[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>2004 >Releases a single player game with forced online

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Hltob-win-cover.jpg (85KB, 256x324px) Image search: [Google]
Hltob-win-cover.jpg
85KB, 256x324px
>2004
>Releases a single player game with forced online registration and a requirement for a program to run in the background
>This is praised
>Anyone else attempts to something similar
>They get scorned by every video game community
>No real games released from them in years
>Most beloved franchise has been resting for a decade
>Prostituting their own games with hats and knives
>Still seen as one of the icons of the PC mustard rice

There is not a company more shielded from criticism than Valve. How did this happen?
>>
>>381828956
>Releases a single player game with forced online registration and a requirement for a program to run in the background
>This is praised
Anon you can't start your post with an outright lie and expect me to read the rest of it.
>>
>>381828956
what forced online registration? the fuck ard you on?
>>
>>381829418
Steam, moron.
>>
>>381829418
I think he's talking about Counter Strike Source
>>
>>381828956
>>381829567
the difference is its not trash
>>
>>381828956
>Prostituting their own games with hats and knives
>2004

TF2 Didn't come out until 2007, and the goldrush update didn't come out until 2008. It took until then for them to release the first weapons and hats that weren't in the base game.
>>
>>381828956
>this is praised
No it wasn't. Steam was fucking garbage and everyone hated it.
>>
>>381829567
i think ur actually retarded
>>
>This is praised
Oh my sweet summer child...
>>
>>381829831
<----
>oh my sweet summer child
>>
>>381829685
It was when HL2 EP2 was released
>>
>>381828956
everyone hated Steam at first, it wasn't until later that it improved and people started to like it
>>
>>381829719
It's referring to Half-Life 2 being the first Steam exclusive.
>>
>>381830989
Does it still count as an exclusive when it was also on the XBig?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.