[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the most difficult game you have ever played and beaten?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 162
Thread images: 33

What is the most difficult game you have ever played and beaten? How accomplished did you feel?

Pic related for me. It was a love/hate thing.
>>
you must not play alot of different and challenging games if this is your pick
same goes if you pick a dark souls game by the way
>>
>>381975732
I do, but this is a game that 90% of people quit because they think it's pay-to-win.

Post some examples of what you consider hard if you're not just being a troll.
>>
Probably Devil Daggers. Took me 80 hours to get 507 seconds, another 20 and I'm currently sitting at 522. Felt fucking satisfying when I got it, but there is still progress to be made.
Top ten, some day.
>>
>>381975893
This looks badass and I have never heard of it. Thanks for the rec, I'll be checking it out.
>>
I Wanna Be The Boshy

I got extremely lucky on my last boss kill, and it made me feel like I didn't deserve it. I've tried several hundred more times after that and never beat it again.
>>
>Meme Souls
>difficult
Is the PS4 your first console?
>>
>>381976110
LE RETRO x---DD BATTLEDOADS
>>
>>381976028
It's great, what really hooked me was the aesthetics and 10/10 sound design. Takes a fair bit of dedication to get good, and some would fine it repetitive. It's cheap though, and on sale now. High rec from me.
>>
>>381975874
>but this is a game that 90% of people quit because they think it's pay-to-win.

I don't understand the point you're trying to make. That doesn't make the game appear harder.
>>
definitely doing Bloodborne's Old Hunters DLC for the first time on NG+

If Bloodborne is invalid because muh souls is easy meme then Donkey Kong Country, fuck you
>>
>>381976110
I got stuck on the final level on the first run through , no matter how much I hit the boss, he just wouldn't die, and I timed out.
>>
>>381976267
>a game most people quit because they think it's too hard and impossible to beat without paying
>that doesn't make the game appear harder

are you slow
>>
La-Mulana, hard mode and no subweapons on bosses
XCOM Long war, highest difficulty

Bretty accomplished 5/5
>>
>>381975213
>I felt really accomplished because I farmed for guardshrooms and hit a boss for five minutes with no consequences
I mean, I get it, I also did it, but you can't deny that there was more grind than skill involved.
>>
>>381976423
>because they think it's too hard and impossible to beat

That's not necessarily the case. I'm pretty sure the presentation is more to blame for it. People get the idea that it's Pay to Win and thus go with that idea in mind and then give up when they find the first obstacle because that would mean "it's time to pay". You're vastly overestimating people's tenacity, most aren't going to be throwing themselves against the wall to see if it comes down, they'll just see it and call it quits then.

Saying "but 90% gave up" is a poor argument when in most games not even 50% tend to make it past the tutorial.
>>
>>381976882
>thinking LID was about boss difficulty

It was all about climbing the tower, pham.
>>
If i said it was I wanna be the boshy does that make me a complete pleb.
>>
>>381976971
I get that, that's why it's a disappointment that the final boss was so underwhelming due to so many cheesing options.

New content soon
>>
File: 1488815486303.jpg (171KB, 418x576px) Image search: [Google]
1488815486303.jpg
171KB, 418x576px
>>381975213
I can't remember the last time a game challenged me.

Don't get me wrong. I lose progress and make mistakes, but there's never been an instance where I questioned my own ability to eventually win. I've never had to summon willpower from inside to gather the strength to continue. I just play. Games are invariably designed to be beaten, and if it's possible then it's probable, and if it's probable then it's eventual. A game that would genuinely challenge me would never see the light of day; at least not from any significant developer or publisher.
>>
>>381976151
Speaking of which, anyone here complete Battletoads?
>>
>>381977113
When I was 8 years old.
>>
>>381977071
I thought the final boss was pretty fun. That first bit was nerve-wracking, I actually lost a fighter because the game teleported me back to the fight ring without me having picked up any weapons. So I had to try punching Coen. I had to just let the guy die and try again.
>>
>>381975874
>90% of people quit because they think it's pay-to-win.
those people are fucking retards, ten bucks worth of death metals + plain old caution and preparedness means you don't die nearly as often. the game is extremely generous with free Metals and stuff too. But it's not meant to be something you play in one or two sittings. it's a dungeon romper. they expect you to revisit previous floors to collect gear and shrooms/animals, that's why some floors have multiple exits for later visits

