[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should the Metroid Prime and mainline games take place in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 241
Thread images: 38

File: metroid_prime.0.jpg (110KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
metroid_prime.0.jpg
110KB, 1200x800px
Or would you prefer Prime existing in it's own continuity?
>>
File: 1497560817367.jpg (7KB, 192x245px) Image search: [Google]
1497560817367.jpg
7KB, 192x245px
Why would anyone want Prime and mainline to be separate timelines? To attract lorefags from Zelda or something?
>>
>>381819492
I don't get it either, but last week there was an entire thread of idiots defending the concept saying "it doesn't matter"

If it doesn't matter, than why bother complicating the timeline?
>>
I don't get this.

I'm not arguing with you, but I don't understand why fans wants Prime to be set in a different universe than Metroid 1, 2, Super and Fusion. There's no point. Is there inconsistency in the Prime series I'm not aware of ? I just finished Prime 1 again after so many years and the game acknowledges the events of Zebes and all, so it's not like it was not connected to the classic series.
>>
>>381819492

The Prime series is not Canon
>>
File: 1443133740800.gif (736KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1443133740800.gif
736KB, 600x338px
They already exist in the same timeline though.
>>
I can't see why they shouldn't be in the same timeline. The few inconsistencies I've seen were pretty minor and certainly no worse than any other time Nintendo tries to insert story. The only people I can think would be against it are the type who complain "Prime isn't really Metroid", like a series isn't allowed to have a spin-off set in the same universe.
>>
>>381819759

Prime 1 acknowledges the events of Metroid 1.

I think Prime 2 + 3 is where things get kinda muddy. If we assume Prime 2 takes place immediately after Prime 1 it and the same logic follows with Prime 3, it seems like an almost inordinate amount of time between the original Metroid 1 + 2.

To me

Metroid>Prime>Metroid2>SM>Fusion

Prime 2 + 3 are non-canon fodder imo. They're good games, but not essential to the lore.
>>
>>381819759
There is an inconsistancy/ translation error in Other M where Samus states it's her first time working with the galactic federation
>>
>nu-metroid fans
>>
>>381820158
Literally years could take place between Metroid 1 and 2. The first Metroid game is so disconnected from the rest of the series it barely matters. The overarching plot doesn't even really start until 2
>>
>>381820158
It's been a while since I played Metroid 2, but is there anything in the game to state it takes place soon after Metroid ends? Seems like plenty of time for three games between them, maybe more.
>>
I don't really give a shit but seeing as though prime 3 connects them via mother brain being a leviathan seed why not
>>
They fit just fine between Metroid and Metroid 2. If anything, it's Other M that should be removed. Maybe Fusion too. Cut out the cancer at it's source.
>>
>>381820071
This... But why is Prime considered a spin off ? It's what Metroid is... as a 3D game. Is it just because it's called Prime ? Because it is not numbered ?

Imo the only spin off in the series are Federation Force and Pinball. All are mainline games but not numbered.
>>
The Prime games are canon, so I don't see why they shouldn't take place in the same timeline.
>>
>>381819035
It's self-contained so who cares.
>>
>>381819035
They should take place in a timeline where that hack Sakamoto isn't allowed to touch the story.
>>
>>381820374
Apparently the prime games are like 2.5 years. With prime taking place a year after Metroid since they just finished rebuilding Ridley
>>
File: redline.png (2MB, 1860x1048px) Image search: [Google]
redline.png
2MB, 1860x1048px
Because both Metroids have an extremely different tone.

You could say the Prime games took inspiration from Metroid 1, 2, and Super, but Fusion and Other M show us that the creator has a different mindset on how to represent the series as a whole.

Eventually, both games will clash in terms of aesthetics and lore, most recent example being Return of Samus, look at your picture OP, then look at the one in the cover of Return of Samus.

Does anyone here have an actual argument against this? If not, the series really need to break apart and each become their own thing for the greater good, that way one or the other won't need to rely on each other success to keep going.

