[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Xbox-PC cross play added to ranked play after extensive testing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

>Xbox-PC cross play added to ranked play after extensive testing lead to the conclusion that keyboard and mouse does not have a significant advantage vs controller
What the fuck happened bros, I thought KB/M was the best?!
>>
better players will still be better. And desu pc players aren't very good at games that take skill.
>>
KB/M IS better for games that actually require aim, gears is about bouncing between walls and barrel stuffing the enemy with your shotgun.
>>
>>381835541
>extensive testing lead

Didn't another FPS try this ages ago and stopped because controller players were BTFO by M/K players?
>>
feels unnatural playing on kbm when I used to play it on consoles
>>
Nobody, and absolutely no one in the whole world plays on the PC. It has to be 1% of the population.
>>
Probably only like 8 pc players considering it's only available through the windows store.
>>
they designed the game this way and its not even a fps think mouse and keys are better for tekken or rocket league. some people on this board right now outright prefer controller on 3rd person games
>>
>>381835541
When the game came out on pc you couldn't get into a ranked match since the player base was low not enough people were on to match make properly
>>
>>381836024
Timeline of Gears 4 crossplay
>Game releases: Crossplay is enabled for story and horde PVE modes
>December: Devs put up a week of cross play in unranked PVP matches to test how balanced it is
>January: Devs say the crossplay week went "well" and added crossplay for an extended "trial" to make sure the week wasn't a fluke, crossplay is enabled for the next 5 months for unranked PVP
>June: Devs say that after the trial they are confident enough to add cross play to ranked mode and add ranked cross play
>>
the plebs who willingly install w10 + use the store + buy the game aren't that gud
>>
It really depends on how sensitive the auto-aim is. If console players can hit L trigger and auto lock from anywhere they can have an advantage.
>>
>>381835541
This might be the only shooting game it isn't better so I believe it.
>>
Probably worst example of why kbm would be better. Get back to me when they put a real shooter cross play.
>>
>>381835541
If KB/M is equal, then let console players hook up keyboard and mice via USB.
>>
>>381836024
probably Shodowrun 2007?
>>
>>381836014
this
>>
>>381837354
Shadowrun still has crossplay, they never got rid of it. Although updates caused crossplay voice chat to break.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.