[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck off with your platform wars for once and discuss the best

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: shippinh.jpg (156KB, 803x602px) Image search: [Google]
shippinh.jpg
156KB, 803x602px
Fuck off with your platform wars for once and discuss the best squad level tbs ever made.

>Favorite maps
>Favorite guns
>>
>Merc
Sullik, Cassidy when Sullik is going full meleetard
>Maps
Gecko's power plant is a pain to navigate, but pretty cool and has one of the better talking heads in the game
>Guns
Really enjoyed the .44 magnum, it can carry you all the way from the Den to Vault City's raider caves, though I wish it got a more useful upgrade than the speedloader.
Special mention to the scoped hunting rifle for landing fatal eyeshots halfway across the map at night, but it's stupid that your guy can't just not use the scope when dudes are up close.
>>
>>381923034
I finished the game but couldn't really get a grasp on combat.
Dynamic AP is not really a good idea.
>>
>>381923652
Get a glasses.
>>
>>381923652
Are you honestly confusing fallout for jagged alliance?
>>
>>381923034
Is the vanilla playable or should I install anything else?
>>
>>381924705
It's quite easy to understand. If a Merc is loaded down with gear, they move slower, if tired, they move slower, if wounded or out of breath they move slower.
>>
>>381925231
Vanilla is great, but all the veterans know that 1.13 is where it's at.
>>
File: game 2016-07-02 18-27-33-26.jpg (342KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
game 2016-07-02 18-27-33-26.jpg
342KB, 1920x1080px
if i wanted to get into jagged alliance is then the second one the game to choose. There seems to be a bunch of expansions as well. Tried some of the newer ones and didn't really get into it though it had some charm.
>>
>>381925231
1.13 grew to a bloated mess. You can spend half of your day turning off the pointless shit or run a pre-HAM build, but you need prior game knowledge to understand all the toggles. Start with vanilla,it's better. You might look at Straciatella to fix the resolution to your liking.

t. veteran
>>
>>381925578
The new ones are complete shit. The original is basically just 2 but with fewer options in combat and a different set of maps. 2 is generally agreed to be the best one. Especially with the 1.13 mod, it adds an absurd amount of shit, like literally almost a thousand guns, enemy roles like medics and just a ridiculous amount of other shit. I'd stick with vanilla 2 until you get a feel for the combat and controls as they can be obtuse to a new comer then switch to 1.13 once comfortable. The expansions for 2 are made for veterans and are absurdly difficult maps. Avoid unless you know what you're doing.
>>
>>381925753
That's the beauty of 1.13 though. Fuck loads of options for people that want them and anyone that doesn't can easily turn any of them off. I wouldn't recommend it to a noob though.
>>
>>381925753
Or learn all the toggles and enjoy the superior experience.

Defending towns against legions, setting up claymore trip mine traps, enemy tanks driving through buildings and collapsing roofs. Not to mention all the fully voiced Deadly Games mercs. After you have played like that there's no going back.

And you call yourself a veteran.
>>
>>381926535
Yeap, just for simpler changes like overheating weapons and effective suppression fire alone make 1.13 the only way to play. And it hardly takes half a day to go through the toggles. I change up my ini a bit every new game and can scroll through the whole thing and make all changes I want in about 10-15 minutes. Which isn't bad at all considering that playthrough will probably take 80 hours.
>>
>>381926535
And the fucked up and harmless AI occasionally even getting confused and running back and forth in the middle of the street because it can't handle the mechanics changes and the new toys the way the player can.
>>
>>381928348
The AI has always been shit chief. They do the curly shuffle even in vanilla.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.