Metroidbros, you know this is true, let it go already.
>>
>>381821893
Yes they said that it took a cycle to rebuild him I think, and it's +-1 year.
>>
>>381821970
Aesthetics? Who fucking cares? Just because one game gives a different vibe than another doesn't mean they can't coexist. Plus, every single Metroid game has Samus in a different looking power suit. The argument is even worse when you compare games like Super Metroid and Fusion which feel completely different both in setting, aesthetics, tone, etc.
>>
>>381822506
Different Vibes? Have you seen Sakamoto Space Pirates vs the Prime ones?

Literally space lobsters vs actual badass alien looking things.

I like both, but obviously, the Prime one is far superior and is a MASSIVE indicator that really is kinda is 2 different games.
>>
File: 1497751472025.png (14KB, 500x343px) Image search: [Google]
1497751472025.png
14KB, 500x343px
>>381821970
>Metroidbros, you know this is true, let it go already.
I don't know why you're framing it like Metriod fans are in denial or clinging to an idea when all they're doing is just going with the long established information that Prime and the non-Prime games co-exist and are in the same timeline. This isn't even a debate.
>>
>>381822764
>Literally space lobsters vs actual badass alien looking things.
Because they're different species you mongoloid
>>
>>381822780
Established by the fans and people that have nothing to do with the creative process of the series?.

Now Sakamoto saying is 2 different games is coming from the mouth of the fucking father of the series?...

To me it looks like fans want to protect their own idea of the series vs his, wich I kinda understand after Other M, but defending it this time will do more good to the series right now.
>>
>>381821470
Why do people still talk about the piece of shit called Other M when the series has returned to 2D with Samus Returns? I thought it was already agreed to never talk about non Metroid games again in Metroid threads. There are only to types of Metroid games, 2D and Prime, there is no third type.
>>
File: 1482624793272.gif (1MB, 506x285px) Image search: [Google]
1482624793272.gif
1MB, 506x285px
They're already in the same established timeline.

Is this some poor attempt at splitting the fanbase so we can have 2Dfag and Primefag wars a la SMT vs Persona?
>>
>>381823114
It seems like it. Some lazy but dedicated attempt to manufacture bullshit when everyone who loves the series is having a great time and threads are pretty positive and full of discussion
>>
File: m3_19.jpg (88KB, 768x549px) Image search: [Google]
m3_19.jpg
88KB, 768x549px
>>381822764
Space pirates aren't a species dumbshit. They are an organization full of multiple different species, even as far back as Metroid 1
>>
>>381823252
>Manufacture BS
>People start posting videos of Sakomoto saying so
>Fans start to scream translation errors
>Post written interview stating the same once again
>I-IS FRABRICATED

You guys are sad.
>>
>>381819492
To get posts on /v/
>>
Just a shitposter trying to perpetuate the 2D vs 3D flamewars. God forbid Metroid threads are ever nice on /v/.
>>
>>381823408
That why every single Space Pirate in other M looks like a fucking lobster? get over yourself, pulling shit like this from the booklet won't help when the fucking games themselves don't state otherwise.
>>
>>381823684
There are no space pirates in Other M, kidddo
>>
>>381823418
Where is said video?
>>
File: spacpirates.png (1MB, 1656x976px) Image search: [Google]
spacpirates.png
1MB, 1656x976px
>>381819035
http://bounthavy.com/wordpress/jeux-video-2/metroid-other-m-interview-yoshio-sakamoto-yosuke-hayashi/

>Translation: "Interviewer: Why does the game begin with a flashback to Super Metroid? Does that mean the Metroid Prime games are simply an aside in the series timeline?"

>Sakamoto: I wouldn't go that far. The Prime games shouldn't be excluded from the timeline."

It's not that Sakamoto hates the Prime games or anything, it's just that its not the series he works on or is involved with. Nintendo operates Metroid as two different series with their own different developers/producers, like how they do with Mario (2D & 3D). Sakamoto is in charge of the (mostly) 2D "mainline" Metroid games while Kensuke Tanabe is in charge of the "side story" 3D Prime games. That basically do and have always run parallel with each other, each offering their own interpretation of the Metroid universe, gameplay, etc
>>
>>381823684
Prime states otherwise.