also the final boss is stupid easy if you just eat a bunch of shrooms and then slash him a couple times with the katana
>>
>>381977214
Yeah it's fucking stupid. The poor score comes almost entirely from people screaming about M-MUH PAYWALLS as if the game doesn't hand out death metal all the time. It's fucking free. This is a highly-polished, unique, quality game even if it's got some boringly repetitive bosses. I was impressed.
>>
>>381977184
>>381977214
Best part about the final boss was that fucking siiiiiiiiick music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRLUiZ6VB38
>>
>>381977071
>soon
tomorrow. Literally tomorrow. They just added a bunch of update posts and shit.
>>
>>381977292
Yeah it gave me chills. Felt epic even if it was just a clone of U-10. I loved all the bosses designs. The creativity that went into LID is astounding to me, even for a suda51 production.
>>
>>381977337
Oh fuck. I thought it was in a week or so. Thanks, anon.

Honestly it's been way too long of a wait. I beat the game on December and expected that new floors would come out every 2-3 months. New weapons and armors are not content, they are just another thing to farm for hours that eventually will get a power creep.
>>
>>381977597
I feel the game has diminished in popularity severely, which is unfortunate. The general for it died really abruptly and I don't see much discussion for it.
>>
>>381977698
That's what happens when you let a game like this stagnate without significant updates
>>
>>381977597
>>381977698
>>381977816
Japanese activity still seems more constant then westeners ever had been

the rate of fights Tokyo gets just moons over california's hey day
hell their wiki just makes our shit look amateur
>>
File: GODHAND-.jpg (125KB, 300x425px) Image search: [Google]
GODHAND-.jpg
125KB, 300x425px
>>381976110
Not OP but personally I think difficulty is easier to pull off in a 2D environment as opposed to a 3D one because in a 3D world there are more variables to take into consideration whereas a 2D game is by it's nature very limited.

People love to shit on the Soulsgames but whenever someone asks the question "name an ARPG more difficult than Souls games" no one can provide an answer. Ninja Gaiden Black is often brought up but hack and slash games are not ARPGS either so their difficulty can only be compared to other games like DMC or GOW.

I'm not sure if Let it Die is more difficult that Souls games and also I wonder where Nier Automata and FFXV fall on the difficulty scale.

The problem with gauging difficulty in modern games is that if there's a leveling system to boost the characters stats, the player can potentially level up too much and so the difficulty can be insumountable or piss easy depending on how much that person is willing to grind.

Something like Godhand is totally unique since I can't really think of another game that's even remotely similar to it in all of its key aspects. I'll say that the most difficult (3D) games i've played are as follows: Godhand, Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge, Soulsborne (chalice dungeon bosses [I didn't overlevel and fought Laurence on NG+ on and off for like a year, must have died at least 200+ times trying to solo him at a lower level], PvP) etc..

Pong, Ghosts and Goblins, Ms.Pac man, Gallaga etc. are old school 2D difficult.
In the end what may prove difficult for some may be easy for others and vice-versa. Finding an all-encompassing response may be impossible.
>>
>>381977597
>>381977698
>>381977816
They spent the last 6 months trying to fix the actually broken shit that people were complaining about making the game a chore to continue playing, like losing all of your fighters every night if you log off with more than 1000 splithium/kc.

