[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where can I find the list of stretch goals for PoE 2: Deadfire?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 15

File: header.jpg (54KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
54KB, 460x215px
Where can I find the list of stretch goals for PoE 2: Deadfire? I can't find it on Fig anymore and google returns nothing. Did they just wipe them from existence and hope nobody remembers what they promised to add?
>>
Here you go, my man. Fig does have a pretty confusing interface.

They managed to clear the 4.5m goal, but didn't get past that.
>>
>>381998316
Good. Fishing is fucking shit.
>>
File: 1496127132916.jpg (59KB, 763x757px) Image search: [Google]
1496127132916.jpg
59KB, 763x757px
>mfw PoE2 is a bigger crowdfunding success than PoE1
I like how /v/ is wrong literally about everything, including the fact that PoE is somehow supposed to be "boring", since player confidence in the next game actually increased instead of dropping off a cliff, had the first game been actually "boring".
>>
File: cry.jpg (5KB, 145x145px) Image search: [Google]
cry.jpg
5KB, 145x145px
>>381998370
But muh sea monsters
>>
>>381998636
I-'m honestly really surprised, because Tranny was an absolute piece of shit.
>>
>>381998805
Tyranny was made under a contract with Paradox by a team of leftovers who were not working on PoE2. Anyone with half a brain knew it was going to be shit from the start, especially Obsidian fans, but even then it had some well executed ideas.
>>
File: portrait_zahua_lg.png (117KB, 210x330px) Image search: [Google]
portrait_zahua_lg.png
117KB, 210x330px
>>381998636
To be fair, half of the big funding success comes from the Fig investment deal. But yeah, it's no surprise to me that there are still plenty of people excited for the sequel like me, since the concept sounds great, the first game was great despite being flawed and the expansion was even better.
>>
>>381998636
I will give them that there were less overall backers than there were for the original PoE. Not sure exactly what that implies, but it's a thing.
>>
>>381999050
>To be fair, half of the big funding success comes from the Fig investment deal.
All that money didn't materialize from thin air, people felt actually satisfied enough with the first game to donate the money. This shows that the consumer confidence in the franchise and Obsidian in general has increased, the peculiarities of the Fig scheme aren't really my concern.
>>
>>381999257
You might be right, I'm sure there's a group of people in the funders that are thinking "Wow, this game looks like it's gonna be good, I get to support them and possibly make money from it, as well" but I imagine that there's also a group of people that don't give an actual shit about the game and are just going "The first Pillars of Eternity sold really well, so surely Pillars of Eternity 2 is gonna sell as well, this is a STEAL of a deal", which isn't necessarily true, as we know due to the fact that the sequels to relatively popular indie hits tend to do worse (Grimrock 2, for example)
>>
>>381998636

>/v/ is wrong about everything

Hey, I disliked PoE 1 but I was excited that 2 was a crowdfunding success. I think they'll do a much better job this time. All it needs is a bit more interesting writing/conversations and the addition of subclasses/multiclasses alone makes it 20x better than PoE 1
>>
>>381999456
>implying you make any money off fig
>>
>>381999885
That's my point. There are people that most likely got scammed that make a part of PoE 2's funding.
>>
>>381999885
>>381999957
How does this "making money off Fig investments" is even supposed to work?
>>
>>382000031
The short and simple of it is that if Pillars of Eternity 2 sells about as well as the first game did, you're gonna get a short profit from it if you invested on it. In the extremely unlikely case that it somehow sells much better, you could make big bucks.
>>
eh, I never even bought the winter's heart expansion DLC.

i guess maybe they managed to get more crowdfunding by using fig since it tries to boast it's actual INVESTING instead of donating, although I heard that to actually make any money off fig's setup you'd either have to have donated a million bucks to the project, or the game would have to have sold like 16 million copies (aka typical absurd number EA demands and then kills studios for not meeting)

If PoE2 turns out to not have a shit story I might buy it later. But it's starring Paladin Vagina, Pallygina, who was the most disinteresting companion in POE so I have low expectations.
>>
File: ys2vu59m.jpg (586KB, 800x1029px) Image search: [Google]
ys2vu59m.jpg
586KB, 800x1029px
would you a ydwin?
>>
>>382000031
By being dishonest to investors and selling them false promises. Of course, any investor worth a damn should be wiser than to fall for it, but Fig targets those who don't have much experience or know what they are doing. Their website treats investors like fucking retards:

https://www.fig.co/about#investment
>Detailed information about investing on Fig is available from the Invest page.