If you really want an answer, it's because the bottle ship in other m was replicating the surface of Zebes, which the lobster space pirates are from
>>
>>381823917
This
>>
that new articles specifies a prime universe. like if its its own thing
>>
I'd prefer prime to exist in a separate continuity probably on some level, the universe the japanese and US devs envision is considerably different, first one that comes to mind is how jpn game space pirates are a dependent hivemind while in prime they're an independent self-sustaining civ.

Doesn't matter much anyway tho, a lot of the stuff people (me included) hate about Other M's contributions to the canon etc already existed in the manga that released in 2002, we've been interpreting the setting considerably different from the start so hell, it was never legit to begin with, I'll just keep going with the canon I like inside my head.
>>
>>381823917
I mean, they're supposed to happen in-between 1 and 2 so why would Other M reference them at all when they happened a while ago from Samus' perspective.

I don't really see a reason to break them up and invite Zelda timeline bullshit until Nintendo is forced to print Zebes Historia and make it worse. Just leave it as it is.
>>
>>381822930
this
>>
>>381824246
This so fucking much, you can really tell the difference by comparing Other M and the Prime games.
>>
File: Lucas.jpg (2MB, 1333x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Lucas.jpg
2MB, 1333x2000px
Why don't they just make prequels to Metroid?
>>
>>381820906

Sakamoto literally said they arent
>>
>>381824503
the manga covers it
>>
>>381824246
This
>>
>>381824246
I thought the hivemind was only because of mother brain
>>
>>381819035
Prime is the mainline. Its consoles.

2d adventures remain on the portables yet remaking the past. Zero mission overrides Metriod, the new Metriod on 3ds overrides gameboy.
>>
>>381824246
Where does it say that about them in Prime?
I played prime first and always thought they were a hive mind type thing. Insects and all
>>
>>381823917
Sakamoto is responsible for a lot of the worst shit in Other M but people pin way too much shit on him to make him an easy scapegoat for a project that was fucked on a lot of levels, guy still has Super Metroid, Fusion and Zero Mission on his resume on top of contributing to other classics like Wario Land 4, he's a competent dev and the recent press release for Prime 4 clearly shows they're trying to market with the attributes old metroid fans like so I'm sure they'll rein in the narrative aspects he pushed in Other M now anyway.
>>
>>381824503
>>381824563
>Game based on the manga is made
>/v/ treats it like Other M 2

I'm not wrong.
>>
>>381824761
I think they were a hivemind when corrupted by dark samus but a society otherwise
>>
>>381824246
>>381824446
>>381824593
OP, you can stop agreeing with yourself.
>>
File: 1495563910355.jpg (71KB, 394x394px) Image search: [Google]
1495563910355.jpg
71KB, 394x394px
>there are people on /v/ RIGHT NOW who don't know who ACfag is
>>
>>381824761
Space pirates keep log diaries and write about how much they hate current ongoing events regarding their structure/command in prime. It's way too individualised imo to still fit a hivemind.
also Dark Samus has to use Phazon to brainwash them which to me implies a bit in that direction as well.

>>381824713
It's been a while but IIRC mother brain in the manga says without an overwhelmingly strong leader like Ridley or MB they degenerate rapidly.
>>
>>381819492
>>381819035

They are in separate timelines, it is confirmed.
>>
>>381825226
>It's way too individualised imo to still fit a hivemind.
Thats just youre simple grasp of sci-fi hiveminds.
Also Mother Brain did the same thing Dark Samus did so its not really a new concept.
>>
>>381825404
see:
>>381823917
>>
File: samussm.jpg (23KB, 636x329px) Image search: [Google]
samussm.jpg
23KB, 636x329px
I do think it's interesting how the 2D games (+ Other M) and the Prime games have two different interpretations of Samus' character.

Samus in Sakamoto/R&D1's games wasn't necessarily a silent protagonist in the traditional sense. She just had literally no one to talk to Metroid/Zero Mission, Metroid II, and Super Metroid. In Fusion and Other M, where she's surrounded by people to talk to, she does speak. Even in ZM and SM, she has a few monologues which gives some insight to her character.

