[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do I have to play Witcher 1 and 2 to understand 3? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: 1498200508922.png (666KB, 910x566px) Image search: [Google]
1498200508922.png
666KB, 910x566px
Do I have to play Witcher 1 and 2 to understand 3? I've already played Bloodborne and Zelda so might as well finish the list.
>>
>>381889118
Yes, you really, really should play the originals. Especially 1st one; 2nd has barely anything to do with 3rd.

Plus, TW1:EE is the best game in the series, but just wait and see how the consolikids will try to stomp down my statement next, as they never got to play it.

TW1 > 3 > > > 2.
>>
>implying any of those 3 are "the greatest games ever created"
>>
>>381889118
Have you read the Witcher novels?
>Yes
then you may do alright jumping straight to 3, but you may still be confused about a few things.

>No
Then play Witcher 1. It's a direct sequel to the books, and the only one to even try to introduce to the series' world and lore. Just DO NOT expect it to play like some DaS- kind action RPG; it is a pure CRPG, which plays more akin to Gothic and Neverwinter Nights. There's a lot more to do than just killing shit, and plenty of freedom and variation to things. It's less "cinematic", and more game-y immersive sim.
>>
>>381889234
I agree with this. Witcher 1 was aesthetically pleasing, especially with the outdated (even at the time it was being made) engine they were using. I immediately fell in love with the atmosphere, and most importantly I came to understand the lore of the world just by playing the game, rather than having to hunt down cheap collectables to explain things.

Witcher 2 was fun for the dialogue, but the menus made it so awful to play. I forgot I would have a potion or item in my inventory, and would wind up never using most of the things I collected. The combat is smoother, in the sense it's not a perpetual QTE, but overall I just don't like the gameplay of it, only the story.
>>
File: 1349198722244.jpg (764KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1349198722244.jpg
764KB, 1920x1080px
>>381889851
>Witcher 1 was aesthetically pleasing, especially with the outdated (even at the time it was being made) engine they were using
I played the game for the first time around 2013, had no idea about the engine or anything, and I found it simply gorgeous. The atmosphere is just amazing in this game; in many ways, it reminds me of medieval STALKER.
>>
>>381891390
Same. The whole chapter IV was one of the most atmospheric locations I've ever seen in a game. Also historically accurate wheat
>>
Just watch a YouTube video
>>
File: 1498484938691.png (624KB, 910x626px) Image search: [Google]
1498484938691.png
624KB, 910x626px
>>381889118
fixed it for you.
>>
>>381892078
Horizon: Zero Dimes never drew a dime
>>
>>381889118
That OP pic, Are we talking about open world? I can agree to that if you replace Bloodborne with GTA or something.

Can we at least agree that Bloodborne is not even the best roll&slash game?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.