So you follow the link and get:
>https://www.fig.co/invest

For fuck's sake.

Also this is a fun read.
https://www.growly.io/investing-on-fig-insight-from-a-veteran-investor/
>>
>>382000507
No. She looks like a dyke.
>>
>>382000332
>who was the most disinteresting companion in POE
That's not Kana Rua
>>
>>381998316
>>381998370
Most of these are going to suck much like the castle management of PoE 1 which was like a half-assed facebook game.
>>
>>382003615
>He didn't play 3.0 with the expansions
>>
>>382003752
Nah, I didn't. How was it improved?
>>
>>382003615
They learned their lessons, instead of castle you have the ship now which you actually use to travel on the world map, so it's never too far away from you and you see the effects of upgrades immediately.
>>
>>382003823
Added adventures, quests related to the stronghold, cool lawmaker sections where you made decisions ruling over the land.

Loading times were still terrible, though. 6 second loading screen to visit your kitchen.
>>
>>381998636
70% of the money came from investors
PoE2 had like 28k backers.
Compare that to the 77k that PoE1 had. There's way less interest. Fig just hides it.
>>
>>382004974
>70% of the money came from investors
Incorrect. Around 50%

Also, PoE 2 had 33,614 backers, which is nothing to scoff at. That's still a lot of people.
>>
>>382004095
Ugh. I hated that in Regalia. I dunno how I stomached it on PoE. SSD didn't help.
>>
>>382005218
And the average pledge was higher IIRC.

One different thing is that PoE 1 kickstarter was basically "gib money or we go out of business". PoE 2 is more like "want a game like PoE but better and with pirates, also it's actually half-done already and we can show some in-engine footage?".
>>
>>381998636
i thought poe was seriously flawed but still donated to the deadfire figstarter because sawyer was so open about what went wrong.
>>
PoE2 > BG2 > PoE > BG
>>
>>382005991
BG2 > Age of Decadence > PS:T > BG > Icewind Dale > Call of Duty > PoE
>>
>>382005991
>>382006209
I prefer PoE over any of the BGs. Infinity Engine games are straight up garbage.
>>
File: ass.jpg (13KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
ass.jpg
13KB, 225x225px
>>382006209
Age of Decadence is fucking trash
>>
>>382006371
Age of Decadence is one of the best games to come out in the past 10 years.
>>
>>382006651
It's not even among the best 50 games released in 2015
>>
>>382006651
lol
>>
File: salty coffee.png (231KB, 540x338px) Image search: [Google]
salty coffee.png
231KB, 540x338px
>>382006316
>>382006371
>>382006745
>>382006751

samefag
>>
>>382006651
>when the game is so shit a dev has to shill it on 4chan
lmao@urLyf
>>
File: sry.png (39KB, 438x362px) Image search: [Google]
sry.png
39KB, 438x362px
>>382006845
Nope
Age of Decadence is garbage
>>
>>382007038
And how exactly is it garbage, anon? Can you at least put together a coherent argument?
>>
>>382006316
Thats one hell of a shit taste you got there my little retard.
>>
>>382007206
You can either play it as a boring not particularly well written CYOA adventure that basically plays itself or you can go full combat, where the A.I. is fucking retarded the combat is mediocre at best (But it's based on Fallout 1 so I'm supposed to like it), also, spam bolas to win. You were incentivized to stat hoard and there were way too many instances of dead ends or the game just teleporting you. Some of the quest lines were way more boring than others. It has reactivity, I'll give it that, but it's just so bad in every other department. Oh, yeah, and it looks like fucking dogshit.
It gets a 3/10 from me, and that's me being generous.
>>
File: dud.jpg (74KB, 564x266px) Image search: [Google]
dud.jpg
74KB, 564x266px
>mfw Storm spells
That's not balanced at all
>>
Just started playing Pillars, really enjoying it so far (backer NPC's aside), but i'm getting absolutely fucking wrecked trying to kill Lord Raedric.

