[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone on this board ever actually changed someone's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (85KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
85KB, 1280x720px
Has anyone on this board ever actually changed someone's mind on what their favorite game or system was?

>I like Zelda!
>Zelda is shit!
>You know, you're right.

That's literally never happened. Yet, you guys always argue as if you're going to change someone's mind.
>>
ass
>>
File: 1495547037579.jpg (121KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
1495547037579.jpg
121KB, 601x601px
Think I made a few people discouraged for mass effect Andromeda
>>
>>381951279
The problem is you can think both things at the same time.
As an example, Sonic Adventure 2 is one of my favorite games ever, but I won't deny that it's shit.
When you ask someone what their favorite game is, chances are it's their favorite for arbitrary, unquantifiable reasons that can't really be "argued", so that's why changing someone's mind on a topic like this is pretty much impossible.
>>
>>381951279
It's not about changing their minds, it's about letting them know they have shit tastes.

Seriously, though. Of course you're not going to change their mind. Nobody here actually thinks they're wrong. Part of it is more the want to have the argument. Nothing wrong with that.
>>
If you come onto this board having a favorite game or favorite console, I imagine most people, after some time on this board, stop having favorites.
>>
Maybe because people can like whatever game they want?
>>
>>381951279

how new are you / go back to >>>/r/eddit / summerfaggot / newfaggot / lurk moar / gtfo, etc. etc. etc.
>>
Told off a sonybro one time and he returned his PS3. Owned.
>>
>>381952461
I'm sure he did friend
>>
>>381951279
The point of internet arguments isn't to change the other person's mind, it's to make yourself feel secure in your superiority.
>>
>>381952002
>letting them know they have shit tastes.

what if the other person think you are a retard who is not cualified to tell him what kind of taste he has?
>>
>>381951279
It's what /v/ is based on: taking opinion as fact and defending that like it's serious business.
>>
>>381951279
"Tastes" seem like a life or death situation so you can't blame people here for being so defensive. Its been that way since the dawn of /v/.
>>
Communication is not about making another party change their opinion, it's about sharing.

It's impossible to communicate when people involved are only interested in claiming their opinion as the only correct one in the world and refuse to listen.
>>
>>381951279
4chan holds contrarianism as the highest virtue. We're not here to try to persuade other people so much as to just hold any arbitrary point and defend it tirelessly for no reason.
>>
>>381952461
>2017
>owned
G2bed grandpa
>>
>>381953630
>being this much of a catty faggot about internet slang
Kill yourself, friendo. This world is not for you.
>>
>>381951279
The point isn't to change their minds, its to make them feel bad.
>>
>>381953583
Fuck off anon that's not what I'm here for and I'm prepared to spend the next two hours responding to you to prove it
>>
>>381951279
I wouldn't say /v/ has made me "hate" things but rather I've learned about games through /v/ and loved them or avoid some games because of what /v/ has said.

The best threads are those where you know the other party has in fact played the game.
>>
>>381953932
You're a goddamn idiot. I'll try to explain this again in a way that retards can understand:

4chan is full of spergs who like arguing. If you can't get to grips with that, you're a pathetic kissless virgin who should an hero for you very painful feels good man and Mexico will pay for it never going to give you up memes memes memes memes memes
>>
>>381951279
/v/ got me to give W101 another chance and it was amazing.
>>
>>381951495
Kill yourself.
>>
File: 20170626184305_1.jpg (86KB, 712x523px) Image search: [Google]
20170626184305_1.jpg
86KB, 712x523px
>9/9/1999
>massive sony fanboy friend comes over
>we play my new dreamcast
>"Play Station still has better graphics"
>uses FF8 CGI cut scene as proof.
>>
Diablo III is my favorite game.
It's also complete ass and Blizzard charging 15 money points for a new class is bullshit, but I'm gonna buy it anyways and enjoy it because I hate myself.
>>
>>381952969
Both people in that situation think that. The question is which one of them is correct.
Protip: It's not the faggot that likes trash like zelda and nier.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.