[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it that I see a Hollow Knight shill thread EVERY FUCKING

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 19

File: tumblr_nnozy428651slr6aoo1_500.jpg (80KB, 500x652px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nnozy428651slr6aoo1_500.jpg
80KB, 500x652px
Why is it that I see a Hollow Knight shill thread EVERY FUCKING DAY on this board.

But the moment I post a hyper light drifter thread ppl call me a shill and attack the game? Why the double standard? Tbh hollow knight isn't even as good as HLD.

HLD is:
>fun
>aesthetic
>great combat
>combat can be complex or ez button mash, depending on your playstyle
>collecting hidden things is FUN
>collecting guns is FUN
>collecting 8 diamond pieces for each zone is challenging
>bosses are cool and fun
>amazing OST
>world is diverse and beautiful

Go get HLD on steam sale its 50% off for 10 bux. Best 10 bux youll ever spend
>>
You're both shills, how's that?
>>
File: a97def69c7827e29d352caa68de24507.png (888KB, 1200x750px) Image search: [Google]
a97def69c7827e29d352caa68de24507.png
888KB, 1200x750px
>>381919346
>Pink drifter has the saddest story
>its even sadder you realize its based on a kid the creator met in a hospital when he was making the game
>you realize the kid died
>just like the pink drifter
>>
>>381919479
pink drifter the best
>>
File: b1e56a2b1fa396baa3f630c6403082f5.jpg (578KB, 2400x1800px) Image search: [Google]
b1e56a2b1fa396baa3f630c6403082f5.jpg
578KB, 2400x1800px
>>381919346
anyone having fun playing the new drifter they just added in last patch?

I love his ranged attacks. So good vs the venom dogs. but fuck I miss the aoe of the original drifter. Though both get the Hold square sword aoe so its not THAT bad. But the extra range def makes pic related feel more op. Though the lower health has fucked me over, but I just pretend its NG+
>>
File: hyperlight_by_mr__jack-d6o2fdj.jpg (181KB, 1131x707px) Image search: [Google]
hyperlight_by_mr__jack-d6o2fdj.jpg
181KB, 1131x707px
>>381919346
the forest is my fav area. I like the story of the rabit ppl vs the giants in it. They had the biggest chance vs them desu.

North was cool cuz the views and stuff and sucks what happened to the bird ppl due to the hiruphant.

East got so fucked up by the corruption

South is my fav aesthetically and it really sucks how the reptile ppl got fucked up entirely by the attempt to remake the giants
>>
>Fav Enemy

>Fav Zone

>fav aesthetic

>fav lore moment
>>
>>381920253
>Mountain Zone is GOAT art/aesthetic
>Forest Zone for the music
>Favorite enemy are the dog like things that charge you
>>
>>381920253
>Fav Enemy
The purple beam birds
>fav boss
the 4 south bosses
>Fav Zone
South and West tied
>fav aesthetic
East
>fav lore moment
I love how the ending to the game. The drifter and the Anubis god have a mutual understanding by the end. And the Post game moment is pure serenity
>>
>>381920497
those dogs,... with the new drifter shown >>381919829
theyre ez as fuck to handle.

but I died SO MANY TIMES to them on the original drifter

north is GOAT
>>
Wait what, they added more playable characters after release?
>>
>>381919346
i tried playing hyper light drifter recently and the whole game felt very boring
i couldnt really tell you why
the combat felt unsatisfying and there wasnt much of it
and the land felt kinda barren
it just wasnt very good
>>
File: redpill.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
redpill.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
>>381919346
All other shills are united in corporate warefare against indie games. And they're winning the narrative. Tragically.
>>
>>381921519
it gets VERY good once you unlock the first drift ability(3 coins) and at least deflect bullets combat ability. try it again but get the upgrades that I just told you about. it literally opens up the game
>>
>>381921453
yes, they added
>>381919829
>>381921083
>>
>>381919346
Who here likes all the side stories of the citizens in the world.

My fav are
>the bird orphanage
>The bunny person who survived the ritual in the east
>The guy who survived the giant fight in the west
>Pink drifter
>the drunk who got mugged
>the kid/soccer guy
>>
>>381921083
Fuuuuuck I didn't know they released more characters. Gotta reinstall.

