[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what happened to this? Why are the big third party publishers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: 1498187518506.jpg (833KB, 2097x1388px) Image search: [Google]
1498187518506.jpg
833KB, 2097x1388px
So what happened to this? Why are the big third party publishers not putting their games on the switch?
>>
>>381887285
Wii U had a similar last....
>>
>>381887285
505 games
>Bloodstain Ritual
>Indivisble
>Portal Knights
>Terraria
Activision
>Skylanders
Arc Systems
>Untitled BlazBlue game
>Othello
>New Frontier Days
Atlus
>Untiled SMT
Namco Bandai
>One Piece
>Dragonball Xenoverse 2
Bethesda
>Skyrim
Capcom
>MHXX Switch
>SF2 HD Port
Codemasters
>Unknown project
EA
>FIFA 18
From Software
>Unknown project
Frozenbyte
>Has Been Heroes
>Nine Parchments
Grasshopper
>Untilted No More Heroes game
GungHo
>Unknown Project
Hamster
>Bunch of SNK/Metal slug ports
Inti Creates
>Blaster Master Zero
KT
>Fire Emblem Warriors
Konami
>Bomberman R
Level 5
>Unknown Project
Marvelous
>2 Untitled SK games
Maximum Games
>Troll and I
Partybit
>Untitled Derby Stallion game
Platinum
>Unknown Project
Sega
>Sonic Forces
>Sonic Mania
Spike
>
Square Enix
>DQ10,11,DQH1/2,
>I Am Setsuna
>Bunch of other projects
Take2
>NBA 2K18
>WWE 2K18
Telltale
>Minecraft Story mode
>>
>>381887519

Bamco Namdai is also working on a new Tales of game for the Switch iirc.

Square Enix has Project Octopath.

The games exist, but are probably either too early in development or too niche (at least from the Japanese devs) to show a big trade show like E3.
>>
>>381887519
>>381887845
Where are the big AAA games though? Where is overwatch, cod, assassins creed, star wars battlefront, anthem and any other games that were shown at E3?
>>
>>381887285
Because the Switch is basically a revised WiiU. From a developer and AAA publishers point of view very little has changed from the WiiU.
>>
>>381887920
On consoles that are easy to port from one to the other.
>>
>>381887920
In the trash

>>381888329
Except hardware, controller, sales etc
>>
>>381887920
You want more multi plats as opposed to exclusives? I would just assume the poeple who want and regularly play and pay for CoD and AC etc already have a system on which to run them, eitherr a current gen console or a PC. and thats kinda who it seemed like the marketing was focused on. "Hey remember all the stuff you bought last year? Want some more?"
>>
File: consider the following iwata.jpg (96KB, 603x598px) Image search: [Google]
consider the following iwata.jpg
96KB, 603x598px
>>381887285
I can PROMISE you that ALL major Japanese 3rd Paerties are lining up to put games on the thing as Switch is fucking massacring all other consoles and handhelds in Japan.
>>
Fucking Skyrim has to be downgraded before getting a Switch port. And now you know how bad it is.
>>
>>381888640
consider kys
>>
>>381887285
Normally these pictures are drawn when there is nothing real to showcase
>>
>>381888585
He doesn't want anything he's just trying to shitpost and imply publishers are abandoning the Switch, and that it's another Wii U.
When the reality is the opposite yet these retards are so desperate for another failure they're blinded themselves to all evidence of the alternative.
>>
cant wait for the platinum games announcement.
>>
>>381888814
Are you projecting or something? Nintendo promised that they'll have all the third party support, yet the biggest games are not on the system. You might not care for them but I do. You do not speak for me and I don't speak for you, I'm not part of your retarded fanboy club. Stop pretending that no opinion except your own can be legitimate.
>>
>>381887285
Because Switch has an install base of 3 million max at the moment. If they have 15 million by this time next year they will get those sweet downgraded ports.
>>
>>381887519
>Square Enix
Octopath Traveler
>>
>>381888927
>I want shitty triple A crap
>I want shitty triple A crap downgraded
90% of AAA crap is trash.
The 10% that's not should be played on PC.

I own a copy of FFXV and I'd tear it in two and shit on it if it meant getting Project Octopath quicker. At least the bravely team knows how to make a good rpg.
>>
>>381889086
You do not speak for me. Do you not understand that? And why should your opinion of games affect my enjoyment of them? You should get help with your god complex because you are obviously not accepting any other persons taste or opinion on anything.
>>
>>381889187
I actually know your taste personally. He sent me a letter the other day, it read "I like eating shit"
>>
>>381888395
I have a Switch. It feels like I'm playing the WiiU, the games line up feel like we have been here before with the WiiU. They wanted to make an open world Zelda game, but the WiiU is not powerful enough for their vision, so they hold it off so a better version can come out on the new console. Yet it runs just as shit as the WiiU version with garbage FPS in towns. Having the opening game for a new system struggle is not a great sign. The ecosystem is still shit like the WiiU, in fact worse as we will soon have to pay for it. All they did is changed the architecture, moved the internals into an updated screen controller.

As a dev AAA publishers want easy porting between eco systems. The Switch presents all the same problems the WiiU offered. Why do you think MH has moved for its principal version. Because the Switch provides no opportunity for the franchise to evolve and move forward.
>>
>>381889251
PS4 struggled with Bloodborne, now look at what they did with Uncharted and Horizon.
>>
>>381889251
>with garbage FPS in towns
And this is how I know you don't actually own a Switch.
The Switch version doesn't have fps drops in the towns, that's the Wii U version champ.
>>
>>381889350
Wrong, some towns give you heavy fps drops if you fly in and the korok town is the worst
>>
File: 1498348013141.png (215KB, 300x350px) Image search: [Google]
1498348013141.png
215KB, 300x350px
>>381887285
>buying a Nintendo console for 3rd party games
That's why you quit being such a poorfag and build a PC.

Whoever got the dumb idea that Nintendo consoles were anything more than just a machine to play Nintendo games on was fucking retarded.
>>
>>381889251
>Why do you think MH has moved for its principal version
Because MH1 was console exclusive before the portable version came out?
Because MH2 was console exclusive before the portable version came out?
Because MH3 was console exclusive before the portable version came out?

The one exception to the rule is 4th gen. We're just back to the MH new gen (console) -> MH new gen with like 2 new monsters (portable) -> MH new gen G version (portable)
>>
>>381889403
Tall grass gives you fps drops, not towns.
The korok forest just happens to have a shit tons of foliage.
>>
>>381887920
AHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>381889350
Switch owners on suicide watch
>>
>>381887519
TBQH I am most excited for the untitled From Software title, SMTV, and anything else Konami might put out (they have hinted at a Castlevania game, though possibly not on Switch).

Having just bought a Switch along with Zelda BOTW and Bomberman, I have to admit the Switch's library is quite threadbare at the moment. But I'm sure the third party games will come in a torrent once we hit 2018, if only for the fact that this is Nintendo's next handheld (whether we like it or not). Their handhelds have always been huge with third party devs, and basically equivalent to Sony's domination of the console market. Merging their handheld and console audiences is going to be huge for them.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.