>>382001112
Yeah, boredom might be it. Maybe I really need a new hobby, even if just for a little while. It's a pity, there are so many old games I love and would like to replay, but every time I start them, my brain shuts off.

I'll try old games I never tried before and expand my taste, like >>382001162 suggested. This >>382001229 might work too.
>>
>>382001440
Be honest and tell me what your off time looks like, you should have two or three things going on
>>
>>382001635
University, mostly, but now that summer is here things are much slower. I don't have many friends, so I don't go out much.
>>
>>382001821
Yeah man you gotta add other activities so your vidya time means something, rather than it being your default state when nothing else is happening
>>
File: 1497134662458.jpg (100KB, 861x923px) Image search: [Google]
1497134662458.jpg
100KB, 861x923px
>>382001391

Clearly you aren't kicking hard enough.
Try kicking a little harder, but with more feeling.
>>
File: 1357595634444.jpg (114KB, 261x440px) Image search: [Google]
1357595634444.jpg
114KB, 261x440px
What helps me avoid that feeling is cheating. Specifically speed hacking. Increasing the speed of a game can breathe a lot of life back into it because it allows you to mitigate a lot of the minutia and tedium. Old emulated games from the SNES/PS1 eras are possible to be played by me now because I'm no longer turned off by how slow the games naturally are. Games I overlooked or passed on when I was younger I can actually get through now. Granted I'm not immersed in the experience of it, but there's nothing that can bring me back to the mindset of when I was 10 years old and only had the one fucking game I rented that week to play.

Another thing I do is challenge runs of certain games. Limiting myself mechanically from using something useful or overpowered and force myself to get creative with how to complete a game.

You gotta find a way to make a game exciting for you. For me it's speed and a handicap. For you it could be anything.
>>
File: 1493677171098.png (123KB, 697x993px) Image search: [Google]
1493677171098.png
123KB, 697x993px
>>382000910
I used to feel like this, and snapped out of it a few months ago. Usually happens when you're under pressure, can't relax and feel like you're on a time crunch. Hence why you keep playing new games.
>>
File: 1473776305739.jpg (92KB, 410x410px) Image search: [Google]
1473776305739.jpg
92KB, 410x410px
>>382002157
>Usually happens when you're under pressure, can't relax and feel like you're on a time crunch.

You described it perfectly.
>>
>>382002363
Your brain will come to terms with it eventually. Try to take it easy and relax, no matter what situation you're in unless you're in danger there's no need to panic.
>>
File: 1387688844852.jpg (25KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1387688844852.jpg
25KB, 250x250px
>>382002791
>recently had sinus infection
>body jolted into panic mode because I felt like I was drowning
>every 30 seconds

I'm still exhausted. Old people always told me my youth was being wasted, but they never bothered to go into detail why.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.