[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Update for NBA Playgrounds on Switch Being Held Back by Nintendo’s

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: nintendo outdated policies.jpg (456KB, 719x1607px) Image search: [Google]
nintendo outdated policies.jpg
456KB, 719x1607px
>patch is needed for switch version to restore online mode and low resolution
>other platforms (pc, ps4, xbone) patched without issues
>switch patch has been ready for weeks
>blocked by nintendo due to size
>all this because nintendo's retarded decision of putting only 32gb (26gb free) in the switch

Good luck with that big 3rd-party support Nintendo!
>>
>>381895063
While Nintendo's decisions are shit, in this case I can more or less agree with them. Why an update to restore online mode and low resolution should take fucking gigaoctets to download ? These fuckers should learn how to compress.
>>
File: 1496223332693.jpg (74KB, 422x750px) Image search: [Google]
1496223332693.jpg
74KB, 422x750px
Is redownloading the whole game every time something minor gets changed an unreal meme?

This wasnt all that common last gen, now its almost standard.
>>
>>381895063
Reminder that microsoft pulled the same shit with Payday 2
It's bs but don't go around acting like Nintendo is the only faggot doing this
>>
>>381896750
It's like 2-3 GBS dude.

I downloaded a 30gb patch for doom on PS4.

If nitnendo were such kike Jew cunts with their memory in the first place this wouldn't be a problem. 32gb? Seriously?

This is the kind of thing why 3re party never fucks with nintendo.
>>
Switch should have more space on it but devs need to learn to release games that aren't so fucking broken they need a huge patch just to work at all
>>
>>381895063
If the game was actually finished at the time of release this wouldn't be an issue.

The team quite literally put out an unfinished product.
>>
>>381896982

Or maybe they should stop supporting nintendo consoles.
>>
File: maxresdefault (7).jpg (70KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (7).jpg
70KB, 1280x720px
At least if you buy the game before Nintendo ok the patch you get Shaq Fu for free lol
>>
A good reason I'm not even considering getting a switch until the inevitable bigger and better version

>J-just buy an sd card!!

Yeah because that's what I want to do after spending hundreds of dollars on a console is to buy even more shit just for it to work
>>
>>381897196
I bet the switch xl comes out next year. That's the real reason there aren't enough components.
>>
>>381896906
>It-It's Nintendo's fault!

Do you realize how big 1-2 GBs IS? I know for a fact that 3D World, the entire game, mind you, is less than that.
>>
>>381896906
You think that is bad?
Halo MCC needs about 90GB of patching to even be playable.
>>
>>381895063
Stop releasing unfinished games and rely on enormous patches.

The game was not even optimized when released
>>
>>381897395
new Forza needs 100 GB for 4k content on top fo the regular install
>>
>>381897395
My Xbone has 200GB dedicated to Halo 5 and Gears 4 and I don't play either of them
>>
File: 1494112294363.png (43KB, 657x560px) Image search: [Google]
1494112294363.png
43KB, 657x560px
>>381897395
>>381897487
>>381897674
Will people ever speak up about this? Game sizes are ballooning up for no real reason. Nobody compresses shit anymore. The user then has to pay out the ass for extra storage.
>>
Then I hope this game fucking dies on the Switch. Maybe it'll teach the devs to not be dumbfucks and release incomplete games.

Releasing updates to fix unfinished products is cancer.
>>
>>381895063
>32gb
The fact that nintendo ""fans"" defend this is just amusing
>>
>>381897196
You would have died in the PSX era.
>>
>>381895063
Woah, they released the game in a bad state and now Nintendo slaps them for trying to put a fucking few gigs worth of a shitty patch on peoples' memory?

I'm fucking glad they're doing this, last thing Switch needs are bloated patches like PS4/Xone have, taking tons of memory.
>>
>>381897356
yes it is Nintendos fault for not knowing 3rd party don't give a shit and have huge patches, this will make 3rd parties stay away from the switch. That being said 3gb is not big for any platform except the newest, that's just dumb.
>>
>>381899839
Third parties were never going to develop for Switch anyway, stop deluding yourself.

I think this really does need to become more common knowledge on /v/, but the reason Sony and Microsoft get support no matter what is because they just throw money at third parties.
>>
>>381900335
>but the reason Sony and Microsoft get support no matter what is because they just throw money at third parties.

That's what you have to do when you want games on your platform. Shittutendo shows everyone how to do it WRONG.
>>
>>381900335
And build machines and player bases that can actually support their games.
>>
>>381900780
>Throwing money at developers for MULTIPLATS is a good idea

Take a look at this business genius right here.
>>
>>381895063

In the hands of a competent developer, there is no way that screenshot would even approach 2gb in size total, including reused assets and shaders.
Having such a large sized game in the first place is indicative of shitty developers.
Most home consoles accept games with 40+gb of content because to save money and improve performance (they don't have even afterward, never managing at least 1080p60 yet promising 4k uprezzed) they don't compress audio and things like textures.
In addition, people using engines like Unreal compile multiple times in C++ with a shit ton of added bloat from not understanding what they're messing with, and possibly ship multiple platform versions on EVERY platform, e.g. PS4 version on PC release, left unused.

This shit happens way too often, and is why Vulkan/DX12 is so slow to adopt. Literally all the game developers that publish to multiplat don't know shit.
>>
File: Australian politician.jpg (15KB, 234x261px) Image search: [Google]
Australian politician.jpg
15KB, 234x261px
>Another gen of zero Nintendo third-party support
>>
>>381900963
if you want to sell a shit ton of consoles and make it so 3rd parties have to go with your system to get all the sells that they can then yea.
>>
>>381895063
>Have two versions be buggy and need to be removed because debugging and playtesting is done by retards.
>Create an unoptimized patch that's unnecessarily bloated and wastes memory, because you don't know how to compress worth shit.
>Cry foul when Nintendo says 'You fagets can do a better job than this.'

This is why western devs are shit. They put out unfinished or buggy products and think they get blank check for patching stuff and not giving a damn about how much HD space they take up.

If Nintendo were in charge of TF2, I bet the game would only be 3GBs in size, or smaller.
>>
File: 1492570927813.jpg (96KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1492570927813.jpg
96KB, 1280x720px
>>381895063
7 gigabytes for that? I don't want to take sides in this console war, but good Lord, that is ridiculous.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.