[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: "remasters" that took too many creative and artistic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

File: SSF_HD_Remix_Boxart[1].jpg (29KB, 288x345px) Image search: [Google]
SSF_HD_Remix_Boxart[1].jpg
29KB, 288x345px
ITT: "remasters" that took too many creative and artistic liberties and were vastly worse than the original game
>>
File: Shitty remake.jpg (63KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
Shitty remake.jpg
63KB, 1000x500px
>>
File: heroes 3 hd lies.jpg (612KB, 1435x1019px) Image search: [Google]
heroes 3 hd lies.jpg
612KB, 1435x1019px
How about outright lying in your advertisements and downsampling the original to make your remaster look better
>>
>>381888714
>"remasters"

Thats a remake anon. You already just took libierties yourself. They are nit the same thing and i find it bizzare that t still has to be pointed out.
>>
File: image.jpg (65KB, 800x342px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65KB, 800x342px
This is a remake:
>>
>>381888714
The game played okay, it's just UDON is better at creating still images, not animated sprites.

Also the music was meh. I turned it back to CPS2.
>>
File: image.jpg (65KB, 640x325px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65KB, 640x325px
>>381889586
This is a remaster (of a remake)
>>
Twin Snakes
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (527KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
527KB, 1920x1080px
>>
HD Remix was a vastly more balanced game than SF 2 Turbo...
>>
HDR falls between remaster and remake because the gameplay is mostly untouched aside from rebalancing (the engine is wholesale the same as it was in SSF2T). The foundation was untouched (even Sirlin admits he couldn't program out SSF2T's inherent randomness) but everything else was rebuilt around it. You can play SSF2T completely unaltered with all of the new assets in HDR.

USF2 is where it actually hits full remake (with things like throw breaks and the wide screen mode actually being wide screen, not zoomed like HDR).
>>
>>381889928

>the gameplay is mostly untouched

This isn't true. They re-balanced the game and it made it way worse.
>>
>>381889185
I remember this.
I wonder if HoMM3 Complete sold more as result
>>
>>381890098
I said they rebalanced it (and, yes, fuck forward moving Flash Kicks) but that doesn't mean they actually altered the game itself. It plays the same (hit detection, damage calculation, etc.), they just modified the way moves work in HDR.

Again, you can play SSF2T exactly as it was on the Dreamcast version inside HDR.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.