In the Metroid Prime games, however, Samus basically is Link or Gordon Freeman, a blank stand in for the player, remaining completely silent even when there's other characters that talk to her like in Metroid Prime 2 and 3. The only dialogue Samus has in any Metroid Prime game is at the end of Federation Force, where Samus isn't even the main player character anyway.
>>
>>381825517
To tell you the true this is why I really want to push the idea of two universes.

If we don't do this we will be killing both Samus characters, if we do separate both Universes we will have:

-Prime Samus
>Cold Main character
>Deadly Killing Machine
>Most likely have an extremely high IQ beyond normal human beings

>Sakamoto Samus
>Cold Main character
>Deadly Killing Machine
>Caring and somehow motherly
>>
>>381820158
The only thing that needs to happen to trigger Metroid 2 is the Federation feeling a need to exterminate all the Metroids in the universe after a big incident.

Something like the actions of Metroid Prime or Sylux's nonsense in the upcoming game are more than enough to cause that reaction. It doesn't necessarily rely on Metroid 1 to tell its story.

Super Metroid does but that's because it's the only other game to take place on Zebes, but we have no timeframe for how long it'd take for them to rebuild that base.
>>
>>381825942
True, plus Samus uses a different ship in Prime while in Metroid 2 up until Fusion she used her iconic gunship.
>>
File: file.png (366KB, 831x458px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
366KB, 831x458px
>>381825982
Sylux (most likely) interacted with a Metroid Baby at the end of Federation Force so I wouldn't be surprised if him spreading metroids in Prime 4 will be the trigger for Metroid 2.
>>
>>381826262
It'd actually make a lot of sense for them to use the story of Prime 4 to tie into the remake of Metroid 2, the same way Prime and Echoes had tie-ins to their respective coinciding 2D releases.

Though that'd leave the question of where future Metroid Prime games take place, since I'm sure they want to keep the availability to feature Metroids without relying on cloning plot devices.
>>
>>381826428
Could be set before Fusion. There's time in there for something to happen.
>>
>>381826428
>>381826594
Oh fuck, I didn't see the part about cloning. I don't see any other asspulls they can come up with other than cloning, though.
>>
>>381825476
OYSTIQ: Retro obviously produced the Metroid Prime series; very successful, very influential. Do you consider this a reboot of the series after Metroid Prime? Is this the direction for future Metroids or just another direction?

SAKAMOTO: The games that I've been involved with in the Metroid series have been on the NES, GameBoy, Super NES and the GBA. I actually didn't have a lot of input on the Prime series. But what they're doing with Other M here, it's not so much a different universe, it's just a different part of the story. You can't say that there's no relation here; it's probably best to think of them as being in parallel in this world.

https://www.engadget.com/2010/03/12/interview-metroid-other-m-producer-yoshio-sakamoto/
>>
>>381826428
Didn't stop Metal Gear from inserting more and more Big Boss adventures in the past.
I think right now they're gonna focus on hooking old fans with a continuity relevant plot concept, like in the big picture, Metroid is still not a foolproof franchise sales wise, so they gotta make this work the best they can to even open up the possibility of future sequels.

This is all conjecture of course, Sylux might just get another cliffhanger without playing a real role again.
>>
>>381825942
>Prime Samus
>Cold Main character
>Deadly Killing Machine
>Most likely have an extremely high IQ beyond normal human beings
>Sakamoto Samus
>Cold Main character
>Deadly Killing Machine
>Caring and somehow motherly