So the new TDM, totally revamped, is supposed to be launching relatively soon, same with more floors. Supposed to be another 10 floors every ~2 months or so since they're not making new NPCs, all enemies in the new floors are haters.
>>
>>381978171
Did they fix the issue with upgraded weapons losing durability at a rapid rate? That made me lose a lot of interest post-game.
>>
>>381978323
Depends on what you mean, the bug where 5* lost durability extremely quick has been fixed yes, it now lasts a significantly longer time than 4* stuff. Some stuff still loses durability really fast because of the nature of it though, static massager in particular.
>>
>>381978168
I would say LID is more difficult than Souls games but in a weird way. Success in LID greatly depends on upgrading your weapons and armor, which takes a shitton of grinding. Extremely difficult bosses can be made trivial with shroom grinding. I would say it's a mixture of skill as well as willingness to be patient and grind, where Dark Souls is not grindy at all and relies more on pure skill; you can make any weapon/armor work. I say LID is only more difficult solely because certain bosses/areas are completely impossible without the correct equipment whereas there are numerous 100% naked with just 1 or 2 weapons Souls runs.
>>
>>381976110
Played this series on one of the PSP capcom classic collections, I legitimately have no idea how the fuck they expected kids to be able to beat these. it goes beyond just brutal and into actively fighting against the player, even forcing you to do the entire thing again in reverse to get the real end

any kids that managed to beat a GNG game back then, you have my respect
>>
>>381978409
Yes that's what I meant. I was getting tired of my Hellfire Iron only being able to hit maybe 10 times before breaking and having two wait so fucking long to be able to buy a new one.
>>
>>381978548
also LID feels extremely unfair sometimes where souls does not. for all the MOST HARDEST GAME EVER shit dark souls/bloodborne gets it's a fair game and you usually only die from your own fuckup or impatience or failing to understand something. whereas in LID it just seems to actively want to make you stop playing out of rage while giving you a middle finger and daring you to try again.
>>
Kingdom Hearts 2 on Critical level 1
>>
>>381978168
>Not OP but personally I think difficulty is easier to pull off in a 2D environment as opposed to a 3D one because in a 3D world there are more variables to take into consideration whereas a 2D game is by it's nature very limited.
You can see this clearly with (for example) Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories on GBA (2D sprites and dpad-- had to double tap left or right to dodge roll) vs Re:CoM which has full 3D movement.

the original game had some really brutal bosses with attacks that are hard to dodge due to the tiny GBA screenspace sora has to move around in

in 3D pretty much all bosses are trivialized by dodge roll
>>
>>381977075
Are there games that nobody has beaten legitimately?
>>
>>381977075
>but there's never been an instance where I questioned my own ability to eventually win. I've never had to summon willpower from inside to gather the strength to continue.

Cave story final level did that for me

I'm probably shit, but it still made me so happy when I beat it got damn
>>
>>381977698
didn't they already crack 3m downloads? that is pretty good imo, lots of people to jump back in when major content drops like this

the bigger issue, even if we're just going by trophy acquisition rates, is that nobody is actually going to get to play the higher floors because they can't even beat the main story bosses.
>>
>>381979340
Yeah they did. There was a huge rush of hardcore players and normies alike because it was free. I think the casual dropoff was massive, but the game is pretty big in Japan still.
>>
>>381979340
What is the exact percentage of people who beat the final boss? Would you compare that to all downloads? It's not reasonable to think all 3mil people even played the game longer than 5 min, so how can you tell exactly how many people have a trophy for the final boss? I imagine it's a small number.
>>
>>381978747
>>381978548
funny enough, that on certain days of the rotations, they made it incredibly easy to just money grind all the parts you need hourly these days
>>
>>381978747
the way my friend put it, there is a "hump" in the midgame where you just have to sit down and take a few hours to 'get your shit together' moving towards the lategame.

meaning you have to roam the lower floors training up 3 or 4 more Fighters up to lv100, collecting blueprints and storing mushrooms and animals.

then you move up past 30
>>
File: newfloors5.jpg (722KB, 1904x1071px) Image search: [Google]
newfloors5.jpg
722KB, 1904x1071px
>>381979695
with the japanese count, I'd say about atleast 100+k people capable to doing the new floors

I'd also take note that there are no screamers in the new floors, only hater/hunters
>>
>>381979695
you can tell how many have it by looking up the %.Which is 0.1 or less, like most of the other trophies.
>>
>>381979125
Silver Surfer for the NES due to a bug which rendered the game unwinnable.
>>
>>381979695
On my PS4, it says the final boss cheevo is 0.4%.
>>
>>381979884
i agree with this. it was a combo of sending out expeditions and hoping for certain shrooms, and actual grinding. the game is quite easy up til about floor 22 i think it was, then there's a very noticeable difficulty spike.

