[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't get the point of this re-release. It's practically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 5467448941561.jpg (138KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
5467448941561.jpg
138KB, 1280x720px
I don't get the point of this re-release. It's practically the same game, just with a new and honestly better combat system. From what I've played so far, the puzzles/quests/everything else is the exact same.

So, I'm guessing Funcom wanted to move away from the old game and try and get as much money they can out of this "re-release".
>>
Isn't it f2p now?
>>
>>381878229
Kinda, there's some stuff hidden behind a sub. Like being able to create guilds and direct trading.
>>
>>381878578
Well, then that's the point of the rerelease, isn't it?
In a world where almost every MMO turns f2p after some time, they decided to cover it by adding a suffix to their name.
>>
I can never get past Egypt due to boredom.
>>
Did they really remove all the synergies and proc stuff, because that pretty much was the combat system?
>>
>>381879042
They removed the synergies, but every weapon now has a specific proc. Like AR's now have a grenade proc, which you have to use an ability that uses the grenade or, after 6 seconds, it blows up in your face, damaging you. Of course, Funcom forgot that most old builds didn't have grenade abilities, and if you have an ability that can proc a grenade, it still procs. So you have no way to get rid of it and you effectively shoot yourself in the foot every time it procs.

The other weapon procs aren't nearly as bad, but some of them are just plain dumb. The pistol proc is literally just playing rng roulette for more damage, and fists are just punch at things until meter if full, proc it and have extra damage/healing for a bit.
>>
>TSW setting
>Actual dialogue choices for your character and a branching storyline
>Proper action combat
Why haven't they done this yet?
>>
Is it literally the same content? If so, does it include the DLC?
>>
>>381879407
>Why haven't they done this yet?

Because it would have been a good game. Can't have that.

It bugs the shit out of me that they completely squandered this re-release. The quests/stories, puzzles and atmosphere are literally top-notch. Adding a few things like lines for your character or using your phone for more than just turning in quests/reading quest texts and a whole slew of other cool things Funcom could have added makes me want to smash my head into a wall.
>>
>>381879671
As far as I know, yes, it includes all the Issues/DLC packs from the original TSW.
>>
>>381879972
Been thinking of trying it for months if not years.

Worth getting into?
>>
>>381880027
It's definitely worth a shot but the gameplay and dungeons are fucking abysmal.The game knocks it out of the park with the quests, dialogue world building and art design but the combat is so bad it makes runescape look great. Shit, the gameplay is actually worse than runescape's EoC.
>>
>>381880027
If you haven't played the old game, go for it. The game is really good for lore autists like myself. The entire world is filled to the brim in lore and the quests are really fun and immersive. The voice acting is a bit cheesy but in my opinion it adds to the game. PvE has many diverse builds, each weapon being able to excel at something (The game has a semi-holy trinity going on, but it's a bit more mixed). And with being able to master all the weapons, there's no need for alts which is a plus for me.

I haven't tried PvP yet, but it was really cookie-cutter burst garbage from the original game, but It might have changed with the new combat system, so I don't really know yet.
>>
I can actually get what they're trying to do if they made it a re-release, but no they kept the old game intact and continuing support/dev on it.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.