[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

Is the first Deus Ex game worth bying /v/? Currently I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: DeusExCover.png (623KB, 600x745px) Image search: [Google]
DeusExCover.png
623KB, 600x745px
Is the first Deus Ex game worth bying /v/? Currently I'm interested in bying it since It's on sale on Steam but I want to hear out your opinion
>>
As far as I'm concerned you shouldn't play any other game until you play deus ex

Because you will realise all.other games will never be as good as deus ex and you'll dedicate your life to better pursuits
>>
It's probably worth a lot more than what ever they are charging. Just buy it you degenerate
>>
Also get the fuck off /v/ you fucking faggot having not even played deus ex

Kys

I mean it can't be more than 5 fucking dollars on sale how fucking poor are you
>>
>>381868994
One of the best games ever made.

Holds up and beats other games 17 years later.
>>
It is, don't drop it at Liberty island, though. That's the mistake most people make, me included.
>>
>>381868994

It's not worth buying because the money won't go to the devs, but it's absolutely worth it to play it.
>>
>>381870502
I'm playing through Deus Ex for the first time right now, I don't see why everyone hates Liberty Island so much. It's not like the rest of the game is that much of a step up, especially in terms of mission structure.
>>
>>381871023
Yeah i don't get it either, it may be a bit large and expansive for a newbie but even on repeat playthroughs its not terrible like KOTOR 1 & 2's tutorials.
>>
File: mirror.png (76KB, 322x210px) Image search: [Google]
mirror.png
76KB, 322x210px
What do you mean by first Deus Ex? It's the one and only game in the series.
>>
It's the best game ever made.

Imagine working in the video game industry knowing you'll never make a better game than Deus Ex.
>>
>>381871205
HR & MD exist now, we don't make that joke anymore.
>>
>>381868994
I played it in 2015 for the first time and it's one of my favorites now, so yeah it's worth buying for whatever dirt cheap price it is now.
>>
File: JC at computer.png (87KB, 455x451px)
JC at computer.png
87KB, 455x451px
>>381868994
The combat is fucking awful early game, but it gets better as you go on. Definitely follow some kind of guide to max out and upgrade your weapons ASAP.

Without the proper upgrades all ranged weapons are retardedly inaccurate to the point of only being effective at point-blank range.
>>
>>381871291
>MD

You must love your microtransactions and day-one DLC
>>
>>381871769
You must love stupid memes.
>>
>>381871291
Nah... even discounting the casualised gameplay, those games feel sterile and boring compared to Deus Ex. The world isn't as interesting and the lore just doesn't feel as deep.
>>
>>381868994
PAUL
>>
>>381868994

nope. Anybody telling you otherwise played it in the early 00's or late 90's and is completely biased.

It's crap for today.
>>
>>381871887
Mankind Divided has far deeper stealth and gameplay mechanics than the first one, stop being a retarded nostalgiafaggot.
>>
You better double check your systems
>>
>>381868994
i hate pc games, and even i loved deus ex so give it a try

kind of janky, but youll get the hang of it easily
>>
File: saves.jpg (223KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
saves.jpg
223KB, 1600x900px
>>381871989
I played it to completion for the first time ever a few days ago and it's immediately one of the best games I've ever played. The first level puts people off because everything is so spread out, the game becomes much more focused and tighter later on.
>>
>>381871125
If it was KH2 levels of excruciating I could understand, but literally feels no different than the rest of the game.
>>
>>381868994
The shooting and stealth are mediocre, but the level design is quite good. It only becomes great when you become invested in the story and the world, so you need to give it some time if you don't get hooked right away.
>>
>>381871989
t. adhd modern AAA cinematic console shooter babby
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.