[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SNES Mini Does it mean nintendo is emulating the Super FX chip?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: z.png (61KB, 220x283px) Image search: [Google]
z.png
61KB, 220x283px
SNES Mini
Does it mean nintendo is emulating the Super FX chip? or are they going to use some bsnes technique to run the game with 90% accuracy?

Daily reminder no emulator in the world can play Super Mario World 2 Yoshi Island with accuracy because no one ever got the source code of Super FX
>>
>>381982678
>Daily reminder no emulator in the world can play Super Mario World 2 Yoshi Island with accuracy because no one ever got the source code of Super FX

Ok explain this shit

Byuu is obtuse as fuck, but I've never caught him lying about emulation. He says higan has no known bugs. Just what is different between yoshi's island on a real super nintendo and higan?
>>
so emufags haven't really played yoshi's island properly?
things are making sense now
>>
>>381982910
GBA
>>
>>381982852
>different between yoshi's island on a real super nintendo and higan?
the speed is not 100% correct even if you play in a i7 overclocked.
It's pretty close to being 100% but it's not 100%. On SNES 9x in some areas it gets 4% slowdown and on higan it drops a few frames
>>
>>381983049
Does not have to be perfect
>>
>>381983191
oh you.....
>>
>>381982678
Maybe they'll put in another ARC :^ )
>>
daily reminder no one can tell the difference and have played and replayed this and every other snes game on "inferior" emulators
>>
>>381982678
How is SNES Mini's chip compared to NES mini?
>>
>>381983191
But the whole point of higan has always been to be as accurate as possible
>>
Either Nintendo has copied higan emulation or Super FX Star Fox 2 will run like crap
Regardless Super FX emulation is not perfect
Snes Mini will have a 700Hz CPU which will run every game worse than zsnes
>>
>>381982678
>Does it mean nintendo is emulating the Super FX chip?
Think about how modern emulators handle the super FX chip. They just re-map the instruction set to current OpenGL. snes9x has done this for over 17 years.

>Daily reminder no emulator in the world can play Super Mario World 2 Yoshi Island with accuracy because no one ever got the source code of Super FX
Daily reminder to not listen to people like this because they're genuinely uneducated.

BSnes done it just fine by emulating the outputs of the chip itself.

http://www.bannister.org/software/bsnes.htm
>>
>>381983049
Well I've heard higan needs 3Ghz, is that an absolute or just the norm?

Also are you fudging the word "accuracy" here? Do you mean to say that no consumer PC can run yoshi's island at full speed with higan? That's not the same thing as the emulator itself being inaccurate. Some or all computers not being fast enough is a consequence of accuracy.
>>
>>381983430
it doesn't matter what mini snes specs are, nintendo could go to intel and have them revive 8086 chips and use those and nobody would notice because, just like mini nes nobody buys these things to play games.
>>
>>381983481
go to the first underground (first green Warp Pipe) you'll notice speed issues
2:40 here this person is playing on a real SNES
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKf3sX9mGq0
>>
>>381983668
>revive 8086 chips
>implying the 8086 ever died
wew lad
>>
>>381983412

> as possible

Well then, there you go
>>
>>381983543
to get almost perfect cycle-speed you'll need 3.2Ghz or more
To play 99% of games any i3 can do more than fine
>>
>>381983481
>BSnes done it just fine by emulating the outputs of the chip itself.
If it manages to get the same output by emulating them but not emulating how those outputs are originally achieved, then it's not accurate.

Accuracy in emulators means emulating every single aspect of it from the base circuits to the code to the final outputs, if anything in between is achieved differently or via tricks, then it's not accurate regardless of how accurate the final output is.
>>
File: 1338524156164.png (102KB, 241x228px) Image search: [Google]
1338524156164.png
102KB, 241x228px
>>381984021
>Accuracy in emulators means emulating every single aspect of it from the base circuits to the code to the final outputs
Holy cow, didn't realize that we were simulating physics with accurate emulators.
So how is it possible to obtain the quantum spin of all the atoms in the SNES circuitry and fit it into traditional computer memory?
>>
>>381984293
Emulating, not recreating, retard.
>>
>>381984468
Well of course it's emulation, we're simulating the spin of the electrons!
>>
>>381982963
>properly
>>
>>381982963
The GBA port is terrible. Smaller viewport, awful sound quality, and tons of slowdown, and it has those ear piercing Yoshi noises from Story.
>>
>>381984021
>If it manages to get the same output by emulating them but not emulating how those outputs are originally achieved, then it's not accurate.

Let's accept that to see where it goes

>Accuracy in emulators means emulating every single aspect of it from the base circuits to the code to the final outputs, if anything in between is achieved differently or via tricks, then it's not accurate regardless of how accurate the final output is.

And by extension, what if I said it needed to be every single aspect from the REAL base circuits. The real hardware, to be accurate. Definitions for accuracy can be so demanding that emulation can never be accurate.

But looking back on the premise, why does it matter, if it gets the same output for every super nintendo game currently in existence, or any super nintendo game you could conceivably develop in the future?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Observational_equivalence

I mean say we have a processor that's fast enough to run yoshi's island with no slow down. The output is the same. Is it a problem for you that the output was achieved differently? There's no test you could perform, no observation to tell them apart.
>>
>>381984784
>50c has been deposited into your account by Nintendoâ„¢
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.