Why the hell did you just imply that sakamoto samus isnt smart and that prime samus doesnt care? And shes not cold. Just quiet, theres a huge difference.
>>
File: Yoshio-Sakamoto[1].jpg (196KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
Yoshio-Sakamoto[1].jpg
196KB, 400x600px
>>381819035
story?
>>
>>381826428
Why cant they rely on cloning?
Thats been a major part of every game except 2
>>
>>381826972
Started Prime 2 and in the first hour just look how she reacts when she finds the federation shuttle. She's obviously not cold, maybe she knew them... One of them mentions her in his log, so it's possible they fought together in the past.
>>
Can you lorefags fuck off?
Metroid has a fucking uninteresting story. Who gives a shit?
>>
>>381826972
Ye, Prime 2 Samus had no real reason to help the Luminoth aside from getting back the powers the Ing stole at the start. The moment her ship repaired and she got her main powers back she could've left, instead for no reward she turned the tide of a war that would destroy them all. To a lesser degree with Prime 1, if anything the federation probably would've enjoyed the phazon deposits of the Impact Crater on Tallon IV yet she destroyed it for no real reason beyond "it was fucking up the planet", her orders only detailed investigating the frigate, everything beyond that as far as we know was a personal mission.

That combined with her body language in Prime 2 gives the idea she's a stoic but extremely altruistic person, for a bounty hunter anyway.
>>
>>381827340
And having Metroids around is just an excuse to get the game going. Clone away as long as the game is good, who gives a fuck.
>>
>>381827547
>no reason

dark samus would amass enough energy from dark aether to fuck up the galaxy
>>
>>381827340
It'd limit their flexibility in telling stories if it's always gotta involve a rogue Federation post-Super, since there's no other way to justify them existing after the death of the space pirates.

It's also increasingly more contrived every game.
>>
>>381827479
Samus is probably the strongest combat entity of her size at the end of her games, the soldiers probably consider her a legend
IIRC in Prime 3 Gandrayda's main goal is surpassing Samus as the greatest hunter.
>>
>>381827690
>after the death of the space pirates
You dont really believe that do you?
You never once killed all the space pirates so how the fuck are the suddenly gone forever now?
>>
1 > P1 > P2 > P3 > 2 > 3 > SM > OM > Fusion

Nebulous enough that shit works out still. Though honestly, I just care about exploring while popping off aliens every so often.
>>
>>381827660
Maybe but she doesn't really explicitly hunt down Dark Samus either and by the time she figures out her true nature she still leaves the planet even though she knew she can survive incredible degrees of destruction.
>>
>>381827690
I doubt they're dead. They're an intergalactic organization, they'll be around.
>>
>>381821970
>Does anyone here have an actual argument against this?

Yeah it's fucking wrong

>Because both Metroids have an extremely different tone.

No they don't

>You could say the Prime games took inspiration from Metroid 1, 2, and Super

And it's tonally consistent with those, like how it should be. Except Metroid 1 because it's old as fuck.

>but Fusion and Other M show us that the creator has a different mindset on how to represent the series as a whole.

Fusion is actually almost as grimdark as super, it's just not isolated. Other M is wildly off from any other metroid game before it, there's no sign of anything like it coming back in the future because it bombed so hard and sakamoto knows it. Samus returns is nothing like other M and is a 2.5d prime aesthetically. Which means both the prime and 2d series are more similar than ever. And Samus returns is being produced by sakamoto and he could change that if he wanted to.
>>
>>381827893
she doesn't hunt down DS because she plans on removing her energy boost through destroying dark aether because it'll save the luminoth killing two birds with one stone

>by the time she figures out her true nature

phaaze isn't known until prime 3
>>
Prime series is not canon
>>
>>381827781
Other M implies the end of the space pirates.

https://youtu.be/fW2T7HVvfCI?t=3m24s

I know it's Other M.
>>
>>381827998
I meant her true nature as the Metroid Prime revived, it's only ascertained in the scanlogs of the final battle.

But ye you definitely have a strong argument there.
>>
>>381819035
Yes, because otherwise they have all the excuse they need to completely ruin the character of Samus.

Although it might give them more freedom to make games with the traditional Samus we know, AND the other to be the groveling Adam-loving Fusion/Other M Samus that they seem to love.
>>
>>381827781
The only two games set after Super Metroid rely on clones to bring back even mainstays like Ridley, so until further notice yes.