Combat up until this point as been challenging, but readily doable, but the sheer numbers and strength of him and his lackeys seems insane by comparison with every fight so far, even clearing out the dungeons was relatively easy.

Am I mean to have a full roster of adventurers by now or what?

>Tank gets downed in a few hits
>My Druid turns into a bear, proceeds to get downed in one hit
>Faggy Elf I met in town attempts to cast a spell and gets one hit by an archer
>>
>>382008062
What difficulty are you on? Do you have a full party? It's absurd to try to take him on if you don't have 6 dudes yet. He's a monster.
>>
File: 1494493577635.jpg (27KB, 489x499px) Image search: [Google]
1494493577635.jpg
27KB, 489x499px
>>382008213
>tfw completed most of the game solo on path of the damned
>>
>>382008213

Ah shit.

Playing on hard, and only have three party members at the moment, I made/hired a fighter as a tank in the Inn, recruited Aloth and there's my Druid.

Guess i'm heading back to town.
>>
File: nervous frog.jpg (33KB, 480x454px) Image search: [Google]
nervous frog.jpg
33KB, 480x454px
>>382008336
B-b-bakana
I went through POTD with a full party and it was hell on earth
>>
>>382008471
I mean, you can git gud to an extreme degree and do it, if you really want to, but if I were you, I'd explore the rest of the game and get back to him when you have a full party. It won't take too long.
>>
>>382008062
just come back later faget
>>
>>382007451
>You can either play it as a boring not particularly well written CYOA adventure that basically plays itself or you can go full combat

It's not that binary. Several questlines and backgrounds, for example assassin and praetor, expect that you can do both. You fight when you can and you talk when you can, what else exactly do you expect from an rpg?

>the A.I. is fucking retarded
The AI at least takes your skills into account. They won't even attempt to stab you in the arm or the legs if your defense skills are too good. Meanwhile they will aim at all the weak points and finish you off in seconds if you are a dirty non-fighter with the reflexes of a 90 year-old with rheuma.

>spam bolas to win
Have you even played the game, or just pick up your information from other anons? You can't spam bolas. It's a very rare resource. You can get less than 5 of them in each city, and they can't be crafted.

>You were incentivized to stat hoard
You were incentively to pay attention to the task at hand and use the stats the game recommended you to when you created your character. If you stray from your background path, you might hit dead ends in certain quests, because you are a fish out of water. But you don't have to, and you are not supposed to finish every quest in the game.

>teleporting
Teleporting happens in two ways. You are told you have to do something, in which case the game will offer you an option if you want to do it immediately, or need time to prepare. Or you are already in the middle of a quest, and circumstances force you to go along with something. For example because someone is holding a knife to your throat and tells you to follow. But in almost all situations of this kind you are given the opportunity to at least fight back, in which case there won't be any teleporting.

You make it sound like the game is full of completely arbitrary teleports. It isn't.

>Some of the quest lines were way more boring than others.

That's true for every game.
>>
>>382008818
>first time playing PoE
>got anally rekt at Raedric
>decide to come back later
>totally forget about it for 50 hours
>when I finally remember to come back his guys die in one hit
>>
>>382009006
You didn't actually refute any of the flaws to the game I stated. These poor shitty justifications don't change the fact that the game is shit.

