[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Im new to CRPG's should I start with something like baldurs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: Baldurs.png (186KB, 449x350px) Image search: [Google]
Baldurs.png
186KB, 449x350px
If Im new to CRPG's should I start with something like baldurs gate or are the older ones too dated and I should try divinity or pillars?
>>
>>381837181

Play them in whatever order you like.

Divinity and Baldurs Gate are excellent choices
>>
Nothing about baldurs gate is dated except the graphics i guess but i thought it looked fine personally, beautiful at some points. I was actually really surprised by how much i liked the gameplay and i wish more rpgs followed suit
>>
If you start with Baldur's Gate: get the Enhanced Edition on GoG, it's 1) easier than the old version, but 2) comes with it, so that you can switch to that at some point if you just want to see how it originally was.

Divinity is also a good place to start. The original, Divine Divinity, is hard but not impossible and is an excellent game; Divinity: OS is a good update.

I'm honestly not a fan of Pillars, though I so, so wanted to be.

There's also Morrowind if you want to go the 1st person open-world route for CRPGs. I prefer Baldur's Gate-style, though.
>>
>>381837181
Pillars is garbage, avoid at all costs. Bg1 is good but the original is very dated, get bg1 EE and avoid the new content beamdog made (same thing for bg2)

Divinity is really fun but is turn based in a different manner.
>>
>>381837181
You should go straight up for Pillars of Eternity.
CRPG done right, and it's this gen game.

Don't ever got with Divinity crpg games, they're shit.
Only good Divinity game is Ego Draconis and it's just rpg not crpg.
>>
Try Divinity: OS first. It's a good mix of old and new designs. Pillars is just a shittier BG2, play BG2 instead, it's awesome.
>>
>>381838730

Pillars sucks

Divinity shits all over it
>>
>>381839337
kys
>>
>>381839249
Pillars is BG2 without the shitty 2e combat
>>
>>381839515
no it isn't. Pillars is shitty combat with a shitty development system all wrapped in a shitty story.
>>
File: PoE = BG3.jpg (315KB, 1779x670px) Image search: [Google]
PoE = BG3.jpg
315KB, 1779x670px
>>381839695
>>381839337
>>381839249
>>381838491
Deal with it.
>>
>>381840268
different game, setting, characters, lore etc. There never needed to be a bg3. Even if there was it was ToB, not PoE.
>>
>>381841967
It is the same game, if you played PoE and read about cancelled BG3, you should know that the plot and lore is similar, the characters burden, grief, and suffering the concequences is what leads the game.
Same game, different name, upgraded engine, graphics, gameplay, etc.
But your probably didn't played PoE, or at least not more than 10 mins.
>>
>>381837181
You should start with CRPGs you like. BG might be a good start because BG2 is objectively the best RPG ever made, but BG1 is a pretty rough around the edges. Also look into Gothic 2, Grimrock, and World of Xeen. Good, fairly easy CRPGs.
>>
>>381842264
>Gothic 2
>CRPG
top kek
>>
>>381837181
>playing sjw shit
>>
>>381842459
>can only be played on a computer
>not a computer roleplaying game

what did he mean by this
>>
>>381837181
Thought this was Chinese RPGs while scrolling.
>>
>>381843664
>cRPG
>Classic Role-Playing Game
>>
>>381842236
I played it for 12-18 hours I believe, don't wanna bother checking. It was shit. The only people who think it is good are the ones that never played BG, Planescape, or IWD in their prime and are just joining the genre now.
>>
>>381845985
It's computer, you idiot. Not classic. This term has been around for as long as vidya rpgs exist.
>>
>>381845020

It could be anon!
>>
>>381846228
>the ones that never played BG, Planescape, or IWD in their prime
So basically anyone who isn't a nostalgia fag stuck in 1998? I played through BG 1 and 2 before playing PoE, quit in ToB because I couldn't take any more of the shitty one hit kill counter spells countering counter spells combat.
>>
>>381848230
so you never bothered to learn the game and quit what should have been a cakewalk because.... you never bothered to learn the game?

Nevermind, Pillars is just your speed.
>>
Ignore everyone in this thread. pillars, divinity, planescape torment, baldurs gate, icewindale are all great
>>
>>381837181
Play Fallout 1 instead
>>
>>381848374
Keep assuming things faggot.
>>
>>381837181
Baldur's Gate is a good start

Icewind Dale is also a good choice if you prefer a more linear story and the ability to make multiple characters

If you are interested in more D&D style games Neverwinter Nights is also great

Also, all of these have phenomenal sequels that are arguably better than the original.
>>
>>381848829
what am I assuming? You stopped ToB because it was too hard for you. You stated that spells were killing you and implied you had no method to deal with them. Explain why you suck and I'll tell you that ya suck mate.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.