>>381979993
so just 0.1 percent of 3million?
>>
>>381979993
I dunno, the current number Im seeings is .4%
>>
>>381980026
what
you can beat galactus easy.
>>
>>381975213
i uhh
i beat catmario without dying in middleschool once
if that counts
>>
File: LID.jpg (71KB, 582x437px) Image search: [Google]
LID.jpg
71KB, 582x437px
>>381979125
When it comes to this realm of thinking the only routes are Player Vs. Player action really. That anon is right games are designed to be beaten, as far as I know that Deep Blue Supercomputer beat the best Chess players in the world eventually, however only GO has remained out of the reach of victory for Artificial Intelligence since it still has too many variables but it's only a matter of time until players of GO also get consistently beaten by A.I.

As for legit videogames, I'll give Let It Die a shot since I beat Godhand and it felt good, on to my next conquest.
>>
>>381980134
LID definitely feels good to beat if you like those types of games.
>>
>>381979982
>>381980064
wow Im wrong but, thats about the population of the tokyo faction
>>
>>381980073
oh, you're right, it's 0.4, I was looking at the capture fighters trophy.
>>381980072
0.4%, and the 3m is just the japanese downloads. We don't know how many westerners downloaded it.
>>
File: sage-colors[1].png (42KB, 740x425px) Image search: [Google]
sage-colors[1].png
42KB, 740x425px
Somewhere around 100-200 hours to beat it the first time. Probably another 50-100 to do ultra ending.
>>
>>381980082
You really must be thinking of a different game.
>>
>>381980298
I'm not. What's unwinnable about it? It's retardedly difficult due to poor design choices in the color palette, but by no means unwinnable.
>>
File: giga.jpg (343KB, 1785x1027px) Image search: [Google]
giga.jpg
343KB, 1785x1027px
Dustforce
SS'ing Giga Difficult is the hardest thing I've ever accomplished in a video game
>>
>>381980134
Anon you missed Google's GO AI utterly destroying some of China's champions recently. /g/ had a nice thread on it.
>>
File: 1390702616585.jpg (14KB, 450x400px) Image search: [Google]
1390702616585.jpg
14KB, 450x400px
>>381980357
It's too hard!
>>
File: Mike.png (73KB, 472x235px) Image search: [Google]
Mike.png
73KB, 472x235px
Without stunlocking like a pussy.
>>
>>381980134
Hot Irons are your best friends

Eating a couple timeslow shrooms + one of each other shroom is overkill easy to defeat all the bosses.

Read up on the meta to save yourself a lot of time and make the game work for you.

hold things over fire to cook them. it's pretty much always good to cook things for enhanced effects. (only mentioning this because a shitload of people think they have to throw the food AT fires for some reason)

Send out all your fighters on expeditions each time you're logging off. It's just a bunch of free stuff for you when you get back, so it's always worth it.

The reward box is a good place to keep gold where raiders can't steal it. as well as holding items if you don't have room in your normal storage box.
>>
>>381980205
Actually that 3m is worldwide downloads.
>>
File: Animatrix.jpg (95KB, 1152x685px) Image search: [Google]
Animatrix.jpg
95KB, 1152x685px
>>381980621
Oh really, yeah seems about right, I mean it's almost 2020.. it's about time. Seems on pace, reminds me of those predictions that claim that by 2050 a $1000 computer will technically be more powerful that everyhuman brain on earth combined. Animatrix soon
>>
>>381980678
man LISA's difficulty starts fairly strong and then becomes a joke as soon as you get birdie and jack to breeze through everything with spit+fire
>>
>>381980963
all the facebook posts for the events for 1-2-3m downloads just said "3m downloads in japan!".
>>
>>381981191
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6qmiiMzfiw

