[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So is there any real way to play this game or is it just a RNG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

File: 1257406.jpg (397KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1257406.jpg
397KB, 1920x1080px
So is there any real way to play this game or is it just a RNG simulator.

>Go into Ruins to kill Necro
>Collector spawns right outside
>Endless crits, healing, guard
>Collect Call
>Finally beat him
>Team is damaged and stressed
>Either retreat to save your guys and barely get any loot or die at the boss.
>>
File: 212680_20160830025535_1.png (746KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
212680_20160830025535_1.png
746KB, 1280x720px
>>381968854
nah it's a shit game, literally everything is a dice roll.
play a real roguelikelike, like pic related
>>
>>381968854
Make better decisions.
>>
>beat Collector
>shit loot
Spotted the liar
>>
It's a pretty slot machine.
>>
Use stuns like nature intended?
>>
>>381968854
You can beat the RNG by having 3 or 4 full teams so you can heal the stressed one easily. When you get to that point you have to be very unlucky to truly fuck up your game. Granted, it's a hard grind, but if you enjoy the game it isn't that much of a problem.
>>
>>381968854
So you got to fight the rare spawn mini-boss and you're now bitching about it? So you had to retreat, who gives a fuck? You just won out, Collector always drops good money and had a decent chance to drop one of the head trinkets.

>B-B-B-B-BUT RNNGGGG
What the fuck is with you shitty ass casuals parroting the same shit? The game only asks of you to learn how to prepare yourself and practice proper management of your units and inventory, there's very little to be blamed on actual RNG.

Man the fuck up and actually learn the game, and be willing to learn when take risks and when to play much safer than you should, that's what the game is all about.
>>
>got the Collector at the start of the run where his party was at full health and had all of his supplies
>still shit enough to have to abandon right after
Good shit
>>
>>381973753
>HURRRR RNG is suppossed to be shit git gud
You're retarded. Do I fucking look like Bruce Wayne gearing my teams around bullshit mechanics instead of engaging combat not intended to fuck me over if I don't have a specific setup?
>>
>>381974384
There is very little RNG in DD. Collector spawns, and hunger checks are about the only out the ordinary RNG element, because everything else is pretty standard for RPGs, and the game gives you a means of mitigating or flat out negating every single one of them except perhaps chance to be Diseased.

And the Collector is generally able to be taken care of by a pretty damn large amount of party comps, he isn't very hard, and he has no unusual mechanics. He just spawns adds, and if you know which adds you should focus down and which you can ignore in favor of just rushing The Collector, it's not very difficult at all.

Again, everybody parrots this "RNG!!!!" bullshit, and nobody will sit down and take the time to understand it's not RNG fucking them over, it's just a lack of game knowledge and how to approach the game.
>>
>>381974384
Great job admitting you're just shit. Plan, literally just plan each expedition, it isn't that hard. Learn how different heroes and their moves work together and change their moveset for whatever party you're bringing along. I bought this game last week when it first went on sale, amd it hasn't taken me long to get used to how it all works.
>>
>>381968854
Collector only shows up if your inventory is overly stuffed. Make better decisions or join the rest of the retards that called dark souls "artificially difficult" because they refuse to pay attention.
>>
>>381975323
>there's very little RNG
>not accounting for all the RNG elements in a standard RPG
>and all those extra mechanics you can try to mitigrate
>but you can't defend against everything either
>without a guide you have to rely on trial-and-error tactics like in older games
>with the added difficulty of having ten times more game mechanics
>>
There's a whole management metagame that you have to learn if you want to do things properly, which is why I dropped the game.

I just wanted a depressing turn based dungeon crawler.
>>
>>381975683
>game has bad gameplay
>"HUEHUEHUEHUE just use tactics to circumvent the bad gameplay stop complaining about it"
>>
>>381975323
The RNG can still fuck you over and there is nothing you can do about it. Unless you're on stygian, it's not going to be a problem, however.
>>
>>381976104
>Game is designed to challenge you and put forth more effort than what's considered the norm for most modern games
>This leads to people believing it's a poorly designed game with "bad gameplay" and it couldn't possibly be that they're fucking terrible or just want something they can coast through without putting much thought into it

Those who once complained of the casualization the industry have begun to face find themselves unwittingly casualized and this is the result, ebin simply ebin.
>>
File: tattsbt.png (362KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
tattsbt.png
362KB, 700x700px
>>381968854
i like how you greentext such an amazing story, but you rip the first screenshot you find off google.

