[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>slowly coming to the realization that I hate loot systems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: Sly-Carrot-533x300.png (193KB, 533x300px) Image search: [Google]
Sly-Carrot-533x300.png
193KB, 533x300px
>slowly coming to the realization that I hate loot systems

>modern games just contain so much worthless loot

I just want pick ups and upgrades to be meaningful.... Less quantity and more quality. You guys know Conan the Barbarian (the Arnold version)? He falls in a pit and finds a fucking RAD sword. It's a badass moment and I feel a solid RPG could handle loot in similar ways. Why would he pick up every piss poor weapon he finds off of every bandit he kills? He wouldn't, because he earned his weapon through adventure; not to mention carrying that insane magnitude of garbage makes zero sense whatsoever.
>>
"RPG" elements are cancer that needs to be removed from all games.
>>
>>381879521
Breath of the Wild, I think, did a good job by side-stepping the issue somewhat, since loot is not fixed equipment, but rather a ressource. So I would agree with the notion that is not a satisfying solution for all games.
>>
Consider the difference between Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2, that's what happens if you remove most of your loot.
>>
yall are posting in a neogaf thread
>>
>>381881718
This is a good point, if you just receive a weapon every few hours of main quest line, you're not paying attention to anything but ammunition from grunts. It's kind of like deciding not to loot at all, and instead the game just shoves an upgrade at you when you hit an arbitrary plot point. I think I'd prefer regular loot systems.
>>
>>381879521
_ _____ ____ ____ _____
>>
>>381879521
Stop playing western and rpg trash.
>>
I cant fucking stand fiddly crafting systems. I dont want my inventory clogged up with 69 Gold Nuts, 165 Cum Jellies and 101 Extra Heavy Overencumbering Tit Plates to make a new gun. Just give the the fucking gun in a dungeon or have me buy it later.
>>
>>381882728
>Implying JRPGs don't flood you with useless loot too
>>
File: 1452425245155.jpg (73KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1452425245155.jpg
73KB, 400x400px
>Crafting system requires you to hoard junk
Stop
>>
>>381882935
>and rpg trash

Stop playing trash.
>>
You cant because game designers dont understand reward and gameplay systems anymore.
All the while autistic pigs devour spreadsheet loot games
>>
>>381882985
So in a discussion about loot tables your solution is 'don't play a game with loot at all'

You don't belong in this discussion, kiddo.
>>
File: 1339273882850.jpg (48KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1339273882850.jpg
48KB, 600x600px
Even simple loot can be done well.
>Play Gothic 1
>Find some scrolls of transform into bloodfly
>Suddenly I can hover at sanic speeds
>This changes everything I believed in
>>
I actually love RPG elements in all of my games so throw more at me
>>
>>381879521
I agree, but entirely with the context of NOT being the case in RPGs. And to be fair, some games do do this, but again not RPGs. Think of DMC or something, getting a new weapon in that is important and neat. Or hell, plenty of FPS games like Half-Life 2 did that pretty well.

The problem is that singleplayer games with solid pacing and progression are literally fucking dead outside of QTE-fest non-game jokes, like the big sony exclusives and shit.
>>
>>381884010
Zelda?
>>
>>381884061
>BOTW
>solid pacing and progression
I liked the game but come on
>>
>>381879521
I actually think this is one of the things Souls games generally do right. There are no normal, rare, epic, legendary weapons. You can take that longsword through the whole game if you want, or you can design builds are certain weapons. Although I didnt play Bloodborne, it probably did it best on how much it reduced the loot. Each weapon has 2 forms and it entirely unique from one another. Its one of the biggest selling points for the game, and Im surprised it hasnt been used in other games.
>>
>>381882968
>>381879521
>furfags
KEK
>>
>>381883217
The transformation scrolls in that game are so damn fun. You can even sneak back into the Old Camp by transforming into a bug and crawling underneath the gate.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.