I love how you could hear the dogs howl from offscreen. Always made me a little on edge until I saw them.
>>
File: shilling worked.png (350KB, 1712x909px) Image search: [Google]
shilling worked.png
350KB, 1712x909px
>>381919346
the shilling is working bruh
>>
>>381919346
Isn't it locked at 30fps
>>
File: fsdfsdfd.png (245KB, 1711x874px) Image search: [Google]
fsdfsdfd.png
245KB, 1711x874px
>>381919346
>>381921524
>>381922262

>>381922345
they patched it to 60 fps last year

>>381922226
new patch added the doggo drifter
>>
Hollow knight is pretty and good, HLD is pretty and bad.
>>
>>381922397
oh ok i was just avoiding it because of a video about the framerate but ill probably get it now
>>
>>381922476
>bad

but its good
>>
>>381922652
at first I preferred the 30 fps but now I only play on 60 fps. they fixed the bugs that was caused by 60 fps and now performance-vise(button presses) its the better option. Actually the difference is staggeringly good
>>
File: gdf.jpg (30KB, 620x300px) Image search: [Google]
gdf.jpg
30KB, 620x300px
>>381922476
>bad

Why do you have to lie like this? What is the purpose?
Like I said to >>381921519
once you get the infinite drifting and bullet deflect powers the game becomes exponentially fun
>>
I liked hyper light drifter, but it was really really short
i thought that the central elevator was going to take my to a new area where the story would finally pick up, but then the game just kind of ended
>>
>>381919346
Two wrongs don't make a right. Your parents should have taught you that when you were 6. Just because there's some autistic shitposter "shilling" Hollow Knight, that doesn't give you the right to do the same.

Also, if this thread is indicative of your previous threads, then I can see why you got shit on. It's because you are interested in the financial success of a video game. Rather than talking about the game like a human being, you want to *sell* the game to /v/ like a fucking tool.

At worst, you are a paid shill. At best you are an unpaid tool. Pick your poison.
>>
File: Hyper-Light-Drifter-story.jpg (93KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Hyper-Light-Drifter-story.jpg
93KB, 1920x1080px
>>381919346
so many epic moments in this game
>>
File: untitled.png (707KB, 788x557px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
707KB, 788x557px
>>381923161
did you do the extra content? like instead of collecting 3 triangles to unlock boss door you got all 8 to get to the challenging areas? rewards are neat :)
did you collect ever suit/key?
Did you collect every bit?
soccer challenge?
arena?
>>
>>381920253
>>Fav Enemy
Western Boss.
>>Fav Zone
the water area, was that east or south?
>>fav aesthetic
West with all the crystals
>>fav lore moment
I was never really quite able to pick up on a lot of the implied lore
>>
I was never able to beat the final boss. that fucker is no joke.

should probably do that
>>
I really should replay this
>>
>>381924176
drift THROUGH his bullets if you have the drift upgrade

infinite drift in an L shape every time hes about to charge the blast beam to the opposite side

kill 2-3 of the floaty diamonds

time the dodges when he charges you

use the Gun+sword combo technique for double damage

Thank me in an hour when you beat the boss :)
>>
File: swordshld-295d3.jpg (36KB, 600x360px) Image search: [Google]
swordshld-295d3.jpg
36KB, 600x360px
>>381923991
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgRe79q2tzo

watch this to have lore explained.

Also Best drone/sword/suit combo is

Lime Blue, dark blue and white

prove me wrong, oh wait you cant
>>
>>381924764
>>381924176
>>381924745
Try and get 100%, it really makes the game more enjoyable. I'm about to do a 100% collection run on the NEW drifter
https://steamcommunity.com/id/zero_requiem00/

as you can see I 100% the game already
>>
>>381922862
Fuck is this why I had trouble doing rapid dashes when it first came out?

I already beat it but might play it again
>>
>that satisfying feeling when you finally manage to get the 800 dash streak and unlock the purple outfit
>>
>>381925780
YES, literally had the same problem mate. Go back and replay its fixed and fucking amazing
>>
>>381919479
amazing spoiler, thank you, so want to buy the game now
>>
>>381919346

You're both shills and you are promoting a game that proudly features Anita Sarkissian in the credits.

Drink bleach.
>>
>>381926213
purple outfit, with lime green sword and white drone is best combo. I used keyboard controls and steam controller to cheese the 800 dash challenge :D
>>
I pirated and beat the game a couple months ago, it's pretty (((fun))) and the general aesthetic of the game is (((comfy)))
I stayed away from it for the longest time because of the jittery stuttering lag that I was getting, but I guess they fixed that sometime last winter
To be honest though, reading through the credits was kind of painful, sort of put a damper on the emotional end of the game. Seeing do-nothings like Anita in the special thanks is always kind of a slap in the face.
>>
>>381926471
>>381926408
look at it for the game it is and not the politics behind it.

