[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>LITERALLY NO ONE ASKED FOR THIS I don't understand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: oxp12ahx-998474[1].jpg (52KB, 780x439px) Image search: [Google]
oxp12ahx-998474[1].jpg
52KB, 780x439px
>LITERALLY NO ONE ASKED FOR THIS

I don't understand this reaction. Is this supposed to be angry? Upset? Frustrated?
>>
>>381888168
It's supposed to be autistic
>>
>XCOM: Mario + Rabbids
I'm pretty ok with it, desu. Seems like a pretty decent game.
>>
>>381888168
>game looks like it might be a platforming-based Overwatch knockoff
>it's X-COM with Rabbids

Welp
>>
>>381888294
This isn't necessarily in reference to this game, this was just the last game I know to garner such a reaction. As I recall Prototype 2 had the same kind of response.

I just don't understand what, when people say that, they're trying to convey. So no one asked for it. No one asked Nintendo to make a game about shooting transforming squid children with multicolored ink either but it was fucking fun.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8QhvdhcaVE
So that's where the Banjo 3 music went.
>>
>>381888168
The actual reaction from most of the people is confusion: they honestly think the gameplay is good, but RABBITS and are torn apart.
>>
>>381888168
I didn't ask for it because I didn't know I wanted it.
>>
>>381888481
>As I recall Prototype 2 had the same kind of response.
Hey man I wanted Prototype 2 I just didn't want Alex to get shafted in favor of a new shit character
>>
>>381888168
>being so simple minded that you need /v/'s opinion on a game
>>
Would be funny if Mario or Peach could die and you had to replace them with some Koopa Troopa.
>>
>>381888168
I think it's more just confused. Nintendo has been so selective with their crossovers with other companies until Mario & Sonic at the special olympics and then there's this, which is not reflective of either Mario or Rabbids. Personally I'm not angry or upset or anything, just confused about who this is for.
>>
I actually feel like my heart has been violated
>>
File: baguette.png (1MB, 1417x762px) Image search: [Google]
baguette.png
1MB, 1417x762px
>"we have ALWAYS WONDERED what could happen if our crazy rabbids were unleashed upon the world of Mario..."
>...

>"Today, the dream is REALITÉ!"
>*intense cheering and excitement*
>>
>>381889473
Audience was entirely Ubisoft employees or something right?
>>
>>381889473
>>*intense cheering and excitement*
The e3 crowds are basically forced to cheer this means nothing about the actual game being shown
>>
>>381889473
>>381889657
It's called "claque", has been in use in theatres since the early 900'.
Basically people employed by the theatrical company to cheer when no one else does.
>>
>/v/ after leaks
>'THIS IS GOING TO BE SO SHIT. REEEEEEEEEEEEEE'

>/v/ after official reveal
>GOTY 2017
>>
It's just super mario 3d world with arm cannons and rabbids but no toad or roselina.... or luigi
>>
>>381890191
It is NOTHING like that.
>>
>>381890138
The leak was most likely shitty internal documents used to shill the game to the board room, and thus looked real retarded. The official reveal had actual gameplay and demonstrations, which sat a lot better with people than buzzword documents.
>>
no one asked for it, but everyone wants it.
>>
>>381890956
I don't but only because of the genre.
>>
If it were koopas or something instead of rabbits it would be amazing
>>
>>381890138
/v/ is just a contrarian at heart
>>
Kudos to Ubisoft, because they found one of the only genres Mario had yet to crack: the turn-based strategy game.
>>
>>381891701
In fact, that's one of the main reasons Miyamoto gave the game his blessing.
>>
You know what would be really neat getting Xcom 2 for the switch
>>
>>381888168
I don't know about the gameplay but the settings and genre is nice.
>>
File: 1464932148423.jpg (29KB, 279x291px) Image search: [Google]
1464932148423.jpg
29KB, 279x291px
>tfw it outsells Xcom
>>
>>381888168
No one asked for Portal either, but that doesn't mean people didn't enjoy it.
>>
>>381889473
>>381889657
or maybe they actually like them?
minions are a success among normies, which are like 90% of people
>>
I guess it looks kinda ok, but it makes me a bit sad that Miyamoto was looking towards Rayman and thought: "Rabbids. That's the real shit".
>>
>>381888674
This is fucking great
>>
>>381895770

Minions are loved by middle aged moms

Normies see them as cancer, and use them in ironic shit posting
>>
>>381895256
I think the reaction is sparked more when a low-key, mostly disregarded franchise either gets a new installment or, in the case of this, when a noteworthy franchise crosses over with something completely random, out of place, and unwanted.

Think Vader in Soul Calibur IV. Not necessarily saying the end product was a bad thing but the initial reaction was "Holy shit, what is wrong with you, Namco?"
>>
>>381889361
Xcom fans that bought switch, and as someone who grew up with jagged alliance, this game looks decent
>>
>>381888168
Peach rabbid is CUTE
>>
File: 1369168829524.jpg (22KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1369168829524.jpg
22KB, 720x540px
Remember when people thought the leak was fake? Remember when they insisted that surely someone just spent the time and effort designing and creating the high quality 3d artwork involved just to fool people a couple days before e3, all for laughs?

/v/ is filled with literal retards.
>>
>>381895967
I actually really like the rabbids cartoons, they make me laugh for some stupid fkin reason.
>>
>>381888168
together we make
the troll slayers
>>
>>381897264
Reminds me of something that happened on /mlp/ but I'll just leave it at that.
>>
>>381888168
Some crying Frenchfag did
>>
>>381895227

>Fapped to this

I dont know if ishould feel ashamed
>>
>>381888674
WAIT A FKIN MINUTE, KIRKHOPE IS MAKING THE MUSIC FOR THIS GAME. Was going to buy on release anyway, but this just makes it a million times better.
>>
>mario is fast paced action game
>this is a turn based strategy game

why would any mario fan be excited for this?
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.