Try being impressive.
>>
mega man 2 on difficult I guess
>>
>>381976494
Good lord I couldn't even finished La-Mulana normally. You are something beyond human.
>>
>>381981390
it's worldwide

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/268151/let-it-die-tops-3-million-download-worldwide/
>>
File: 234887962384923.png (181KB, 291x268px) Image search: [Google]
234887962384923.png
181KB, 291x268px
>>381975213
This game's not even difficult, it's either fucking tedious or bullshit due to it's RPG numbers system deliberately fucking you to force you to buy DMs to keep playing
It doesn't help that the combat is so sluggish due to Grasshopper being a shit dev
>>
>>381978168
>but whenever someone asks the question "name an ARPG more difficult than Souls games"
The same fucking company who made the Souls games have made more difficult games. You can literally die on your first step in King's Field IV.
>>
>>381981705
If you think LID is pay to win you're literally just bad at it.
>>
File: IMG_0751.jpg (211KB, 800x1131px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0751.jpg
211KB, 800x1131px
This game as the Soviet Union.
>>
xcom2 lw hardest mode

i dont feel accomplishment in my actions
>>
File: scrubfagsBTFO.png (759KB, 1282x719px) Image search: [Google]
scrubfagsBTFO.png
759KB, 1282x719px
>>381981705
>dms
>helping

you're better off grinding for better gear then relying on DMs to save your ass
>>
>>381981763
Yeah it's the same with Shadow Tower, but both of those games are not 3rd person perspective so they're not quite the same genre.
>>
>>381981782

Soviets are easy. Try Poland.
>>
File: DDSGbLmXUAYVTjI.jpg (116KB, 1056x528px) Image search: [Google]
DDSGbLmXUAYVTjI.jpg
116KB, 1056x528px
one random thing they're doing after the big update, you get one free revive a day
>>
>>381982103
only for two weeks.
>>
>>381975213
Did they fix the quests?
>>
>>381982075
>soviets are easy
I found them way harder than Poland because of the sheer amount of shit you had to manage, it was so fucking big
You needed 2 people playing as the soviets to make it easy
>>
>>381982156
we'll see if Im ready

White steel gear is probably NOT as necessary as we think it is, not to mention we can take 5 things out for a dm with the new npc
>>381982243
yes
>>
File: 30662112461_c72a949490_o.jpg (621KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
30662112461_c72a949490_o.jpg
621KB, 1920x1080px
>>381975213
I don't like when something restrict me from exploring, be it timer or JACKALS. Dropped game immediately after meeting them.
>>
>>381982289
I'd imagine you can just head up to the 42nd floor with the elevator, and carry just what you need, no reason to spend a DM on it.
>>
>>381982019
ARPG isn't defined solely on perspective but even so there are third person games like Gothic 1 and 2 which are so brutal when it comes to character progression that most players give up a few hours into it. I love Souls but if people seriously can't list an ARPG harder than them then they haven't played that many.
>>
>>381982342
>timer
>jackals

Leaving one enemy alive guarantees Jackals don't spawn. Just leave a shitty Tuber and explore as you wish.
>>
File: 1.jpg (643KB, 1904x1071px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
643KB, 1904x1071px
>>381982357
nope, you get an unexplored area instead that is unlocked if you've beaten 4th major boss
>>
File: christopherrobin.gif (51KB, 300x688px) Image search: [Google]
christopherrobin.gif
51KB, 300x688px
Hi /v/!
>>
>>381982342
The jackals aren't even that hard and you would have to be braindead to be stuck on any floor long enough to encounter them unless you sat and waited for them on purpose.

also getting the jackal katana sword is immensely satisfying
>>
>>381982414
You still haven't named an ARPG that's similar to the Souls games in style/difficulty