I love chris browns music and when he beat the fuck out of rihana ppl were like BOO WE HATE HIM AND HIS MUSIC. now wait a second, his music is good so like him for that and that alone. The fact that he beat her up should have nothing to do with your enjoyment of his professional work.

tldr: learn to separate the artistic work and the personal life of the creators
>>
>>381919479
>start a thread telling people to buy it
>SPOIL THE GAME 2 POSTS IN
You fucking retards deserve your treatment.
>>
>>381926213
man that was not a fun time. Had to use mouse and key board for that. I could do maybe like 30 with my xbox360 controller, but no way in hell could I pull off 800
>>
Played both. I prefer HK but I liked HLD, a bit on the short side tho and frankly, going through zones to look for that last secret is a shore because there's a lot of hidden areas that are indicated by two slightly odds pixels. HLK is also shorter and have less bosses, tho I remember that some bosses were very gratifying to defeat, like the Bird Sorcerer.

Also dailies HK threads are probably done by that asshurt guy to give the game bad rep.
>>
>>381925780
yeah dude the 60 fps patch wasn't good for infinite drifting. but they fixed it and its like the 30fps in terms of timing for the infinite drifts. Play it again, the new drifter feels different enough to offer you something fresh in terms of gameplay
>>
>>381926380
>>381926669
This, go fuck yourself.
>>
>>381919346
Your entire post reads like someone shilling a game. Try and sound more genuine next time
>>
>>381919346
>>fun
>>aesthetic
>>great combat
>>combat can be complex or ez button mash, depending on your playstyle
>>collecting hidden things is FUN
>>collecting guns is FUN
>>collecting 8 diamond pieces for each zone is challenging
>>bosses are cool and fun
>>amazing OST
>>world is diverse and beautiful
you just described hollow knight, except it won't let you button mash as that's casual shit
>>
>>381927052
I like both

I just hate how one gets 10000 threads a day and HLD doesn't. so I am here to bring balance to the indie universe
>>
>>381927052
Actually it's the opposite, in Hollow Knight you can beat almost the entire game by just button mashing, but you can't do that in Hyper Light Drifter.
I've beaten them both, too
>>
>>381919346
The devs twitter virtue signalling turned a lot of people off, plus Hollow Night isn't a broken glitchy mess. Hyper Light Drifter does have some nice art though.
>>
>>381927423
>glitchy

dude they patched like almost every single glitch and its working great now. maybe you would've been right if you wrote ur post early 2016
>>
>>381927210
I disagree, button mashing will get you nowhere in the Dream bosses or the Colosseum.

HLD has better combat because the top-down view and the chain dash work really well together and it's fun to just blink between fifteen guys to deliver a shotgun blast to the guy in the back, but there's nothing wrong with HK's combat.

For how it matters, HK also had better lore. HLD kindz cockblocked everyone by featuring thoses giants robots in the trailers and they're simple background.
>>
File: Story_Image_1.png (33KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
Story_Image_1.png
33KB, 240x240px
Mecha Ritz is a better game than both
>>
>>381924176
I thought the final boss was pretty lame. Accidentally swinged like 90% of his bullets back to him with a single swing and he lost 50% of his HP. Dunno if they have fixed it later, this was a year ago.
>>
>>381927635
That's probably part of the problem, most people interested in it already played it in its glitchy state.
>>
>>381927754
watch >>381925165
video for the lore.

Also >>381920253
THE HARDEST part in this game was the northern 8 triangle room. HOLY SHIT. all those birds, all that shit to dodge, all the disappearing floors. it made me rage so hard.

the gun upgrade was okay though.

My fav 8 triangle door room is south. hands down, looks sooo fucking cool. Techno garden in the sky... what a cool ass concept

https://youtu.be/ZwYBoZq5vIY?t=58m23s
video of my fav 8 triangle door (south)
>>
>>381928415
>THE HARDEST part in this game was the northern 8 triangle room

https://youtu.be/zI0Wdnu9D7U?t=1h4m26s fuck sake this was such a PAIIIIIIIIIIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>381928415
If your lore needs a separate video to be explained then it's not worth going into. I can understand hiding some stuff that might shed a new light on some of the setting but the game was very bad at answering some of the questions raised by it. It's a bit of a shame.
>>
>>381919346
Because HLD takes skill and Hollow Knight just takes grinding
>>
>>381928781
Maybe you're just an idiot.
>>
>>381928781
its as cryptic as dark souls. in dark souls you HAVE to watch vidyavaati to get wtf is going on. at least I had to. why the double standard?
>>
>>381928928
Nah the game just asked way too much involvement to figure out the lore. Like what was written on the colums/obelysks you find in some places, which need tobe translated.

