[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I started saving for my first "gaming" PC. Can someone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 1492067985071.png (697KB, 800x1120px) Image search: [Google]
1492067985071.png
697KB, 800x1120px
I started saving for my first "gaming" PC. Can someone tell me how much cash should I have to buy a decent one? It doesn't have to be made from all new parts.
Also I will just mention that I live in eastern jurop, working for minimal wage. That means, the best I can do is ~ 500$, and even that's a little to much.
Also general spec thread I guess.
>>
>Yurop

I recommend investing in a helium tank instead, Yuros are subhuman.
>>
http://www.logicalincrements.com/
>>
>>381831613

$500 won't net you any sort of 'gaming' PC.

A gaming PC that can play games like Battlefield 1, Witcher 3, etc etc are at least 800-1200 for 1080p at ultra settings.
>>
$500 should get you a passable budget PC. Nothing to rave about, but it'll work. You're already on the first step by establishing your budget.
>>
>>381831613
underage

also be prepared to spend at least a thousand eurobucks if you want to play any recent games (3 years or less) with graphics high/very high
>>
>>381831613
I spent 500 on my first pc back in 2014. It ran bf4 at high settings at 1080p 60fps
>>
try get a second hand custom pc with at least an i5. i just upgraded from a gtx770. i want sell for £80 that would make a good gpu for a first time buyer. also an i5 clocked over 3ghz will deliver a good gaming machine before you even get a gpu
>>
File: Ciut.jpg (70KB, 700x790px) Image search: [Google]
Ciut.jpg
70KB, 700x790px
>>381832094
Can you tell what CPU and GPU you bought? And were they new parts or used ones?
>>381831935
I dont need 1080-ultra-120 fps games, just need one that I could comfortably play recent games at medium with 40/50 fps
>>381832028
>underage
I wish ;_;
>>
>>381832947

Well what games are you going to be playing?

I mean, yeah for 500-600 you can get an 'alright' one, but you'd have to do a lot of shopping around for wickedly low deals
>>
>>381831613
How about you save up longer instead of limiting yourself. A good rule to follow is "I can afford anything, but I can't afford everything". Save up longer and maybe skimp on some other wants that you can do without
>>
>>381832947
the 2gb gtx 770 plays everything out there fair enough it struggling and cant render everything on max (prey) but its fps dont give in even after it vram runs out should make that as your entry level card
>>
>>381831909
this
>>
>>381833252
Just wanted to play shit like BF4, Hitman 2016, Prey, maybe ME trillogy and some /gsg/.

The best computer I ever had, was one with i3-40050 only, and most recent console was PS2. I don't have huge expectations, just want to play some games that aren't from <2003
>>
>>381833917
ryzen 1600
a b350 motherboard
some 16GB of compatible RAM, pay fucking attention to the RAM if it works on the motherboard
a cheap SSD
a PSU that doesn't blow up
a cardboard box for a case
>>
>>381833610
I would had to save cash from 3/4 months of work, without spending a coin on anything else. And I would rather kill myself than doing that.
>>
>>381833917
the 770 will play all them games nicely but prey you need need at least 4gb vram for prey otherwise sone stuff just wont get rendered
>>
get a ryzen 1600 and pick up an older amd gpu when ethereum bubbles over and crashes
maybe 600 right there not including a monitor
>>
>>381834129
Save longer then. I get it, minimum wage sucks, I worked for $7.25 for like 3 years. When I wanted something expensive I saved up a little from each check for like a year. Sometimes I would not be able to save the amount I wanted because of expenses, other times I could save more. The reminder of what I was saving for kept me on track though. Consider getting second hand parts and then upgrading them later, if you refuse to wait for something better
>>
>>381834129
You need to endure. Enduring is for women but in your case being a wage cuck you have no choice.
>>
i5 will get you all the emulators even some games dont need gpu at all could play mw2 without gpu and still be top end of leaderboard
>>
>>381835086
dolphin on i5 thats six months of gaming and saving for a gpu
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.