[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm currently disabled from a stroke 3 years ago. I only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

File: FB_IMG_1494182478218.jpg (7KB, 211x238px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1494182478218.jpg
7KB, 211x238px
I'm currently disabled from a stroke 3 years ago. I only have 1 usable hand for vidya.

I recently got a decent android phone, and was curious what are some cool games I could play 1 handed. Good hand is left btw. I REALLY love RPG and tower defense.
>>
Ziggurat
>>
>>381931518
do you only have the phone or can you play PC games too? some decent tower defense games on PC that can definitely be done with 1 hand.

with a decent mouse you could probably play a fair few bigger RPGs as well by binding movement to side buttons
>>
sympathy bump
>>
Do you have a PC?

https://www.amazon.com/Agetec-ASCII-Grip/dp/B00001ZUW8

something like that with a usb adapter could let you play alot of stuff with emulators. RPGs might be your best bet.
>>
I have a pc also, but I can take my phone to physical therapy and stuff. By all means though, any suggestions would be nice.
>>
Turn based RPG's are what come to mind. Divinity Original Sin, the HoMM series, King's Bounty series, Disciples 2. That kind of stuff.
>>
>>381931518
RPG named "The Quest"
should be available for both pc and mobile
>>
>>381932258
could try the new fotm mobile games like Fate and Granblue. the GemCraft games are pretty fun tower defenses but I'm not sure if they're on android. also plenty of emulators for android that'll give you tons of options for thing to play
>>
>>381931518
Romancing SaGa 2
>>
tactics games would be just fine 1 handed too, like X-COM. Fallout 1 and 2 are doable. anything turn based really or with pause-turn based like Divine Divinity and such
>>
How old are you anon? Do you know what caused your stroke?

I'm a neuro physiotherapist and find it interesting
>>
>>381931518
Why not just use both hands?
>>
>>381931518
https://www.twitch /halfcoordinated

Anything he plays you can.
>>
>>381931518
Are you expected to recover fully?
>>
I'm 33. I was 500 lbs 3 years ago and is was a had a hemorrhagic stroke. I'm 200 lbs lighter now.
>>
I'm not going to recover anymore than I have.
>>
>>381933498
>500 lbs

Jesus fucking Christ anon
I mean it's good that you're starting to lose weight now but it's just absurd to me how anyone can even get that fat in the first place
>>
>>381931518
any turnbased game should be good
check on steam for turnbased rpgs while theres a sale going on
id recommend x-com ufo defense, make sure to read the manual or a starting guide as the game was supposed to be packaged with a manual
>>
>>381933498
>I was 500
You deserve everything that has happened to you.

>>381931518
Cyber Knights RPG Elite. It looks like shit though.
>>
You're 100% right, there is no excuse for it and i'm paying for it dearly now.
>>
non-cheating yu-gi-oh games
>>
>>381933498
Haemorrhagic strokes tend to have a better prognosis provided you survive the initial few weeks. I'm sure you are controlling your BP wel as it must have been sky high to have a stroke at 33.

Good to hear you have lost 200 lbs and the fact that you are still recieving physio 3 years down the line is great

Do you have any function within the hand, spacticity or low tone?
>>
File: 1466825441237.jpg (16KB, 480x236px) Image search: [Google]
1466825441237.jpg
16KB, 480x236px
>>381933990
sending you love
>>
>>381933990
Well, that won't bring back the thousands of starved African children
>>
File: 544.png (220KB, 373x327px) Image search: [Google]
544.png
220KB, 373x327px
>>381933976
Alright edge lord
>>
http://faphero.org/
>>
>>381934262
Some function, tone is terrible, but some function is better than none. I can walk with a standard cane but besides that my leg also lost most functionality.
>>
>>381931518
You should get one of those mouses with like 25 buttons on it. Maybe play a casual mmo or rpg or something.
>>
>>381934483
kek
>>
>>381934412
kys
>>
>>381931518
Make or buy a desktop. Most disabled friendly platform by far, control and game wise.

Here's a foot pad that can replace a left stick on controller or wasd, or whatever you want it to be:
https://www.amazon.com/Stinky-Gaming-Footboard-Foot-Controller/dp/B00EOPT5ZS

Here's a couple other products that might be helpful.

Keypad with control stick and other stuff:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B013P0HW7K/ref=pd_aw_sim_147_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=80RQF0SB1D8F7YQ7EXPK&dpPl=1&dpID=817GlmVDffL

Mouse with many buttons available in left and right hand:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00EO2ECUY/ref=pd_aw_sim_147_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=80RQF0SB1D8F7YQ7EXPK&dpPl=1&dpID=81zmQCSvy5L
>>
>>381934517
Sorry to hear that anon. Do you have a splint for management of the tone? Are you on Baclofen or any tone management drugs?

Tone can be a fucker to manage, one of the shittiest parts of having a stroke

I hope you continue to improve
>>
Feed Me on nitrome. Flash games will always be plentiful for one-handed users.
Also it's possible to tie keys to the mouse, which would be useful for you.
>>
Nobody fucking recommended Bayonetta? It has a one handed mode. Also Nier Automata is being speedrun at GDQ this year by a guy with one hand so I'd imagine that is a choice too.
>>
>>381931518
Grimrock. IIRC some guy could only use one hand bought it and can't play. Devs patched it up just for him. not really, but you get the idea.
>>
>>381931518
Emulating SNES and downloading a metric ton of fan translated JRPGs (plus all the ones that came out in America in english to begin with) seems like an easy solution.
>>
>>381935194
Yeah I do use a resting hand brace at night.
>>
Broforce only uses the left hand side of the keyboard.
Uplink only really uses the mouse, although you do have to actually type things as it is a game based on hacking.
Audiosurf can either be done with left side of keyboard or mouse.
Duck Game's default controls are all binded to the left hand side of the keyboard.
Bloon's Tower Defense 5 is a flash classic that can easily be played with one hand.
>>
>>381935362
Possible != Fun
>>
>>381937103
Then sod off, if you don't like Nier Automata or Bayonetta I dont give a fuck about you.
>>
Any kairosoft game.
>>
>>381931518
>RPG
Trails in the Sky on Steam can be played entirely with a mouse very well and it's pretty comfy to do so
>>
The grass is always greener on the other side, I'm going to die in 10 years or less due to lung failure.
Time to play some more Starsector, have a good one OP.
>>
>>381938682
Lung failure? How old are you? 96?
>>
>>381939089
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primary_ciliary_dyskinesia
>>
At least tell us the story. How did it happen? Did it hurt a lot? What was coming to like?

I'd recommend Ghost Trick, but it's on ios and DS only. Not sure if there are any good DS emulators for Android.
>>
>>381939089
Tall white guys have a propensity to suddenly have a deflated lung. It's in their genetics.
>>
File: setbacks.jpg (130KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
setbacks.jpg
130KB, 768x768px
if true, I am sorry anon.

I don't have any games for you.
>>
File: vkmb5hz.jpg (128KB, 870x575px) Image search: [Google]
vkmb5hz.jpg
128KB, 870x575px
>>381938682
sorry anon. enjoy your time
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.