I wouldn't be shocked at all if a Metroid 5 shoehorned them back in and recreated the status quo but Tanabe doesn't feel comfortable advancing Sakamoto's side of the story, and Metroid 5 isn't going to exist for a while.
>>
>>381828201
>im a raging faggot
Fusion is fine. Theres zero of the shit wrong with other M in it since the AI actually helps samus along the way instead of being a literal retard
>>
>>381828157
It could just mean the Zebesian chapter of the Pirates specifically, since Zebes got blown to bits this time around.
>>
>>381828343
fusion shares the problems of other M like too many interruptions with cutscenes or the game being too linear but they arn't exacerbated as bad so fusion is still enjoyable
>>
>>381826167
The one thing I never got about the prime series was wtf was up with the ships

They make a new ship for the first game, ok fine. She gets the one we recognize later.

They get her the old ship for Prime 2.

Then they throw it out again and make a piss ugly ship for Prime 3.
>>
>>381828157
And metroid 1 says its impossible to get rid of them since they are spread so far across the galaxy.

You think MB doesnt have a backup to be cloned indefinitely along with ridley and kraid?
They arent just on one planet you know, the SPACE HUNTERS were commisioned specifically to fight pirates anywhere they showed up with samus sent to do missions that were thought impossible becasue here track record shows she can handle it. Being a guy robot and all
>>
>>381819035
They already take place in the same timeline, they take place in-between 1 and 2.

Apparently you dumbasses don't know how to do a quick search for this shit.

Here: http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Metroid_timeline
>>
>>381824507
[Citation needed]
>>
>>381828615
Isn't Ridley in Super Metroid already a clone?
>>
>>381820221

This.
>>
>>381828743
Nobody is thinking otherwise. The discussion is whether it SHOULD or not
>>
>>381828925
not a clone just reconstructed. The only clones are the one in other M and the ridley you fight in fusion being an X parasite mimic
>>
>>381828157
>Other M implies the end of the space pirates.

Other M could demonstrate the end of the space pirates, sakamoto could confirm the end of the space pirate in an interview

It wouldn't be the end of the space pirates

What's next? Metroids are extinct again? lmao
>>
>>381828925
Exactly.

The pirates cant be stopped, they are already too widespread.
Unless you think a super intelligent chozo AI doesnt have a contingency plan to deal with the chozo power suit that destroyed the pirates base once already.
>>
>>381829029
Reconstructed from what? He transitions from a mechanical mess in Prime 3 back to purely organic in Super. What reconstruction technology did they suddenly discover?
>>
>>381828983
>The discussion is whether it SHOULD or not

This is literally a made up controversy by a minority of retards. There's no good reason prime should be split from the original canon. You just make these threads asking the question hoping someone can give you a reason to justify your stupid feelings because you don't like prime. Don't play it. Stop caring, worse things have been "canon" in the metroid IP.
>>
File: embarassing.png (265KB, 334x393px) Image search: [Google]
embarassing.png
265KB, 334x393px
>caring about """canon""" """""lore"""" or a """"timeline"""" in a Nintendo game
>>
>>381829336
>What reconstruction technology did they suddenly discover

because space pirate tech don't question it
>>
>>381828925
No, the real thing.

>>381829085
So the Pirates are like Halo's Covenant, you can defeat them but you can never kill them, interesting.
>>
>>381819817
Lol
>>
>>381829453
>>381829336
>>
>>381829457
I can't believe you fucking responded. You dolt.
>>
File: 1421784219182.jpg (60KB, 530x600px) Image search: [Google]
1421784219182.jpg
60KB, 530x600px
>>381829336
Nigger don't question superior Space Pirate technology.
>>
>>381829336
Rest and relaxation.
>>
>>381829784
>>381829435
>Space pirate technology

So cloning?
>>
>>381829336
You have to remember MB had also been killed in M1 yet somehow returns with a body none the less in Super. So they clearly were able to regenerate MBs head, the brain looking part, and augmented the rest with mechanical stuff it seemed. So basically by Super pirates have fucking amazing cloning because Kraid
>>
>>381829943
cloning is primitive and can cause weaknesses like having to wait for Ridley to grow in other M, reconstructing is better because he's ready to grow.
>>
>seperate timeline

Wasn't it confirmed the Prime series of games take place between Metroid 1 and 2? It would explain why we see a shit ton of Metroids across the galaxy as Samus travels to new planets.

