[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vagrant Story is a bonafide 10/10, everything from graphics and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 10055_front.jpg (103KB, 640x653px) Image search: [Google]
10055_front.jpg
103KB, 640x653px
Vagrant Story is a bonafide 10/10, everything from graphics and story to gameplay and soundtrack is just phenomenal.

If you don't like this game, you're a brainlet manchild, simple as really.
>>
Gameplay is terrible
>>
File: 1497450096243.jpg (15KB, 188x231px) Image search: [Google]
1497450096243.jpg
15KB, 188x231px
OP it is no doubt a great game but very obtuse for today's generation who don't know how to crack open a manual (do they even have those anymore?) and learn.

What you say isn't wrong but this type of game could not survive in today's market.
>>
>>381892065
graphics - I'll give you that, pretty good for the ps1 era, even if it's just dark hallways
story - the game has no story whatsoever
gameplay - combat is boring, innovative for the time, rest is crawling through dungeons and solve the same puzzle over and over again

solid 7/10 game
>>
Loved everything about it, except the weapon grind. I could go from dealing 50 a hit with a sword, to 3 a hit with a club. I think most notably wold be that earth dragon in the forest. Somthing like only takes actual damage from cudgels but nothing else did up till that piint, and without the weapon skill (or was it the weapon itself that leveled? It's been fucking years), you did no damage anyway.

That aside, I agree it's a true classic gem.
>>
>>381892065
everything in the ivalice universe is garbage, from ff tactics to vagrant story to ff12
>>
>>381892065
I feel like this is a game that shouldn't be as good as it is. Aside from the technical elements, these are great. Especially the sound design, holy shit these doors sound sexy.

I mena the gameplay, its many confusing features and at the end of the day actualyl really simple gameplay. Yet it's a game I'm glad to go back to.
>>
>>381892480
I loved the weapon grind because I played this at a time in my life when I still had an attention span and nothing to do but play this and eat White Castle on hot summer days.
>>
>>381892065
nah my man

the art design is 10/10, the game itself is neat until you realize that it's just "cast analyze, pick the best weapon type/element, hit enemy and win"
>>
>>381892065
Don't get me wrong. I like the game, but you're taking it way too far.
>>
>>381895171
i wish somebody did a fan project for this game and fix all the bad stuff
>>
>>381895338
With the current state of the industry I wouldn't be surprised if someone got smashed with a C&D for talking about it.
>>
>>381892409
>What you say isn't wrong but this type of game could not survive in today's market
It didnt even surviveits own market the sequels got cancelled because bad reviews and sales
>>
Always wanted to play this game, what's the best way to play it now???

Emulation?
>>
File: Clipboard02.jpg (47KB, 272x332px) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard02.jpg
47KB, 272x332px
>>381896167
Ahem.
>In May 2000, Vagrant Story was the fifth best-selling PlayStation title of the month.[55] 100,000 units were sold in the first 20 days of the game's release,[3] despite being overshadowed by other Square titles like Final Fantasy IX and Chrono Cross.[3] Vagrant Story was the third of twenty games to date, and the only game on the PlayStation, to receive a perfect score of 40 from Famitsu magazine.[56][57]

>Reviews were generally positive—multimedia news websites IGN and GameSpot praised the gameplay and story. IGN described the story as "so deep and intuitive that it'll likely please fans", and said the battle system maintains "a needed element of strategy and balance".[3] The graphics were seen as a breakaway from the clichés of Square's contemporary titles.[60]
>>
>>381892065
Fucking weebw lool
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.