My point, that you completely dodged in that wall of text, is that the writing is average at best and you can find better in the average CYOA adventure, and the combat would be below average back in 2000, let alone now. It doesn't matter if it has a very wide range of combat + CYOA stuff in it, because it's not particularly good in EITHER of those aspects.
>>
>>382009006
>Be expert at stealth, athleticism and poisoning
>Go assassinate this dude
>Sure, my character was made for this
>My only option is to call for him and get in a fight with a billion dudes
Defend this
>>
>>382009291
That's really funny, anon. So no matter what I tell you, you are just going to shrug and disregard it. What you said about combat/non-combat was bullshit, what you said about bolas was bullshit to the point it's hard to believe you ever loaded up the game. You haven't tried to explain in any way what makes the combat below average, you just claim it is. And you are criticizing the writing in PoE thread? Don't make me laugh.
>>
>>382010110
>What you said about combat/non-combat was bullshit
Except, it isn't. You can play a playthrough without touching the combat system, which on one hand, is great, because the combat is terrible, but then it's just a shitty CYOA with added awful graphics. There are plenty of those around that are much better.

>what you said about bolas was bullshit to the point it's hard to believe you ever loaded up the game
Bolas are overpowered, yes, there are a few of them, it's one of the many shitty vices of the combat system, the other being the awful A.I. or just how painfully tedious it is.

>And you are criticizing the writing in PoE thread?
The writing is equally shitty in both these games, but at least PoE doesn't look like dogshit. And it's combat system, even with the ton of trash mobs, is much better than AoE.
>>
Age of Decadence fags blown the FUCK out
>>
>>382010330
>You can play a playthrough without touching the combat system

And at no point does the game force you to do it, no matter which background or questline you pick. Fighting is always an option, much like talking is almost always an option, even if you are a fighter. What else do you expect the game to do? Turn into a platform game? Chess? Car racing? Seriously, what?

>Bolas are overpowered
Only if you are already good at combat. You know what you can do with a low dexterity build after throwing a bola? Do a fast attack with a dagger. That's it, and that's not going to magically kill anyone. If you throw at the head, you can do nothing, because it takes 5 of your 6 APs. Bolas are only good for those with the skills to use them.

>awful graphics
>but at least PoE doesn't look like dogshit

A graphicswhore? Fantastic. Just the person I wanted to spend my time arguing with.
>>
>Tyranny had an interesting premise and a better encounter design than Pillars
>somehow PoE is getting a sequel instead

Oh well, I can't wait to read boring lore and fight 20 autoattacking soldiers 5 times in one map again. Maybe there will be interesting monsters like the ones with instant teleports and AOE stuns again :)
>>
>>382011362
Brian
you tried.
>>
Hopefully they don't censor the game like they did with PoE.
>>
>>382011362
>interesting monsters like the ones with instant teleports and AOE stuns
Playing through White March right now, I already weary-quit it twice. Not exactly a rage-quit, but I was fucking tired of fighting these bullshit mobs.

>*teleports ur tank halfway across the map*
>*teleports behind u*
>*AoE paralyzes u*
>nothin personnel
>>
File: 1486831141442.png (127KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1486831141442.png
127KB, 500x500px
is there going to be r-romance?
>>
>>382009589
>Be expert at stealth, athleticism and poisoning
>athleticism

What?

And here's an idea, anon. If you don't feel up to what someone wants you to do, betray them.
>>
>>382011641
I beat the game without much trouble on PotD, but it was extremely tedious because the challenge was based on not allowing the enemies to do anything because of their retarded stats and lack of any kind of proper AI. I really felt like they did random shit even though they're supposed to be focusing armored targets.

The worst offender was some random bounty encounter in the expansion where the enemies legitimately almost instagibbed my guys if I so much as let them move, so I was forced into just running across the map with one character that they all aggroed on (and never stopped chasing until I killed them).