Metroid 2, Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion, and Other M are sequels of each other. Really the next Metroid game that will be a "true" sequel will be one that takes place immediately after the events of Other M (or if they retcon it, Metroid Fusion)
>>
>>381829482
Phazon dude, then there's Prime 4. Prime 3 never confirmed that he died.
>>
File: Power suit.png (592KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Power suit.png
592KB, 1024x1024px
>>
File: Capture.jpg (16KB, 149x228px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
16KB, 149x228px
>>381830185
>i dont know sci fi
What you said can both be considered cloning. The latter just recycles the existing material and clones only what is missing.

You have two realize cloning can be awful like you said in other m, or amazing and basically be a 3d printer for organics. Both are cloning still and are vastly different.
As long as your copying the original genetic material and making new cells its cloning.

>>381830351
>not even the best powersuit
>>
File: Dane.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Dane.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>381819035
They do exist in the same timeline.

The only game that shouldn't be canon is Other M.
>>
File: 1366759243095.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1366759243095.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>381830536
>As long as your copying the original genetic material and making new cells its cloning.

semantics, we don't call it cloning when your body regenerates itself.
>>
Are there other space dragons out there? Was Ridley the last of his species?
>>
>>381819759
>Is there inconsistency in the Prime series I'm not aware of ?

I don't know how they explain Ridley coming back in the flesh in Prime 3, but that's not new to the series.
>>
>>381830619
Yeah arent there like 3 things that it does that fuck the whole thing? I forget
>>
>>381830748

Other M established Ridley has a species.
>>
>>381830185
Other m isn't canon.

Even if I entertained the thought that it was, there could easily be enough time between P3 and super to fully let a new Ridley grow
>>
File: For what purpose.png (256KB, 1242x1145px) Image search: [Google]
For what purpose.png
256KB, 1242x1145px
>>381830857
>>
>>381830914
I wonder if they're all bloodthirsty monsters or if Ridley's just a pyscho. Other M would seem to indicate the former but the game contradicts so much stuff it's not really reliable.
>>
>>381830719
Because technology isnt involved. Its called birth and healing if its all natural. But even then some single celled beings "clone" to spread. Once you are doing it artificially then its cloning.

If the person is dead and you only got an arm and a leg then you clone the rest. If its the other way around you clone the arm and leg and reattach or have it grow onto the arm as its created. You could argue that if you were able to regrow the limb deadpool/picollo style then its not cloning, its regeneration like a starfish. But again thats not using technology.

>>381831024
>there could easily be enough time between P3 and super to fully let a new Ridley grow
Or maybe the GF has terrible awful technology compared to space pirates who are advanced as shit by super.
>>
>>381824507
Sakamoto already clarified that he meant that Prime was a side-story, but it is in the continuity.
>>
>>381831141
Whats funny is I feel like I can explain a lot of that.
Not the middle part, I forgot how bad adam and the metroid shit was.

But the beginning and end is mostly the GF being both arrogant and inept.
>>
>>381831775
For how bad Samus looks in Other M the fedsends up looking a lot worse. No wonder space piracy is rampant.
>>
The Primes are more canon with with the other Metroids than Other M is.
>>
>>381830717
More frigate orpheon screenshots.
>>
>>381819035
it's a videogame who gives a fuck? Plot is the least important aspect of games
>>
>>381832107
>The Primes are more canon with with the other Metroids than Other M is.