Honestly not worth the hassle, the game was mainly meant as a metaphor for heart-related diseases anyway so I got the message.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (92KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
92KB, 1920x1080px
>>381929216
I suggest you watch the video I linked in this thread to the lore. cuz its actually good lore and the ending of the video is bitter sweet
pic related
>>
>>381929202
>in dark souls you HAVE to watch vidyavaati to get wtf is going on
This is patently false. Firstly, if that's true, then how did vaati """""figure it out"""""? Secondly, why are there tons of channels dedicated to """"solving"""" dark souls lore?
It's painfully obvious that you're a child.
>>
>was probably more hyped for this game than any other indie game ever, as much as some games ever
>turned out the design changed drastically from the stuff they showed during development
>can't get over the dissapointment while trying to play

The stuff I've heard about it is that it turned out to be a pretty good game anyway. I'm thinking about giving it a shot again as it's been a good amount of time since my initial disappointment.
>>
>>381929202
Dark Souls is nowhere as cryptic. Characters verbally tells you a lot of the shit that's going on and even if you miss some stuff you still somewhat know what you're doing.

In HLD there was a fuckton of things lore-related that ultimately went nowhere or stayed as metapbor for real life stuff. Like:
>The dog
>The ruined city at the beginning and the prosperous one at the end
>Why your character is doing what he does
>What's the final boss's deal and why was it sealed
>Why has everything gone to shit all at once
>Why is the southern zone a factory
And other stuff I forgot about.
>>
>>381925165
why would you need to get the story explained? i think it was explained very well at the end
>>
>>381929406
I'll do it if I feel like it but honestly without playing the game again I'm too detached from it to care.
>>
>>381929475
>why are there tons of channels dedicated to """"solving"""" dark souls lore?
think you just proved my point. there are so many channels cuz it is cryptic.

Also the same way they found out the dark souls lore is the same way they found out HLD lore. by taking the time to dig in the game to find the answers.

>>381929548
I know I feel you dude. but even with all that its still a good game. if anything NOW is the best time ever to get into it. Its on sale, 60 fps patch, 2 playable characters.

if I may suggest some things
>collect ALL suits
>collect all bits
>collect all purple triangles
>do all challenges

if you do above: you will forget the disappointments and realize just how fun and good the game is. :)
>>
>>381930064
>dig in the game to find the answers.
What, you mean actually talk to NPCs or read item descriptions?
I feel like dark souls lore is a good litmus test for IQ. If you don't get it, you're certifiably fucking retarded.
>>
>>381927876
Wish it had more to offer survival wise rather than being so easy you can 1cc it in your sleep unless you score.
>>
>>381929943
>The dog
Its the messenger of the computer chip under the city
>The ruined city at the beginning and the prosperous one at the end
The city is a shell of its former glorious self, the 4 races combined to make the AI(the dog) to make life awesome. then the corruption(judgement; the final boss) took over the chip. Leading to many of the technologies being destroyed yet the city was still under the influence of the ai, though weakened and corrupt
>Why your character is doing what he does
he is corrupted by the same essence that fucked up the AI. he is on the journey to destroy the source aka the corrupt AI chip under the city
>What's the final boss's deal and why was it sealed
it was sealed as a means to prevent complete take over. As you probably can tell, the giants were used by judgement(the corruption) to destroy the world. however the people of the world survived, beat the giants, and sealed it.
However the corruption is still having influence and is making the east and south make factories to remake the giant beings.
>Why has everything gone to shit all at once
the ai which they all depended on was corrupt
>Why is the southern zone a factory
it is made by the influence of the corrupted AI chip controlling the citizens in an attempt to remake the giant beings you see at the start of the game in order to try and destroy the world. Something which is failed to do before with the original giants
>>
HLD was pretty to look at

but that's about all it has going for it
>>
>>381930206
>good litmus test for IQ
clearly youre an uneducated neet who doesn't know shit about science.

t. 2 science degree awesome person
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.