[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is he any different from fighting pontif, vortd, dancer,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: Slave_Knight_Gael_Buffing.jpg (134KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Slave_Knight_Gael_Buffing.jpg
134KB, 1280x720px
How is he any different from fighting pontif, vortd, dancer, dragonslayer armor, twin princes or soul of cinder?

Why did Dark Souls II get shit on for having samey boss fights ("big dudes in armor") but Dark Souls III is often credited for having the best bosses in the series despite being clogged up with flashy fights that are basically just "learn when to roll their specifically timed attacks"?

Dark Souls III is all style and no substance.
>>
Because the big dudes with swords and or armor in dark souls 3 had enough design and computer at idiosyncrasies to make them cool on their own. DS 2 didn't for the most part because they didn't have enough monster bosses
>>
>>381944012
Dark Souls 2 actually had the best boss fights because most of them had a unique gimmick or mechanic.
>>
>>381944012
>Twin princes
One entity that teleports around
>Pontiff
Two entities that mirror each other
>Cinder
One entity that dramatically changes fighting styles

I'm going to stop there. It's painfully obvious that most ds3 bosses vary from one another in fundamental ways. This is not true for DS2
>>
stop shilling your review matthew
>>
Because Gael is actually fun to fight unlike 95% of Dark Souls 2's shitty gimmick bosses
>>
I'm sick of almost every boss soul making a greatsword. I want more axes and fist weapons.
>>
>>381944839
>Mirror Knight
Rain makes lightning attacks do splash damage, mirror shield reflects all spells, may also summon real payers to aid him
>Mytha
Fights in a narrow area surrounded by poison, which can be deactivated for an easier fight, or left on for a harder fight
>Dragon Knight
Fights in a narrow area that can be expanded if fully exploring his area, but the small area may cause him to be pushed over as well
>Covetous Demon
Can swallow players to eat their equipment, preventing them from being used, has pots holding undead above the arena that can be shot down to distract him.

How about you shut the fuck up.
>>
>>381944839
I understand that a boss teleporting is visually distinct from them just attacking you but how is timing a roll based on teleportation any different from timing a roll based on a tell from a boss lifting their weapon?

Likewise how is soul of cinder shooting a blue spell at you different from him shooting a yellow spell at you? How is his weirdly delayed spear attack different from his weirdly delayed sword attack?

Like i get that these are visual differences but how are they different from each other in terms of how they play?

>>381944989
Why is he fun to fight? What is fun about the fight?
>>
They're flashy and have better animations so they get a free pass.

It's pretty underwhelming game-wise. Gael has this awesome attack where he flips all over the place while exploding with fiery skulls, shooting hundreds of bolts at you, and has lightning everywhere in the back, but the whole thing can be avoided by just mashing the roll button really fast. Don't even need to time it properly.
>>
>>381944012
Shitty bait from tasteless DS2 faggot.
KYS.
>>
>it's another "matosis releases a video so we hate a new game" episode

Matt is right about the things that made demon's souls unique and the things that made the Dark Souls sequels bland, but saying dodge timing and gimmick bosses are either good or bad is totally subjective.
>>
>not fighting him with a knife
>>
>>381944012
>Dark Souls III is often credited for having the best bosses in the series

Is this a joke? Nobody believes this.
>>
Did you really just said that avoiding attacks is a dark souls 3 exclusive problem.
>>
>>381945867
99% of /v/ does
>>
>>381945127
Dragonslayer Greataxe is the only one you'll ever need so why bother?

Best weapon.
>>
>>381945738
This. I hate to come off as Mr. Enlightened Centrist, but people on both sides tend to forget all the nuance in Matt's arguments.
>>
>>381945738
People have been making similar arguments for a while now though.

I honestly think there's something pathological about Dark Souls 3 defenders. I remember during the launch week of the game you could make perfectly valid, objectively true criticisms of the game like "it's linear" or "it has poor build variety" and people just would not accept it, it's like you're personally attacking them when you point out the flaws of this 5/10 at best game.

>>381945985
In a fight like the Tower Knight you obviously have to dodge attacks but there's a lot more going on than just dodging attacks and counter attacking.
>>
>>381945867
It really does most of DeS bosses were push overs,DS1 had to many bad bosses like 4kings,Boc,reskinned Asylum Demon,DS2 was just a joke, while DS3 had the most varied and memorable boss fights.
>>
>>381945357
Music, arena, dodging, lightning, cape magic, lore, and just a balanced fight
>>
reminder that das2 was dismissed as fanfiction for referencing dark souls by the same people who often list the gwyn theme playing during the soul of cinder fight as one of the best moments in the series
>>
>>381945335
How many dark souls 2 bosses are bipedal humanoids with weapon or weapon + shield that have a small number of varied attacks?
Let's count
>Last giant
>Pursue
>Old Dragonslayer
>Dragon rider
>Lost sinner (bit of an exception because lock on distance)
>Smelter demon
>Mirror Knight (bit of an exception because of the possibility of an add. Got a single npc add 2 of the 3 times I played through the game)
>Velstadt
>Vendrick
>Fume Knight (granted he has a projectile)
>Sir alonne

Honorable mentions
>Ruin sentinels (same combat but more than 1 entity)
>Throne Bros (exception because synchronized kills required, but combat is similar to everyone else on this list.)

That's what? Over half the bosses feel the exact same? Most bosses in ds3 are unique from one another (most not all. There ARE throw aways like Dragonslayer armor or demon king)
>>
>>381945357
Teleporting removes the entity from your field of vision and he could be anywhere behind you performing a move you can't see. That's a huge mechanical difference.

For cinder he's changing move sets half way through. What that basically means is you have way more moves the learn the timing and position of (how long of a delay, juke left or right, etc)

Those bosses I mentioned we're brought up strictly for mechanical differences, though I do acknowledge that aesthetics matter.
>>
File: ludokino.jpg (2MB, 5760x3240px) Image search: [Google]
ludokino.jpg
2MB, 5760x3240px
Dark Souls 3 is to Bloodborne what Dark Souls 2 was to Dark Souls
>>
>>381947616
Is that why I can't remember half of them? Face it, the bosses in Dark Souls 3 are bland as fuck. Most of the bosses in Dark Souls 2 had something unique about them. Can't really say the same for Dark Souls 3.
>>
>>
>>381950004
quality a-team world design
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.