[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You say you can save Bethesda right? Well anon, let's hear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 8

File: meetings-head.jpg (53KB, 762x452px) Image search: [Google]
meetings-head.jpg
53KB, 762x452px
You say you can save Bethesda right? Well anon, let's hear your bright ideas!
>>
Burn it to the ground.
>>
>>381896007
Bethesda doesn't have this many women working in it, or at least they didn't last time I checked. This looks more like Bioware.
>>
Fire Todd. Bring back Lefay, Kirkbride and Peterson.
Enjoy good games.
>>
>>381896007
Step 1: Cancel the paid mod program.
>>
Elder scrolls you dumb fucks.
>>
Picture this....

Skyrim.....

On PS Vita
>>
>>381896007
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: iOS Edition
>>
File: 1497240325297m.jpg (113KB, 833x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1497240325297m.jpg
113KB, 833x1024px
Just buy my fucking mods.
>>
>>381896153
nah, the women in op's pic aren't 500 lbs
>>
>>381896234
just how are we suppose to make money then mr. bright ideas...
>>
Make a new engine for Fallout and Elder Scrolls
Let Obsidian make another Fallout
No paid mods
Scrap Quake Champions
>>
File: 1498404589688.png (543KB, 713x900px) Image search: [Google]
1498404589688.png
543KB, 713x900px
>>381896007
Make Toddposting mainstream.
>>
>>381896387
I know you think you're being funny but seriously go fuck yourself dude.

>inb4 it actually happens
>>
>>381896849
By making a good game that people will want to buy, not just for the game itself, but for all the great (and free) mods they'll be able to use, which may also inspire them to create their own mods with the new toolset, which is much more powerful but also easier to use.
>>
>>381897034
vita is dead though
>>
>>381896890
>good bethesda is bankrupt bethesda
>>
>>381897138
anon. people already want fallout and skyrim. we are not making any money if we go with the "free" route. We give content creators incentives to create for our games and gives customers content.

I'm sorry but you're not cut out for this business. you're fired.
>>
she's fine... damn, i wanna rape her in those skyrim caves.
>>
>>381897148
so is the switch
>>
>>381896007
How about stop doing rehashes of games that people have already paid for at least twice? How about stop being lazy fucks and develop games?
>>
>>381896007
I have a good idea, but show me your tits first.
>>
>>381897545
Not that guy, but here's my two cents.

Your sales are dropping and dropping hard and the fan backlash about the stupid paid mods is beyond damning. You know what the most valuable fucking thing in the industry is? Loyal and happy fans. Those fans will defend your actions without any need for you to spend a dime and by these abusive practices, you are driving more and more fans away. The company is a JOKE to people now.

You need a new title in a beloved series, or a new IP that gets people excited and it needs to be more than the absolute bare minimum required to get the drones to buy it, because that method only stabilises a drop and sustains your numbers, while you need to get MORE fans and buyers.
>>
>>381896007
I wanna fuck her armpits.
>>
Buy Obsidian
>>
>>381897678
He means actually dead, not "I want it to be dead cuz consolewarz" dead.
>>
>>381896007
Alright. First, you'll need to take off your clothes.
>>
>>381898101
I want to give her breast implants.
>>
>>381897856
We're expanding to different platforms because not everyone might not have every console. This gives new players who never played skyrim or fallout or old vets a chance to own a copy with all the new and upcoming dlc.

I'm sorry but you're not cut out for this business. you're fired.
>>
>>381896007

First, suck my dick.

Second. DA ELDER SKROLLZ FAJVE
>>
>>381897545
>>381898050
Oh and you want my big idea? The thing that will get all the fans you've alienated back on board?

Co-operate with Obsidian. Combine your technical expertise, engine, gameplay and power with their writing and character design.

>>381898148
If they bought Obsidian, they could just gut the company and the fans will hate them even MORE. By collaborating, they stand a better chance of actually making a good product.
>>
>>381898335
I've never worked for you, I'm just a NEET that wanted to see Todd in person to tell him how much he sucks at creating videogames.
>>
>>381898335
>Upcoming DLC
Yeah, we both know that's not happening. And why would the people who already own the game on the PC (by far your largest market) or another console buy it again?