fuck off outta' here and actually play the game, jagoff.
>>
>Game has crits
>Game has status effects
>Game has miss chances
>Somehow it's the worst designed game ever when every other RPG does the same fucking thing, just with less punishment
Does anyone who bitches about this game actually play it?
>>
>>381977258
Exactly. Everyone is just parroting the same shit everyone before them had been. It's essentially a meme at this point, except it's one that directly induces misconceptions about a game.
>>
>>381977483
Plus, you don't ever get a game over from it. The game never ends because of RNG, you lose progress, you lose heroes, but that's the entire point of the game, to show you that these people are expendable. Your STARTING roster is 12 heroes, and it only gets larger, because it has to get larger to support the expeditions you'll be going on.
>>
>>381973753
>What the fuck is with you shitty ass casuals parroting the same shit? The game only asks of you to learn how to prepare yourself and practice proper management of your units and inventory, there's very little to be blamed on actual RNG

Nah fuck off, I hate people like you who refuse to admit the game is based on pure rng luck, dont come with this bullshit about preparation, I created the best teams for each area and boss, with the perfect quirks and equipment, every little thing was perfect, and yet 80% of the time it was all about the rng god deciding if I would win or die.

The game should reward preparation and punish carelessness, and yet sometimes I would destroy bosses with a fucking thrown away team that I only use to farm gold, those guys did not even have trinkets and all quirks were useless, like a leper with undead slayer fighting a eldritch boss, and yet they would go on to kill the boss without anyone dying, on the other hand my best teams at max level with only good trinkets and perfect quirks for the boss would get raped to death in a matter of seconds.

Thats what I hate most about darkest dungeon, it never fully rewards preparation and patience, the result will always be in the hands of rng god, everything you do is just to mitigate how hard the game will fuck you over.

Now go on ahead and call me a casual, I dont care, I see no reason to invest more time in darkest dungeon if the game is just going to laugh at my hard work.
>>
>Its a scrub blames rng to justify not giting gud episode

Atleast pretend you're not casuals holy shit learn how to play the game you fucking queers
>>
People complaining about crits and RNG in DD are fucking scrubs. Enjoy the fact getting crit does not lower your crit resistance and does not force you to roll a stun check in DD and does not open the door for even more consecutive crits with an increased probability.
>>
>>381978532
>game is based on pure rng luck
Not him, but you are retarded. The game is based on the player using risk management skills to succeed and if you make shit decisions you have nobody but your retarded self to blame. Get fucking good, shitter.
>>
>>381980029

What game?
>>
>>381980562
Mordheim. People complaining about RNG in DD and XCOM haven't seen shit yet.
>>
If you do know what you're doing you can easily breeze through the game and turn the RNG in your favour. You have to be prepared that the game might fuck you up once in a while, for example by spawning a collector in a really shitty moment or creating a crappy dungeon layout, but in general most of the risks can be easily mitigated if you understand how shit works.
>>
File: 1483278462457.png (393KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
1483278462457.png
393KB, 700x394px
>game goes on sale
>multiple threads up bitching about not knowing how to play
it feels good
>>
File: 1444772535869.jpg (182KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1444772535869.jpg
182KB, 1024x1024px
>>381980760
>haha woooow you complain about busted mechanics?
>I play an even shittier, broken game!
>>
>>381980760

I didn't like it. Didn't mind the RNG but the pace of the game felt way too slow.
>>
>>381968854
Depends on how you play

If you don't want to invest so much time learning the different areas, experimenting with team comps and prepping for every campaign then it is indeed an RNG simulator as the only way you're gonna win is thru RNG
>>
>>381968854
the first few runs you will die (without use of a guide) Some boss fights are simply trial and error and will fuck you up without the correct setup or kill order.

That said, the new dlc in my opinion makes the game EASIER with the new trinkets / town building. Just don't run into the courtyard too early. Just be aware that units and parties can and will be lost, and be conservative with your resources.

Although I think its an amazing game, I struggle to go back to it myself, I compare it to say, xcom, which I can go back to time and time again.
>>
>>381980268

Right, the game is a perfect masterpiece with flawless gameplay and the player is always at fault, keep on sucking the devs dick friend, and i will play games who actually reward effort and preparation, we both get to win, goodbye.
>>
>>381981328
Go ahead, find your next game to bitch and moan about how its its fault for why you suck.
>>
File: 124513625418368.jpg (38KB, 534x486px) Image search: [Google]
124513625418368.jpg
38KB, 534x486px
>>381980974
There is no such thing as "broken" RNG: there's either RNG or there isn't. Of course, you can argue about whether the game's RNG conforms to one probability distribution or another and argue about whether the distribution variance that is subjectively perceived by the player is either too small or too large, but none of this constitutes a "broken RNG" system.

If you can't deal with the RNG, you just have shit risk management skills, no exceptions. If your plan to succeed relies on that one action with a probability of success lower than 95%, it's a shit plan and you need to git gud.
>>
>>381978532
>I hate people like you who refuse to admit the game is based on pure rng luck

Because it fucking isn't.
>>
>>381981328
>the player is always at fault
He literally is.
>>
>>381968976
>drok
>brock
>prock
>declan
lel
>>
>>381968976
>level 8 shields
>level 5 engine
Always and always. Idiots.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.