I'm not saying Tyranny is much better, but at least the spell crafting made the combat a bit more interesting than SLICKEN SLICKEN SLICKEN SLICKEN
>>
>>382011971
That shitty design is seen in the adra dragon too, most reliable way to kill her is to spam petrify so she doesn't even do anything the whole battle.
>>
>>382011858

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIUqGbIUP6c

Yes. Jew Swinger got cucked by market preferences and decided to let players dick that sweet chocolate Pallegina pussy.
>>
>>382012232
i only did the adra dragon at release
but i remember 1 shotting her with the priest seal trap
>>
>>382011147
I want the game to be decently written or have a decent combat if it's all that there is to it, you fucking child.
>>
>>382012690
I didn't play it on release but from what I've read the adra dragon is a lot different now than it was back then. Still a shit tier boss fight though.
>>
>>382012232
Every fight was just about who can cheese harder: you or the enemies. I know some people like this (like the guys killing demi-liches with traps on lvl 4 rogues in NWN), but I really prefer a fight about combat resource management over a fight where you just meme on your enemies and abuse their retarded AI (Cloudkill + Web in the fog of war in Baldur's Gate)
>>
>>382012726
Okay, let's try something else. How is it not decently written? How is the game's writing any worse than any other game's out there?

The game doesn't have a single copy-pasted combat encounter. Your battlefield and opportunity for movement can be restricted, making sure you can't just rely on shitty strategies like kiting, but have to think about how to split your action points between attacking and positioning. Resources are limited, and many of them can be unlocked only through crafting, or can be found only with certain skills or reputation in very limited quantities, so you have to make them count. The game puts you into situations where you can be in serious disadvantage, like fighting in poisonous gas that slowly drains yours stats and health, but allows you to find ways around it if you make some effort. Encounters can changed with talking skills, changing the number of allies and enemies. Enemies often use consumables against you, for example they can take antidotes to deal with your poisons, throw nets at you, or even the "overpowered' bolas you mentioned. They switch strategies depending on whether you engage them in melee or ranged.

So again, how is combat below average? Is Jagged Aliieance 2 your average?

And you still haven't told me what else exactly do you expect to find in an rpg that isn't combat or talking.
>>
>>381997885
BRING DURANCE BACK, FFS!
>>
>>382014039
not happening
might make a cameo but that's it.
>>
>>382013874
Not even him, but you got blown the fuck out and your desperation as you keep moving the goal posts is hilarious
>>
>>382014287
But why? One of the core companions is him
>>
>>382014647
Avellone was his main writer and he's gone from Obsidian
>>
>>382014647
avellone is gone and according to him durance's arc is done
>>
>>382014698
>>382014768
But is it possible that he let his author rights for Durance to Obsidian PoE team, why should it keep it if he doesn't work on the game Durance was made for
>>
>>382014893
how was PoE2 made for Durance?
Also there's no such thing as "author rights". Obsidian can use Durance if they want to, he's their property, they just chose not to. Probably partly out of respect for Avellone, partly because his story is done and they have nothing more to say about him, partly because it's set on the other side of the world and there's no reason for him to be there.
>>
>>382015096
Not for PoE2 but original one.
And how does he not have any other job to do so?
He can purchase his adventure against gods and Godhammer creators
>>
>>382015319
Maybe he'll be a quest giver or have some references made to him
>>
>>382017110
You're looking for the other PoE.
>>
>>382014893
Obsidian definitely own all the rights for Durance, it's just a question of if they'll use them.
>>
>>382018121
Well, if they can't decide, then ask players, which will be - yes, make him returns.
>>
>>382018267
I wouldn't do it if I were them. Avellone is not around anymore. They could fuck Durance up without him.
>>
>>382018546

>putting a whore on a pedestal

Durance's shit was already fucked up
>>
>>382017019
This is the best case scenario. Characters mention him dying on his hunt for Magran (if that was the path you gave him)
>>
File: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg (43KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg
43KB, 900x900px
>5.0 M for the eight companion
>>
>>382021986

Just wait for the expansions stupid goy
>>
>>382021986
They never wanted to reach that goal, that's the point. It's a literal bait.
>>
File: gun.jpg (8KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
gun.jpg
8KB, 228x221px
>>382022351
WELL, CONSIDER ME HOOKED
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.