[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Why put it out in March? >We believe in putting systems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 10

File: nintendo_switch_screen.jpg (40KB, 1200x760px) Image search: [Google]
nintendo_switch_screen.jpg
40KB, 1200x760px
>Why put it out in March?

>We believe in putting systems out when they're ready
No games other than ports
Bare bones eshop. No virtual console
Can't turn system on or off with pro control
No apps or web browser
>Strong third party support
Nothing but old games and watered down versions of games

I know Reggie couldn't say the truth

>We couldn't release it during the ideal holidays because core development wasn't finished. So we rushed it out in March so investors would leave us alone about the dead Wii U

In a perfect world this console would have launched in November of this year with the Tegra two chip. Odyssey and Botw and Arms launch titles
>>
virgins would have burned reggie's house down if BOTW had been delayed again
>>
dont you get tired of complaining about a console you don't own anon
>>
Are you talking about fully shutting down the system or sleep mode? You can turn the system on from sleep mode by holding the home button with the pro controller. Haven't tried to do a full shut down though. Don't really see the need to from the pro controller anyway.
>>
>>381959863
>don't see the need to be able to turn console off with the controller. A basic feature in every console for over a decade

Nintendo apologists everyone
>>
>>381958690
>muh holiday launch
Absolutely retarded. First shipment is always going to sell out due rabid early adopters, and the Switch's did. If they put it out in Q4 there would be none left for the holiday shoppers. Just drones & scalpers. If you release it any other time it gets to sell out both the initial shipment and the holiday shipment.
>>
>>381960383
What reason is there to turn off the console instead of putting it in sleep mode?
>>
>>381958690
BotW isn't a port. It was a cross-platform development. The end result is more of a switch game than a Wii U game even if they didn't truly optimize to take advantage of the new platform. The Wii U is left running a version of the Switch game with a lower resolution and average frame rate that becomes quite choppy in many areas. Despite that misleading digital foundry screenshot from a video stream showing a moment where the Switch launch version was in the 20s while the Wii U was at 30, even with framerate drops the Switch still had the better framerate. This was fixed in a later patch but the Wii U version remains as choppy as ever.
>>
File: 1485009585655.gif (495KB, 215x168px) Image search: [Google]
1485009585655.gif
495KB, 215x168px
Shareholders pressured Nintendo into releasing the Switch ASAP.
>>
File: 1498531624725.jpg (91KB, 1080x910px) Image search: [Google]
1498531624725.jpg
91KB, 1080x910px
Because I fucking needed the console already
>>
>>381958690

It was released in March because it was the beginning of their fiscal year. Goddamn, this is not fucking rocket science.
>>
>>381962482
No it was the end of the year, but this.
>>
>>381958690
>So we rushed it out in March so investors would leave us alone about the dead Wii U

This is literally why. wiiu was a trash fire and they needed something else to work on, because any effort spent on the wii u would be a waste.
>>
It's already selling as quickly as it's being put on store shelves. I don't think the release month is giving them any trouble.
>>
Businesses don't give a shit about it's customers. It cares about it's stock holders. Switch coming out in March was more about the stock numbers than what customers want or what would be best for them.
>>
>No apps or web browser

That's a good thing, you Netflix watching normal faggot. I don't want tiles wasted on fucking apps advertising.
>>
I kind of think Nintendo doesn't want Netflix and normie apps on the Switch. It's a game console, not a tablet. If you start adding all of that it'll look more like a multimedia device/ipad.
>>
>>381963034
It already looks exactly like every other tablet except it has to Wii remotes on the side
>>
>>381958690

Console is literally 4/10 now that they announced SNES classic. It's clear they have no intention of putting VC on it at all, nevermind one that shares titles.
>>
>>381959513
Anyone who saw the e3 2016 demo would have assumed there was still at least another year of development awaiting it and that the demo looked like early beta.

I was wholly surprised that they launched it basically in the same state as the demo, well ahead of any extra time that could have gone into polishing or positively redesigning the experience.

nintendo is garbage.
>>
>Can't turn system on or off with pro control

But.. that's wrong..
>>
>>381960991
Someone answer this because I'm wondering the same thing

I just got a switch and I see no reason to fully power it off when it's not drawing really ANY power in sleep mode
>>
Because people would buy it. Even in the dead zone of March people ate shit and like it. Shortages everywhere. If they released it in Novemember and didn't meet demand there would be lots of blowback. Why not release it on Black Friday because Grandma is getting run over buying it for his boy.
>>
>>381961019
Nintendo released a patch for the switch shortly after release that added another performance ceiling mode, virtually adding 15% to the pipeline allowing for a universal performance boost if a game was patched to utilize it. before this patch, the switch was literally worse performance than a wii u, and with the patch they can push the console to just barely surpass the wii u by a hair.

