[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've never seen /v/ have a consensus on this game. What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9

File: 250px-PMTTYD.jpg (34KB, 250x349px) Image search: [Google]
250px-PMTTYD.jpg
34KB, 250x349px
I've never seen /v/ have a consensus on this game. What are your thoughts on it?
>>
>>381933832
Best Paper Mario
>>
File: 1494948062161.jpg (88KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1494948062161.jpg
88KB, 600x600px
>>381933832
>i've never seen /v/ have a consensus on one of the few games that /v/ pretty much universally loves
>>
Fun. The cutscenes being unskippable is unacceptable but the game is really nice, pretty clever. The forest level sucks dick though.
>>
>>381933832
If you exclude diehard anti-Nintendo shitposters I've never seen anyone with an overall negative opinion of TTYD
it's one of the least argued about games on /v/
>>
>>381933832
>/v/
>Consensus

One of the best Paper Marios on the first run through. Its key flaw is in its replay-ability. The worst few levels are right at the start and really bog you down and force you to slog through it to get to the good bits. Once you get to the pit and round the chapter off with glorious RAWK HAWK the game really takes off and life is good again.
>>
great game but not as good as 64 due to flaws like the backtracking
>>
Are you new OP?
>>
Best game I've ever played. It has an incredible level of polish and detail that has yet to be surpassed by a Nintendo title. It's a pretty casual title, but there's quite a bit of depth to the combat system for a Nintendo title. The soundtrack is phenomenal, and the story, world design and character design is top-notch, taking basic Mario elements and throwing them out of their comfort zone, making something unique and great. The biggest complaints you'll hear have to do with backtracking and the easy difficulty.
>>
>>381933832
A damn masterpiece, it's just a crying shame the series has never had a game anywhere near as good since.
>>
File: 1498088278127.jpg (22KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
1498088278127.jpg
22KB, 400x533px
It's objectively the best paper mario by most fans in general.
>>
>>381933832
>tfw trying to do stylish moves out of habit when replaying the first
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGWDfu2wEY4

Thoughts on the soundtrack?
>>
>>381934245
/thread
>>
What was his endgame?
>>
>>381934614
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyhLabJvb2M
Has one of my most favorite songs to go with the "everyone from your travels cheers you on at the end" thing by far
>>
>>381934801
Remember this cut scene?
Does anyone know why the stars gather around the fucking noose in the middle of the port during this cut scene?
>>
Tied with Bros. 3 for the best Mario game.
>>
>>381934931
Because that's the point on the surface where the Thousand-Year Door is if you go straight down, of course
>>
>>381935029
I know, I thought it was strange that they built the public noose directly above that location.
>>
Pros:
>fun, light-hearted story
>solid cast
>humorous writing that doesn't manage to be cringy
>fantastic battle system

Cons:
>abundant amounts of backtracking
>recycled enemies/bosses which under-utilize the battle system's potential
>unskippable cutscenes that can be bloated and long-winded

It's a fun 8/10 game, more or less.
>>
OP has to be new. Paper Mario TTYD is one of the very few games that is almost unanimously praised on /v/.

And it's quite good. I loved it.

Although I never finished it. Got to the Moon, file corrupted, and was so discouraged, I never finished it. Don't even know how it ends. Always said "maybe one day I'll open the door" but never have.
>>
favorite boss theme?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhgO1ZBCTfI
>>
>>381933832
VERY UNPOPULAR OPINION COMING THROUGH

I love it, even though it's too easy and there's too much padding in the form of backtracking
>>
>>381933832
Its alright. Enjoyed it less and less each replay. 64 is better
>>
File: RawkHawkPMTTYD.png (729KB, 1024x1071px) Image search: [Google]
RawkHawkPMTTYD.png
729KB, 1024x1071px
The Glitz Pit is the best chapter.
>>
File: 1467432919121.jpg (7KB, 155x166px) Image search: [Google]
1467432919121.jpg
7KB, 155x166px
>>381933832
I spent so much goddamn time on this game. I played through the entire game at least seven separate times and did the entire pit of 100 trials every playthrough. By my fourth time playing through the game I had pretty much mastered all the pointless stylish moves and was able to superguard with near perfection. I got so autistic that if I wasn't satisfied with my performance in a boss fight I would reset the game and do it over again.

Now my old Wii is broken, I can't afford a new console, and I can't find the fucking disc.
>>
>>381935104
It's the town center and can fit the most people, everybody gathers round to see the criminals get executed
>>
>>381933832
The game is decent, but the fanbase is absolute shit.

Also, the first game's better.
>>
File: niyari.jpg (61KB, 260x273px) Image search: [Google]
niyari.jpg
61KB, 260x273px
>>381938361
>not chapter 4
>>
>>381938868
Name a video game fanbase that isn't absolute shit...
>>
Is there anyone here who thinks that Chapter 2 (the woods) ISN'T the worst chapter?
>>
>>381939496
Space Invaders.
>>
>>381939597
i dislike chapter 5 the most save for cortez, amigo. chapter 2 is kinda a kick in the nuts for anyone who wasnt fighting with any strategy.
>>
>>381939597
I'd say the Moon is worse.
>>
TTYD had more personality but the original was comfier. Pretty much compare Zess T and Tayce T
>>
>>381938361
>not the train to Poshley Heights

I will fucking fight you nigger. But seriously I was not expecting this game to have so many memorable chapters. I was seriously waiting for a THAT LEVEL from this game but it never came. I don't even hate Boggly Woods, it's just my least favorite.
>>
>>381941567
im actually in the middle of like my 5th run through the game since i bought it. i just reached danger mario. chapter 6 is the coolest on the first time through, otherwise its a bit of a chore. the midway station is comfy as fuck though
>>
Still need to continue it
>>
>>381933832
>Being this new
>>
File: 456246754567.gif (2MB, 569x320px) Image search: [Google]
456246754567.gif
2MB, 569x320px
>>381933832
>I've never seen /v/ have a consensus

YOU DON'T FUCKING SAY?????????!??!?
>>
>>381933832
i liked both paper mario games but have always felt they were a step back from mario rpg
>>
Not as good as PM64 but still pretty good.
>>
>>381934721
Are you gonna add something to his post or just ape off of it like the little nintenfag cuck you are?
>>
>>381933832
I like that jump
>>
>>381934047
you're retarded for wanting to skip cutscenes in paper fucking mario
>>
Nostalgiafags will say 64 is better.
Know now, the ultimate truths of Paper Mario TTYD
>it's the best paper mario game
>boggly woods is a beautiful area with some of the best music, it just has pacing issues
>bobbery is the best partner
>vivian is female
>>
Damn good the first time through with some crappy backtracking moments.
Subsequent playthroughs make you realize A LOT of the game is backtracking moments and since you know the twists in each chapter, they become a chore.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
I wish this fight had been timed like the one in the Boggly Tree.
>>
It seems that Nintendo is starting to listen to the fans more with the 2 new Metroid games, can we hope for a new proper Paper Mario or am getting my hopes up for nothing
>>
>>381941864
Well yeah, that's the core flaw of this game. I would never replay it more than once. Half the fun of Glitz Pit and Poshley Heights can only be enjoyed the first time. It would be a chore to do it again.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.