Closest thus far is Let It Die, Nioh is very close but too easy, Y's doesn't count either it's too different
>>
>>381982618
too bad jackal gear is only good for bragging rights
>>
File: 1472418176645.jpg (17KB, 363x363px) Image search: [Google]
1472418176645.jpg
17KB, 363x363px
>>381975213
Played through The Plutonia Experiment on Ultra-Violence, Alien: Isolation on hard, MGS2 on hard, played through MGS3 without killing anyone and shooting all the frog things in the same playthrough, Civ V on deity multiple times, and I can beat the first two bosses of shadow of the colossus in & minutes and 12 seconds; yes, not time trial, the regular game. No glitches either

I'm drunk
>>
>>381982696
Because there aren't any games similar to Souls unless you count those two shitty knockoffs by the Lords of the Fallen guys. I'm just listing ARPGs in general but if you want the closest game to Souls that is arguably just as hard then go play Severance Blade of Darkness.
>>
>>381982776
Yeah, but it's still cool to have
>>
>>381982618
actually jackal spawn time is completely random. i have had them appear 1 minute after killing the final enemy. it's not common, but it is is possible.
>>
>>381982843
I'll add Gothic 1&2 and Severance Blade of Darkness to my backlog, thanks anon, I'm always loking for quality vidya I haven't played
>>
>>381982916
its also dependant on the size of the current area
>>
>>381983114
Hope you like them just keep in mind that Gothic has some pretty clunky combat and doesn't hold off on tearing you a new asshole but if you stick with it you'll be rewarded with some of the most rewarding character progression and world building in video games.
>>
>>381982289
>5 things out from new NPC

Elaborate.
>>
File: 0014.png (45KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
0014.png
45KB, 320x240px
This fucking game.
>>
File: newfloors3.jpg (708KB, 1904x1071px) Image search: [Google]
newfloors3.jpg
708KB, 1904x1071px
>>381983754
hes a trashcan
>>
>>381975874
I quit it, but it's because it's clunky as shit.
>>
>>381983787
What does he give you? Mats?

When's the update? Cause I might comeback If they make the grind less bad.
>>
>>381983840
he allows you to store crap in your storage for free and also allows you to take out 5 items for one DM

also on certain days the wandering merchant will sell the 1-20 mats and 21-40 mats too that has a 100% appearance in those specified areas restocking an hour after you've bought the stuff
>>
oh a let it die thread.

I havent played since i killed the 3 jackels way back when, anyone want to catch me up on the game lately? I know there is a new boss and 10 new floors coming, im more wondering about super optimized red/black metal farms and what weapons/armors ended up being worth grinding.
>>
>>381984002
see
>>381983985

also a few gear has a new 4th form that makes them pretty good now

like dragon buster +4 going from 800 damage to 2k in one jump of its new tier
>>
File: asfagh.jpg (2MB, 1577x2184px) Image search: [Google]
asfagh.jpg
2MB, 1577x2184px
>>
>>381984076
How badly did they nerf shrooms? I don't wanna grind White Steel since the 2nd forceman is probably going to have better drops anyway. He comes with the new floors right?
>>
>>381975213
>Let it Die
>difficult
Yeah ok friend
>>
>>381984316
made a lot of the good ones a lot rarer by making a bunch of nerfed versions of them appear in their place

finding a repair shroom is now as rare as getting a 4 star decal
>>
>>381984076
>2k
jesus christ.
how bad are the grinding requirements? i remember jackle gear being so stupidly grindy I just stopped playing.

>>381984283
oh shit machete gets a new form. best weapon in the game. guess ill focus on working up my machete to max.

