[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Beyond Good & Evil 2 is making a lot of promises we've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: Beyond-Good-and-Evil-2-Reveal.jpg (63KB, 914x514px) Image search: [Google]
Beyond-Good-and-Evil-2-Reveal.jpg
63KB, 914x514px
>"No gameplay was shown at E3, only a behind-closed-doors tech demo showing off some of what its engine can do. In an interview with creator Michel Ancel, he said he considered the game to be at "day one of development," which is not encouraging for a sequel that's already had its share of false starts. Worse though, that admission exposes that very little of what's been revealed about Beyond Good and Evil 2 so far has actually been executed. A lot of it is just ideas and promises right now—and they're promises we've heard before. "

>"In-engine demo footage has now been publically released (embedded below), and seeing how little of an actual game Ubisoft has to show us really tipped me over the edge from being cautiously optimistic to just plain skeptical. The amount of times Ancel says they "want" something to work a certain way, before describing a feature straight out of No Man's Sky or Star Citizen is alarming. Those games aren't exactly the best company to be in when you're comparing promises—the former was an overhyped bore, and the latter is taking a long time, and a lot of public funding, to coalesce."

What is Ubisoft doing with out game, /v/? Are you hyped?

http://www.pcgamer.com/beyond-good-evil-2-is-making-a-lot-of-promises-weve-heard-before/
>>
>2017
>still playing ubisoft games
>>
File: Beyond-Good-and-Evil-2-Pigman.jpg (160KB, 1389x717px) Image search: [Google]
Beyond-Good-and-Evil-2-Pigman.jpg
160KB, 1389x717px
>>381881973
>"A Ubisoft blog post last week was filled with quotes from Ancel that sounded hauntingly familiar: "When you see the sunset, it’s not just colors, it’s the real sun going into this position," he said of the sky viewed from a planet's surface. “Even us, we don’t know exactly what’s on this planet. We know there are things, but we don’t know exactly where they are, we don’t know exactly what it is,” he said of the procedural generation. These two claims are almost identical to statements from Hello Games before the release of No Man's Sky."

>"I don't think I'd ever compare Beyond Good and Evil to Grand Theft Auto, but that's exactly what Ancel has done for the prequel. So it's a different style of game, has a different cast of characters, is set in an age where the events of the first game haven't happened yet, has a different tone, and is focusing its marketing on procedural effects and exploring a massive, online solar system in huge spaceships... How is this a Beyond Good and Evil game, again?"
>>
To be fair (I have no stake in this as I don't care about this game, unless it comes out and is good), this is a game by an actual established developer (Ancel) and company (Ubisoft). They have a ton of money they could sink into this.
>>
>>381881973
No Monkey's Sky
>>
>>381881973
Two monkeys as the protagonists?
>>
>>381883513
Racist, they're two PoCs.
>>
File: 1495949352228.jpg (104KB, 750x672px) Image search: [Google]
1495949352228.jpg
104KB, 750x672px
It's going to be a total disaster, mark my fucking words
They blew all that money on a fancy trailer but there's no game yet, just huge promises and lofty ambitions
It's going to be standard Ubishit open world garbage whenever it comes out in the next decade maybe
>>
I just wanna see the chicks armpits a lot.
>>
>>381881973
Its just people giving the franchise name way too much credit.
>>
>>381882631
This.
Hello Games was a literal nobody company with no business aiming for a goal as big as No Man's Sky, and Star Citizen reeks of terribly inexperienced management with far too many resources and no plan for using them.

Ancel has been in game design since 1995 and Ubisoft has more than enough experience to at least make the game materialize.
>>
The video demo they showed off did look pretty cool. Everything was pretty seamless mechanically. And sure there wasnt much in the way of content but at the same time i guess that despite getting the go ahead to make it, they want to see what peoples reactions are like before going too deep. Graphics while nice were also kinda bare for alot of the generated areas but I can forgive that if its still early, just get the barebones in for now.
Overall im still excited, the gameplay so far wasnt a scripted set of events like other people always do to show off stuff, it was just Ancel sitting and chatting, pressing a few dev commands to show off some of the aspects their working on.
>>
>>381881973
Nigga, I ain't hyped for shit ubisoft does. I am hyped for the hate threads.
>>
>>381882043
Obviously isn't one, got the Prey treatment.
>>
>>381882043
>the golden pig statuette is actually a metaphor for the game itself
>the monkey is Ubisoft
>we're the fat pig fuck
>>
>>381885678
true
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.