The only people who are going to buy Fallout 4 or Skyrim on the Switch are newcomers to the series; everyone else already has it. That is a MINISCULE market that you are wasting money on, as not everyone who buys a switch is going to be a fan of the genre, or willing to shill out for a SIX-YEAR-OLD game.
>>
>>381898326
i just want to rape her.
>>
Why dont we uhhhh. Buy out a few of the graphic reskin mods, like give em 3k and aks them to remove the mod, thne repackage and sell Skyrim remastered with those mods as "official" on all the systems we already sell on.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (57KB, 1085x443px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
57KB, 1085x443px
>>381898681
We continue to make profit by expanding to different platforms. in 2015 we have more buyers on the console market so it is wise for us to expand our userbase. We wouldn't continue to be doing this if we're not making any profit.
>>
I've got a great idea for Bethesda's next game. A follow up on the best selling Video Gameâ„¢ of all time, Skyrim! We can call it The Elder Scrollsâ„¢ Vâ„¢: Skyrimâ„¢ II, and we can just reuse the same assets and story from the first game! Doesn't that sound like a good idea team?
>>
>>381896007
>Bethesda after the complete piece of trash that was Skyrim
yeah no, still haven't bought F4..
>>
>>381899118
That sounds fantastic! You sure are intelligent, and probably handsome, kind sir!
>>
Make a new engine.
>>
Do a remaster of New Vegas. All bugs fixed. Jsawyer mod is standard.
>>
>>381899074
In 2015 maybe. What about overall sales? What percentage of them are on consoles as opposed to PC? Further, this data is two years out of date; the figures for 2016 and the first two quarters of 2017 are far more relevant now.
>>
>>381899887
Thats not the point anon. Our primary focus is selling copies. history shows time and time again people will pay for another complete copy on a different system. providing new content drives sales. content providers help us doing that.
>>
>>381899658
>All bugs fixed
>Bethesda
Pick one
>>
>>381896007

MAKE A NEW ENGINE
>>
>>381900548
>No bugs fixed
>Bethesda

I'll take two, please.
>>
Remake Elder Scrolls Adventures: Red Guard.
>>
>>381900589
>>381899287
Too expensive and takes too much time. We're thinking about moving to unreal engine 4
>>
>>381900267
You're thinking far too short-term. Those numbers are not repeat-buyers; they are new customers. This is a well that is rapidly being drained. If the company doesn't start considering long-term investment, i.e.: a new game, you're going to suddenly find yourselves without a source of revenue!
>>
File: todd.png (9KB, 342x197px) Image search: [Google]
todd.png
9KB, 342x197px
Put a tax on Toddposting
>>
>>381900835
We have a large portfolio of games that we're trying to appeal to the mass market but its nowhere near the success of elder scrolls or fallout

doom
dishonered
prey
wolfenstein
the evil within

if this is not enough then please let us hear your new game ideas
>>
>>381896052

fucking this, after starting the DLC rat race, the murder of fallout and elderscrolls and now trying to start another shit fest with paid mods, let them rot.
>>
>>381900609
Jsawyer mod fixes most bugs. They can take care of the rest while doing a proper remaster.

Also somebody just got full house dubs, and I want to know who.

>>381900000
>>
Just make them a smaller company, like in Morrowind days.
>>
fire todd
>>
Morrowind Remaster.
>>
>>381896007
Fire the writing team. You might as well hire Bioware rejects and it will still be an improvement.
>>
>>381896996
It's already begun
>>
>>381901128
Doom, Dishonoured and Wolfenstein were all critically acclaimed and popular. They made bank; just not overwhelming amounts. Not every game is going to set the entire market on fire, but they do serve the purpose of attracting new fans and keeping existing ones loyal.

You will never please everyone at once; instead you need to target your games to a core demographic and pull in as much of that niche as possible. Bethesda still has at least an echo of its immense popularity with RPG fans, so they are an excellent group to target with a game that appeals heavily to them; likewise you could make a game that targets your growing basis of FPS fans.

Another Elder Scrolls or Fallout that focuses more on the RPG elements and divergent gameplay, rather than just shooting your way through every problem, would work wonders. I realise those series are the company's comfort zone, so they'll be an easier risk to justify to investors. Ask the fans what they really want to see in the next game and listen to their feedback; you don't have to bow down to their every demand, but compromising or taking ideas on key topics is paramount to this strategy. Bring in lead modders like Trainwiz, Elianora and Kinggath and let the passionate and talented members of your community (whom you've already recognised can be exploited) become key contributors to the next title.

