[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Diablo 2 is a great game that hasn't aged super well.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: diablo2-logo1.jpg (21KB, 594x312px) Image search: [Google]
diablo2-logo1.jpg
21KB, 594x312px
>Diablo 2 is a great game that hasn't aged super well. If you're willing to deal with the low resolution and some outdated game mechanics, and are interested in a different skill, item and end-game system from Diablo 3, then definitely give it a try.
>some outdated game mechanics

What did they mean by this?
>>
>we are going to apply our blizzard philosophy of dumbing down gameplay and changing the lore in order to make more money off casuals
>>
diablo 2 was shit remove your nostalgic glasses finally
>>
Did Diablo 2 have a method of casting spells on button press instead of pressing their button to activate them and then another to use them? I remember that being how it was and that's pretty outdated for modern isometric ARPGs.
>>
>>381889437
No. But due to wonderful synergy system you character rarely had more viable skills than number of mouse buttons, unless you were paladin and had to play piano on auras buttons.
>>
>>381889437
instead of skills, diablo 2 had 4 buttons reserved to drinking fucking health potions
>>
>>381888335
>Diablo 2 is a great game
IS not and never was.
They sold what diablo 1 had going for "infinite replayability" and multiplayer focus resulting in endless tedium without any high points from start to finish.
>>
>>381890085
>sold
They didn't "sell" anything, Blizzard North were just lazy fucks who never bothered doing anything except awkwardly porting Angband to real time. They poured all efforts into act1 which accidentally was in demo too, and then lazily shat out the rest of the game. Then it picked up because back in 2000 anything which had something to do with internet sold like cakes, and were given funds to make D3. Then someone at Blizzard realized how shit those clowns were and shut them down. After which they released that hellgate london gem.
>>
>>381888335
Stamina.
Skill bloat.
Useless clutter (Arrows, Bolts, Thawing potions, explosive potions, stamina potions).
Block/Hit recovery
Light Radius (The game was never dark enough for this to be useful)
Block chance increasing while walking as opposed to running which is counter-intuitive
Superfluous stat system (You never put more points into STR, DEX, or ENG than you need to hit the breakpoints and otherwise you dump your stats into VIT)
Extremely limited stash system

There's probably more I'm forgetting.
>>
The thing i sort of dislike about all blizzards new games is the wow ability bar. It turns every game into a cooldown keyboard simulator.
Its also turn the game into a quasi turn based game. Before some screeching autist shreiks but its real time! Theres a variant of turn based thats in real time.
>>
Reminder that Blizzard is actively trying to destroy Diablo 2 atm
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.