This isnt "botw was made for switch". its a shitty port that required a system-level patch to improve the experience. For what its worth, the switch was already maxed out by its launch games. The piece of shit has no future.
>>
>>381962853
>the lack of features is a good thing
I bet you still use an MP3 player for music, a polaroid for taking photos, a pager for messages and so on
If Switch had good software, it could've been a good 7 inch tablet with core games, easily biting off even a bigger slice of the market.
>>
File: 1497123235600.png (153KB, 308x294px) Image search: [Google]
1497123235600.png
153KB, 308x294px
>>381958690
you forgot the defects
>weak controller signal and disconnecting controllers
>dock scratches the screen
>warped docks
>warped switch units
>if you can even find one without a $100 markup, you may be blessed by one or multiple of these issues

>overpriced peripherals that are probably hard to find
>overpriced digital games
>saves stay on the switch's internal memory
>boring UI like every other system
>>
Why are there retards asking for shit like Netflix
I hate nu-nintendo and the shitendo but streaming is retarded
>>
I want to get one for Splatton2 and XC2. XC2 is obviously a ways away, but Splatoon comes out in like 3 weeks. Should I try to get one now or risk getting it closer to splatoon release? There's nothing else out on it that really interests me, so it would sit in a corner for a couple weeks
>>
>>381958690
Because they knew Nintendo fags would buy it no matter what.
>>
>>381958690
>No apps or web browser
Video game consoles dont need shit like that
Every other point of yours is right
The switch is a piece of shit console
and anyone that bought it should kill himself
>>
File: 34q386v.jpg (7KB, 320x185px) Image search: [Google]
34q386v.jpg
7KB, 320x185px
And theyre still selling like hot cakes
>>
File: cotd51.png (60KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
cotd51.png
60KB, 1200x900px
>>381966843
>>
>>381966843
Sure, if you put out one hot cake at a time.
>>
>>381958690
>Can't turn system on or off with pro control
is this true? if yes then they are fucking subhuman retards
>>
>>381967190
If they had more to release then there would be more sales
>>
>>381965550
>console has launch issues

Stop the presses. I bet you still post that crowbcat video unironically, too.
>>
>>381964387
Not with all of it's power desicated to games. You literally no nothing about memory allocation, all those background processes suck up a lot of fucking juice.
>>
>>381966843
and they're making them like... i don't know. things that are not being made very fast.

btfo
>>
>>381965550
>>dock scratches the screen
>>warped docks
>>warped switch units
Not real things. The Controllers will be fixed by Ninty for free, and only the first print had that issue.
>>
>>381967190
Woah... Holiday sales are higher than Q1 sales... No way....
>>
File: IMG_1126.png (155KB, 369x263px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1126.png
155KB, 369x263px
>>381958690

Your shitposting doesn't change the fact that it still sold pretty Fucking good in March

Only guranteed it's going to dominate in the fall when non-Nintendo core fans start buying it, ESPECIALY with Mario Odyssey

Also your ignoring that Switch got Plague Knight's campaign first
>>
File: 1491051292920.jpg (20KB, 243x182px) Image search: [Google]
1491051292920.jpg
20KB, 243x182px
Why is it that everybody who hates the switch appears to be functionally retarded in some capacity?

serious question.
>>
>>381967538
>>381968140
Both Wii and WiiU had way better third party support
>>
>>381968059
>source: my ass
don't even talk to me, shill.
>>
File: 1493295358629.jpg (28KB, 696x693px) Image search: [Google]
1493295358629.jpg
28KB, 696x693px
>>381968251
case in point
>>
>>381968230
The kind of person who feels the need to spend hours upon hours making endless anti-anything shitposts on /v/ is generally not very smart
not too surprising
>>
>>381968298
where's your source, bruh? Mine's fine
>>
>>381960383
You really never need to turn it off instead of putting it to sleep, if you absolutely must just fucking get up and push the button on the Switch.
>>
>>381968415
you'll find many examples on this obscure site called "google" from a variety of unbiased sources. your have no source and you reek of fake news shill hearsay.
>>
>>381963641
There is none. The only time I've needed to do it is when I'm travelling with it and picking it up anyway, or removing the SD card from the back which requires you to turn off the system first. No reason to turn it off remotely especially considering it takes up next to no power but still does background downloading.
>>
>>381968653
so you have no source lol
>>
>>381963527

botw owned, sorry about your post
>>
File: DDMCAulXsAEFDPs.jpg (286KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
DDMCAulXsAEFDPs.jpg
286KB, 1200x900px
>>381958690
>all this post
and yet is selling like cocaine
>>
>>381965550
>boring UI like every other system
You list all these valid complaints and then end on retarded shit like that
>>
Why so surprised, Sonyman? It's a basic rule of business: turn every weakness into a strength!
>>
>>381969158
I do not understand that image.
>>
>>381971931
That's a line of people waiting to receive a lottery ticket just for the chance to purchase a switch
>>
>>381958690

It's better not to play it at all than to have a smaller selection of games to play? I don't understand this logic. Some people just want to have fun with the console earlier and aren't jew enough to wait for a $50 price drop or a bundle.
>>
>>381967190
Holidays, also take a look at that asterisk down there
>>
>>381967190

>Holiday vs March
>Switch was out 2 weeks shorter during its quarter
>Shortages
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.