>>381984420
that's kinda bullshit, it kind of fucks new players who didnt get a chance to abuse them and get lots of gear unlocked
>>
>>381984420
Damn. Shame that the general on/vg/ is dead cause that was fun and helpful
>>
>>381984656
>how bad are the grinding requirements?
easier then the third forms oddly, just some weirder requirements like needing a skill shroom, and mostly silver
>>
>>381984780
this, I checked for it when I heard about the new floors, but it's gone. also the English wiki sucks cock.
>>
so this is a let it die thread now I guess

>>381984880
just use the jap wiki with google translate, it has everything from each stage's armor/damage values to mats required and it has pictures if the google translate japspeak is too hard to decipher
>>
>>381984856
I'm glad to hear that, grinding red metals was so shitty back when I was playing.
>>
for easier 3 stars
>>
File: DDUAENDUMAEEV9X.jpg (140KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
DDUAENDUMAEEV9X.jpg
140KB, 1200x675px
>>381985064
on top of that, you get A durability at +2 now
>>
>>381975213
DMC3 DMD is probably the hardest thing I beat. I got stuck on the stupid ass Arkham fight for ages and nearly dropped the damn thing but eventually beat him and took down Vergil in like 7 tries.
Satisfying as hell. Fuck Arkham, though.
>>
>>381985068
as someone with over 600 inventory stash slots, if this new expansion lets me get enough tier 5 materials to max out a bunch of weapons/gear then this seems like a good death metal dump
>>
>>381985517
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DvNDTmy_4P72C1ly4xMYItO6gb17EtdI3XuHFzAcX4Y/edit?usp=sharing6gb17EtdI3XuHFzAcX4Y/

oh look, the google doc that now tells you what special thing is happening at the tip

right now its just some money for noobs though, but its also yatsuyo -> wakaba day
>>
>>381985068
>Those fucking JewStews
I'm triggered, blew so much money on those and got nothing but shit.
>>
>>381985269
I remember hating durability in this game, always carrying like 8 pork choppers with me was annoying when i was trying to collect mats.

did they fix raids or do you still have to spend everything before logging out?

>>381985663
thats pretty handy
>>
File: TX_PS4_PRbanner_v0042-1.png (958KB, 1056x528px) Image search: [Google]
TX_PS4_PRbanner_v0042-1.png
958KB, 1056x528px
not really fix them, but it made people SHIT SCARED of raiding higher tier japs who have the decal to COMPLETELY NEGATE groggy/confuse on their white steel defenders
>>
File: tdmimprovements.jpg (1MB, 1500x4993px) Image search: [Google]
tdmimprovements.jpg
1MB, 1500x4993px
>>381985887
if you just put 1 or 2 defenders with some t4 shit most people will back off unless you're storing like 150k+ and all lower level players will get destroyed pretty fast

heres a list of TDM issues they know players have, such as the same guy invading over and over, TDM not paying jack shit, and "forced to participate". they got a big TDM patch due in a month or two so if they don't have any duct tape/bubblegum fixes with the patch on Wednesday then they'll have it by then
>>
>>381986234
I really hope they fix TDM, I never really played it anyways except for dev haters when the game first started. I do have a freezer full of T5 characters but my armor is probably outdated since new weapon tiers have been released. never really bothered putting up a defense because it seemed pointless for pretty much all the reasons listed in that image.
>>
>>381986868
tis actually better if you just farmed dev haters in early floors now for jewgolds
>>
File: Let it die tips complete.png (402KB, 1441x1109px) Image search: [Google]
Let it die tips complete.png
402KB, 1441x1109px
In the last Let it Die thread I asked how to advance best once you hit the paywall (carneval) Some kind anon shared some tips with me, thought I'd share them as well
>>
>>381987194
thanks, that new shop sounds super useful, ill abuse the fuck out of it.
>>
>>381975213
Bloodborne, Dark Souls 1-2-3? Not sure how many there really are. Love/Hate. Love the creepy factor, HATE HATE that your life is on the line cause of a 2 inch cliff you have to wiggle across. EVERY GAME.
>>
File: Godhandescapist.png (502KB, 637x368px) Image search: [Google]
Godhandescapist.png
502KB, 637x368px
>>381978168
Godhand is probably the hardest yet fairest and most enjoyable game I've ever played.

It's hard but not so unfairly hard that playing through it feels like a chore, it's rewarding enough to keep you hooked on unlike souls games were you just either directly increase stats or get different weapons and armour to increase stats, and the bosses still demolish you if you don't know when and how to dodge, yet it also somehow feels much better than DMC.