I cannot stress enough that a partnership with Obsidian will work WONDERS for your image, especially if you offer or outright hand over creative direction and writing to them. Not only that, but 'outsourcing' is a great buzzword to throw at those investors.

If you feel a new IP might be a good idea, well Obsidian is again your friend; they own much of the talent that used to make up Troika, who have a proven pedigree working on White Wolf's property. If you approach them and pitch the idea to White Wolf Publishing, you might be able to secure the license for a World of Darkness or Exalted game.
>>
>>381896007

Let's fire those worthless cunts behind you and the token fuccboi, hire a bunch of guys who actually know how to code, and build a new engine instead of keeping this Gamebryo garbage on life support since 2007.

On the creative side, we can fire anyone under 6'4 and replace them with men who don't vote democrat, don't wear rainbow anything, and don't have last names like Goldbergriversteinbaumwitzshter.
>>
File: 1497621659968.png (202KB, 476x316px) Image search: [Google]
1497621659968.png
202KB, 476x316px
Basically, We keep Gamebyro and release a more casualised game to appeal to a wider audience. We then create a "paid mods" system but we don't actually call it paid mods. Normalfags will eat this shit up and Bethesda will get millions.
>>
>>381896007

LOOK AT GAMES AND LEARN HOW THEY WORK
Not just have a team on that and let them do it I guess, but it better be done by this time and we got this much budgeted to you
Actually do some fucking work for once

Doom is already irrelevant because beyond the technical advance in the games industry, becoming a standard for benchmarking, that's purely Id's expertise at work there, and they only worked on singleplayer. It's already irrelevant because what makes 90s Doom STILL RELEVANT is how portable and moddable it is. You shot everything off the minute you added Denuvo and split the engine three ways. You baked everything in, instead of making an engine that can swap stuff in and out with a simple .ini or .lua edit.
The multiplayer is cancer and Snapmap is held back by multiplat release.

Oh yeah, focus on PC games only. You can't wow the world if your ambitions are immediately stumped by shitty platforms.
If you don't wow the world (promises of well done open worlds etc.), you need to release a lot more games instead.

Fallout is a fucking abomination, sack Todd immediately. And everyone who backs him. You understand jack shit, so no point in talking about it.

Wolfenstein got some things wrong, and you tried too hard to make it yours. You just needed a competent shooter with some twist - not start with the twist and then just keep running the twist into the ground while you do cutscenes and setpieces like you're fucking Man in the High Castle: The Game.

Quake Champions is a miserable disgrace. You outsourced and now you got jack shit to show for it. Get a real, inhouse development team set up, and bake it for another 3 years minimum. Actual good games are known for taking their time without anyone knowing, only compromising when you run out of time and money - not start off rushing it out of the gate.
>>
How about, when we say
>"See that mountain? You can climb it."
We actually make the mountain climable?
>>
>>381903193
That's all well and good, but what about the meantime while the in-house team gets itself running and cranks out its first game? The company can't survive that long on its existing games and relying on The New Colossus to tide them over is far too risky a proposition.

They need something in the interim. This wouldn't be so big of a problem, if they hadn't already mined Skyrim and Fallout for all they're worth, as if they hadn't already done it, a re-release for a new system would give them the revenue bump to get them over the transitional period. As it stands, a whole new game is needed, which requires a significant investment of time and resources. We might have to push back the schedule for that inhouse team to 5 or 6 years, rather than starting right away.

I like the idea of a solid shooter with a gimmick, but what kind of gimmick are we talking here? And what makes a 'solid shooter' in the first place? This might be what we need to see rolled out in order to give Bethesda time to find its feet with its core audience again.
>>
>>381903103
If you casualise the game, you run the risk of making it so bland, it appeals equally little to everyone. There's a danger in going for too wide an audience, just as there is in going for too niche an audience. Ideally, you want to make your game appeal to a certain demographic or lovers of a particular genre, but make it so good that it draws in fans of tangentially related styles.
>>
>>381905745
>If you casualise the game, you run the risk of making it so bland, it appeals equally little to everyone
Why are you saying that like its some big revelation? All you need to do is point to Skyrim.
>>
>>381896007

Clean house for writing staff
Put emphasis on QA testing games
>>
What we made our gameplay-
>>
>>381905896
Some people need the obvious pointed out and given that Skyrim is STILL being pushed, some people need it pointed out with a mallet.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.