[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are these 2 HD remakes worth picking up? I know Silent Hill

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: DMC SH HD.png (3MB, 1998x1144px) Image search: [Google]
DMC SH HD.png
3MB, 1998x1144px
Are these 2 HD remakes worth picking up?

I know Silent Hill got butchered but I read they did some patches that fixed a lot of the bugs and its now pretty decent. I dont have a PS2 to play the original anymore.

I also read DMC got some stuff censored and removed but is over all pretty good. But not sure.

Any other HD collections/remakes worth picking up or avoiding on the PS3?
>>
>>381944007
dmc is fine. SH remaster is shit.
>>
>>381944494
Even with the patches that fixed a lot of stuff?

What is still shit about it?

I dont want to buy a PS2 and the over priced games on Ebay but I will if I have too.
>>
>>381944650
HD SH still suck, just get the PC ports witg fan-made patches.

DMC HD is great and the disc hasn't left my Xbox since I bought it years ago.
>>
>>381944650
Patches fixed nothing
Game still runs like ass and you cant patch trying to force a beta build into release because you lost the gold disk of both games

Sh2 is full of texture bugs sh3 runs at 12 fps in some areas with no frame skiping and audio buffering

Do not get the silent Hill HD release, just play those games on the pc if you want high Def or on a ps2 emulator is you want the best fog effect
>>
>>381944650
They didn't fix shit. They are trash and seriously avoid the remaster like the plague.
>>
What about Zoen of the Enders or the ICO Shadow Colossus ones?
>>
>>381944007
Not played it myself, but I have heard that one of the gun skills in DMC3 I think it was is bugged in the HD remakes
>>
Post that big pic that shows how fucked up the silent hill remake is
>>
>>381945216
Zoe 1 works ok
Zoe2 on xbox is dog shit
Zoe2 on ps3 AFTER THE HEXADRIVE PATCH is fucking good, runs at 60fps with better everything and plays like sex

Ico and shadow are great
>>
File: Silent Hill PC guide.png (2MB, 1300x3277px) Image search: [Google]
Silent Hill PC guide.png
2MB, 1300x3277px
>>381944650
>>
SH is not worth your time OP
Go with DMC, it's mostly a good conversion

Also
MGS legacy
Ico and SOTC
Sly Cooper
>>
Silent Hill HD changes all the sounds for Silent Hill 2. Its ruined.
Devil May Cry HD is fine on the 360 but the PS3 controller has enough input delay to ruin it.
>>
How are the Jak Daxter games on PS3?
>>
>>381944494
This, OP.

The Silent Hill remaster is the most awful remaster there is, but Devil May Cry is great.
>>
>>381944007

DMC is good but some cutscenes are fucked up due to widescreen.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.