I might actually crank up my PS2 to play that shit again, if you haven't play it, it's on the top of my list of recommendations.

I don't like "challenging" games, most either force you to play by severely unfair rules either through enemies that demolish you, which isn't bad unless you have to keep on rinsing and repeating like souls games, the others are simply hard for the sake of it like Boshy, and most of the time they're massive time sinks for the amount of reward you end up getting, and you can get the sweet rush of achievement through a gazillion other games that don't require that much dedication."
>>
Haven't played since January, any tips for tomorrow's content?
>>
>>381988510
wait till it comes out, then try it.
>>
>>381975213
God Hand KMS Hard.
It was nice.
>>
>>381988510
try to get some t4 equipment if you're still using maxed out t3 stuff.

>>381984283 has the stuff that's coming with the update, but for a full list go to http://www.letitdiewiki.jp/ , hit google translate, and click on "Fourth stage releasing armor list" for armor or "Fourth stage release weapon list"

if you want to get White Steel shit, I suggest you work on the dragon buster S sword since that counter attack can murder him when specced right
>>
>nothing but haters on the new floors
wash away the haters, queen, yaaaassss
Really though I'm pretty excited, hopefully the maintenance isn't too long, and the update isn't fucking 20 gigs.
>>
>>381976110
This is difficult because it runs at like 15 FPS on the NES, play the arcade version
>>
>>381989512
>the update isn't fucking 20 gigs.
Every goddamn time.
>>
can you listen to the soundtrack in-game while playing through floors yet?
>>
>>381990214
the last ones have been going to 1gig

most of those big patches where optimization issues
>>
>>381989512
>nothing but haters on the new floors

How will they balance this shit? Fucking Haters with White Steel stuff are unkillable.
>>
File: 1460347965173.jpg (93KB, 1179x883px) Image search: [Google]
1460347965173.jpg
93KB, 1179x883px
>>381992692
>Tfw you run into tryhard haters with Irons and electric Rapers nonstop on the 30+ floors
Fucking assholes
>>
>>381992692
>>381992769

not all of them will be hunter haters

and the AI of any hater in the tower will not use any skills like the full rapier combo
>>
File: Motor Psycho.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Motor Psycho.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>381993409
That's good, Hunters can really fuck you up. I had a Hunter use the Motor-Psycho special on me once, scared the shit out of me.
>>
File: 1498227353574s.jpg (8KB, 250x233px) Image search: [Google]
1498227353574s.jpg
8KB, 250x233px
>>381992769
>Fun Fungus and Guardshroom are rare as fuck right now
>tfw the game was unplayable in december 2016 because expeditions bugged out and you could only use 1 fighter
>tfw could have had millions of Fun Fungus and Guardshroom

Mad as fuck right now and why the fuck did they nerf expeditions so hard?
>>
File: Maze Game.webm (3MB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
Maze Game.webm
3MB, 500x300px
>>381993623
Also I hate this maze, I always get lost.

>>381994121
Glad I beat the final boss before they fixed the infinite-shrooms exploit in TDM practice.
>>
>>381994269
you might have trouble with the new floors considering they may be balanced around the new tier of weapons
>>
>>381994269
>infinite-shrooms exploit in TDM practice.

whut explain
>>
>>381994446
Back when the game first released you could eat shrooms while doing your base defense practice. Your shrooms returned to your inventory after it was done but the effects stayed. You could eat 100+ Guardshrooms and be invincible for hours.
>>
>>381994601
oh shit.
>>
>>381994723
yeah you cant do that anymore
>>
Probably either Castlevania 3 or Streets of Rage 2 on Mania.
>>
>>381975213
MOM mode in Guilty Gear AC+
Some of the bosses are bullshit, like Gold Slayer, Gold Sol, and fucking Johnny one shots you with a fucking Mistfiner.
>>
>>381975213
I read the guide frequently and still got my ass kicked countless times. Not very accomplished I suppose, but it's still my favorite game.
Thread posts: 162
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.