[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why haven't you bought a Switch yet, /v/? https://waypo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: r3ic0i3ncrm.png (89KB, 1116x527px) Image search: [Google]
r3ic0i3ncrm.png
89KB, 1116x527px
Why haven't you bought a Switch yet, /v/?
https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/43yzpm/nintendo-explains-why-they-didnt-focus-on-indie-games-at-e3
>>
File: Capture.png (48KB, 342x224px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
48KB, 342x224px
heh
>>
>>381938965
They should do an indie-Direct at one point 2bh
>>
Indies aren't a selling point. They never will be for a $300 console. You don't spend full price for consoles to play indie shit. It's more like the cherry on top if anything.

Also, stop shilling you filthy mong.
>>
>/nintendo-explains-why-they-didnt-focus-on-indie-games-at-e3
Probably because no one gives a shit about indies
>>
>>381939281
>>381939297
I don't think that was the point of what OP was trying to say
>>
>>381939281
You mean like their usual Nindies highlight at the big seasonal directs?
>>
>>381938965
I'm excited for 2018, it's looking great for the Switch. I just hope they can keep the momentum going.
>>381939281
It could happen, they did one in February.
>>
>>381939617
I don't mean a highlight reel, I mean an actual full bodied 40 minute Direct with surprise reveals, in depth info, and a few exclusives.
>>
>>381939297
Yeah, I agree.

I always use the 5 game rule, but indies don't apply. It has to be 5 worthwhile fully released games, with indies on top.
>>
>>381938965
I don't understand why you would play indies on anything but PC. Even if you don't have a top of the line PC, most indie games can be played on toasters.
>>
>>381939904
Portability? I fucking hated Undertale on PC but you can bet I'd buy it on Switch. Same reason I haven't bought Disgaea games before they released on PSP/Vita
>>
>>381938965

Because I'm tired of playing the same tired ass franchises.
>>
>Indie games
>Worth playing
>>
Indie rules! Buy one xbox one X and play indie in 4K
>>
>>381940063
>Portability?

I guess if you're commuting everywhere? But I don't think that's a console selling point. Personally I like to play games in the comfort of my own home, if I'm out and about I have other things to do.

>I fucking hated Undertale on PC but you can bet I'd buy it on Switch

You're dumb, that's dumb. It's the same fucking game, and it isn't even paced to be a portable-type game that you consume in small chunks. The game is not magically improved by becoming portable, if anything the experience is inferior because it's a heavily plot-driven linear game, something you marathon/eat up in large doses.
>>
>>381938965
>using anything shillswitch engage Reggie filsaime says. Dude is a pr scumbag, i fucking remember what games were shown off, what is this excerpt supposed to even be fucking saying?!

My thoughts on switch. I've heard a lot more negatives than positives, like paid online but lacking quintessential features like party chat, a messaging system. Also there's no internet browser or entertainment apps, thats where it really pales in comparison to wiiu imo. I agree the games should be the centerpiece but who doesn't wanna give your thumbs a break every 11 hours? Also I don't play games with friends that often and I definitely don't go to a lot of parties, I learned that with wiiu. And other times no one cares or wants to play. shrug if I'm being realistic, there's nothing driving me out to buy a switch other than brand loyalty which has long gone out the window trying to get a hold of some nintendo products in the past, and the fact that it's just shiny and new. Speaking of shiny and new I get shivers thinking about that big screen getting shoved into a backpack without protection. My n3ds feels at home in my pocket.
>>
>>381940604
>It's the same fucking game

Do you not understand the context? Playing a game slumped over a PC screen and playing it lying down on a handheld is a much better experience for me. Do you seriously not see the appeal?
>>
>>381940685
Sounds like you need a better set-up if you're "slumped over". Look, I have a 3DS and I've mostly enjoyed my time with it, but at no point has its portability improved the core experience of actually playing the game.
>>
>>381940965
Well, okay, but portability is a better set up for me. Certain game's are more appealing if I can play them portable.
>>
>>381940685
You could be playing it from your bed right now

Normies and dumb lazy niggers like you are Nintendo's new demographic
>>
>>381941129
I'm more a Vita fanboy, but whatever
>>
>>381940661
>what is this excerpt supposed to even be fucking saying?!
That 2018 has a good Switch line up?
>>
>>381941185
Ok, I take it back
>>
>>381941306
Okay
>>
>>381938965
>Doing good
>still feels the need to shill for free

MAMA MIA! KEEPA' SUCKIN' ME DICKA' ANON!.
>>
>you could buy this shit indie game that released five years ago on the switch
>or on steam where right fucking now it's $5
>>
>>381941219
So basically the same shit I hear from Buyers remorse v posters.
Remind me why this company is successful and this dude makes 6 figures. The guy doesn't know shit about the games. Have you seen mr. Potato head play any of his company's games? He's hot garbage.
>>
>>381940063

Then don't buy it. Seriously, this isn't hard. You don't want to buy the games Nintendo and it's 3rd party developers produce, then don't buy it. I will. I bought Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ because I had never played it before. I bought Disgaea 5 Complete because I had never played it before. I bought I Am Setsuna because I had never played it before.

No one is forcing you to buy anything. At all. People are happy with the Switch. Lots of us are happy to buy the games that are coming out for it when we want to buy the games.
>>
>>381941185

The forgotten Sony handheld that has only had shit tier visual novels released on it?
>>
>>381942030
I didn't buy it...? What are you getting on the offense for, christ.
>>
>>381940661
>caring about the browser, a feature almost nobody used

Aside from modding, it was pointless.

At least the online is only 20$ instead of 60 tho.
>>
>>381942190
It's very quickly turned in to a Dungeon Explorer/Disgaea/PS1 machine for me
>>
>>381940965
>not liking comfy
What a fucking retard
>>
The switch is $500 dollarydoos not including games, when the Xbox One X comes out I can pick that up for about $600 with a game. Switch is underpowered and useless
>>
>>381940063
>Fucking hate Disgaea 3 and can't see the appeal
>Borrow friends Vita to play P4G, has Disgaea 3 on it
>End up putting 100 hours in to Disgaea 3 and like 10 hours in to P4G before dropping it
Dunno why, but Disgaea is so fucking good on a handheld.
>>
>>381938965
Because it has one game and it looks awful to me. Also I'm covered handheld wise between my Vita and 3ds. If I get any new handheld it's going to be a PSP.
>>
>>381942696
Its $299 MSRP
>>
>>381944034
D O L L A R Y D O O S
>>
>>381938965
They're out of stock
>>
>>381938965
>Why haven't you bought a Switch yet, /v/?
lack of backwards compatibility. never had a wii u so i want to play those games first.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.