[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay, I know it's only 18 bucks right now, but is Pillars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: POS.jpg (60KB, 915x585px) Image search: [Google]
POS.jpg
60KB, 915x585px
Okay, I know it's only 18 bucks right now, but is Pillars worth it?
>>
>>381842574
If you like CRPGs then yes.
>>
>>381842574

I think it is, however lowered expectations are probably key. I followed the kickstarter and found it boring as fuck when it came out, but after coming back to it with the patches + expansions I loved it.
>>
It's bland and boring
>>
>>381842574
if you like reading text it's great

this post was not ironic
>>
>>381842574
It's comfy and a lot of fun!
>>
>>381842837

Same here. Also playing on the highest difficulty made it much more enjoyable. You actually had to employ strategies to win the toughest fights. The only downside of playing on that difficulty is that you can't really use the story NPCs, unless you go and tweak their stats to be better suited for their classes in the .ini files.
>>
>>381842574
performance is shit
game breaking bugs after 2 years
story is average at best
combat is terrible dont trust anyone who says otherwise
>>
They raised the base price right before the sale.
>>
At that price? Definitely. If you get halfway through the game and are still having a good time, get the expansions too.
>>
>>381843543
No, they didn't. Not in America, at least.

http://steamspy.com/app/291650
>>
>>381843543
i know but im not idealistic enough to boycott buying from them. its still cheaper than it usually is
>>
If you like crpgs it's pretty good.

Dlc was good, though only one of the companions it added was worth a damn. There's quite a few loading screens as well.

Also a bit of advice, ignore any named NPCs that has a gold name (or was it background?) As those are just backer made ones. They do nothing except let you read their soul's and get a story about them.
>>
bro dark souls + shinoin japanese spirit fucking destroys this trash
>>
File: ap_background.jpg (413KB, 1920x1079px) Image search: [Google]
ap_background.jpg
413KB, 1920x1079px
>>381842574
I avoided it since release because I heard mixed things about it, but I decided to finally play it last week because of PoE 2, honestly it's fucking great. I played 40 hours in a few days, currently doing White March.
>>
>>381843543
Only in 3rd world shitholes like Br*zil and R*ssia.
>>
File: Bro-est of bros.jpg (38KB, 265x418px) Image search: [Google]
Bro-est of bros.jpg
38KB, 265x418px
>>381842574
It's my first cRPG and I'm thoroughly impressed with it so far. The soundtrack is great, party companions are interesting, and the world-building is top notch. My main gripe is the slow pacing of the beginning, but it really picks up after you're given the keep. I would also keep clear of any NPC's with golden nameplates (they're written by community backers and break the game's atmosphere with self-insert special snowflake backstories)
>>
File: disappointed druid.jpg (152KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
disappointed druid.jpg
152KB, 900x900px
>>381844527
>godlike are super rare
>like 50% of backer NPCs are godlikes

I honestly wouldn't have minded them if they were:
1. Not labeled golden
2. Were intractable in some way
They could have just written them into the quests. But I guess that would be hard to do since everyone's NPC is a "super hero tough guy loner half-demon"
>>
>>381844903
>1. Not labeled golden
Fuck that. The golden plates are great. Makes avoiding them far easier.

>2. Were intractable in some way
This would have been great, though. Thimbleweed Park has an option to remove all backer references. It would be nice to have some option that just turns all of them into generic civilian NPCs that are appropriate depending on the map.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.