[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this game still active? Was thinking about getting it since

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: siege.jpg (92KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
siege.jpg
92KB, 1280x720px
Is this game still active? Was thinking about getting it since its on sale but dont want to throw away cash if the player base isnt healthy.
>>
>>381878868
It's pretty alive, just extremely bug ridden with unstable servers.

I'd get it if only because it's pretty fun
>>
File: 1497430789369.png (350KB, 807x664px) Image search: [Google]
1497430789369.png
350KB, 807x664px
>>381878868
The player base has been growing since launch. Operation Health has stagnated it at the moment but it'll rise again in August
>>
Yeah it's alive
Ubisoft got their shit together since launch and managed to save the game
There's a big learning curve though
>>
>>381879330
How did they do it though. Pretty much every game they shit out is terrible, before and after. Compare Wildlands to Siege
>>
Is the "starter edition" the one I should go with. I've heard it makes the game a complete fucking grind though by making operators cost more points.
>>
>>381879508
I personally think Ubisoft has been consistently putting out games with interesting concepts, just they have been overly jewing everyone in the process. Other than their main franchises they have been putting out some alright games, at least conceptually.

Rainbow Six Siege, For Honor, Watch Dogs 2 was a massive improvement to Watch Dogs 1, The Division had a couple interesting mechanics, Steep, Rayman Legends, and they are the publishers of the South Park RPGs.
>>
>>381879661
It's the Corean edition. 15 bucks but it'll take you like 10-15 hours to unlock each operator. Compared to standard edition where each op takes like 0.5-2 hours
>>
>>381879661
don't get the starter edition
>>
>>381879661
yes grinding is bad
unless you dont care about grinding and just want to play the game
in which case youll have the same amount of fun
i got all the opers i wanted with just the starter edition and i didnt once feel like i was grinding
the game was that fun for me
>>
>>381879732
>>381879661
Actually its the summer sale right now. There's even less incentive to get the starter edition
>>
>game is a year old
>have to ask if it's still active

Ha ha, oh wow. That's the state of multiplayer videogames nowadays.
>>
>>381879508
Post-release interviews revealed that Siege was a project handed off to a small team to salvage something out of the money spent on the canceled Rainbow Six: Patriots game. They were gearing up on making The Division their premier long-term multiplayer shooter, so it looks like Siege's release slipped under Ubisoft's notice without their micromanaging everything into dullness. There are lots of bugs, but it still fills a niche in the FPS genre, so players are willing to put up with it.
>>
>>381880084
Pretty much. Game was not treated well at launch and it's not one of the BIG multiplayer games.
>>
>>381879508
The fact that we're guaranteed constant content lmao Health'd makes it pretty attractive and survivable as a game
>>
>>381878868
>if the player base isnt healthy

It's active but the player base isn't healthy, they're all bugcharsers seeking to get pozzed.
>>
>>381880368
Alpha packs will grow the player base but skinfaggots are all going to be subhuman
>>
>>381879661
Yes
You get 200~ renown per game depending on your performance
Starter turns operator cost from 500-2000 to like 20000
>>
File: no korea.jpg (74KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
no korea.jpg
74KB, 640x480px
>>381879787
>>
>>381880084
that's the state of matchmaking multiplayer games
>>
>>381881050
good thing no one was talking about korean mmorpgs, which siege isnt either
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.