lolno
>>
File: file.png (6KB, 286x77px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
6KB, 286x77px
>>381832397
Fuck off Sakamoto
>>
File: 10.jpg (18KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
18KB, 480x480px
>>381832623
>Falling for the 6'3 meme.
>>
File: htxlcaqbkfxx.jpg (78KB, 903x624px) Image search: [Google]
htxlcaqbkfxx.jpg
78KB, 903x624px
>>381832723
Official. And Other M was the first and only to retcon it, so it's less canon as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>381831141
My favorite question is always "Why did Adam shoot Samus in the back, disabling her suit(and apparently winding her??? what the hell gun is that) RIGHT NEXT TO A FUCKING METROID"
>>
>>381832875
I for one am totes okay with NFL Samus
>>
>>381833006
I am too, but the muscular factor has been gone for a long time. It could be implied that she's perhaps still sort of bulky in Prime 1, but then you see her suitless and skinny in Prime 2 anyway.
>>
File: SamusandAdam.png (80KB, 590x241px) Image search: [Google]
SamusandAdam.png
80KB, 590x241px
>>381832875

And that's the only time you ever see them label her as 6'3. As far as I'm concerned it's random bullshit they threw into the book. Remember when SF4 first came out and Capcom said Zangief was 100+lbs? It's that all over again. It wouldn't shock me if Samus being 6'3 was something thrown in by an American.
>>
>>381832397
>i cant read
So many things have been posted proving otherwise in the thread.
Wheres your side? Because you said so isnt enough when anons have been posting all thread.

Also your both idiots. Samus is 6m
>>
File: canon information.jpg (383KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
canon information.jpg
383KB, 1024x768px
>>381833384
>image
>>
>>381833241
The size of her sprite in Super Metroid also implied tall as fuck to me, too. The proportion seemed shorter in other 2D ones though.
>>
>>381823684
Those are Zebesians, dumbass.
>>
>>381833006
Linebacker or halfback?
>>
>>381833667
Tight End
>>
>>381819035
It sounds to me like the only support anyone has for Prime needing to sit in a separate timeline comes from Other M, the game that contradicts every other title in the series in some way.

That and constant allegations that Sakamoto said Prime is non-canon, when we have overwhelming evidence of the contrary. So, who exactly wants this?
>>
>>381833479
This is getting retconned in September so be ready
>>
>>381833823
What are you going on about.

Samus is 6m, they cant really change that. They would have to make the doors smaller if they made her smaller
>>
>>381819035
>Should the Metroid Prime and mainline games take place in the same timeline?
As far as I'm concerned yes. I don't see any point to fucking with the Metroid timeline other than saying that Other M never happened.

THUH BAYBEE
>>
>>381833997
I meant the Metroid sizes, not Samus.
>>
File: 32.jpg (143KB, 744x969px) Image search: [Google]
32.jpg
143KB, 744x969px
>>381833479
>MetroidGuide.com
>Metroid and related material is a copyrighted trademark of Nintendo © . All rights are reserved by Nintendo © .
>This website has no affiliation with Nintendo ©

:thinking:

>>381833487
>The size of her sprite in Super Metroid also implied tall as fuck to me

That's probably a result of them wanting Samus to have presence on the screen.
>>
>>381833705
Shitters. You can ignore them.
>>
>>381834339
>shitty enemies that are barely in the game
Who cares?
As long as I get 6m samus I'm ready

What do you mean though, are they smaller?Different shape?
>>
>>381834508
They're pretty determined. I'll gladly ignore them, but they seem to take up all the space for discussion lately.
>>
>>381834637
That happens with the vocal minority. They sound a lot louder than they actually are, so it's basically a giant circle jerk.

Like how /pol/ got so stupid.
>>
>>381834581
Different shape. Zeta has been completely redesigned based on what we have seen, and I would assume a couple other forms got the same treatment
>>
>>381834840
Ah okay, as long as omega is going off of Fusions design I'm happy.
>>
File: 1456638306497.png (24KB, 241x279px) Image search: [Google]
1456638306497.png
24KB, 241x279px
Is Samus a bounty hunter or a mercenary????
>>
>>381835260
She is a space hunter.

She and others were hired by the GF to fight space pirates that have been attack traveling ships because their tech is too advanced for the GF to handle alone. Samus in particular is sent on missions that are impossible for anyone else to complete though. Her track record shows this.
>>
>>381834953
Fusion is recent enough to assume they wouldn't change it too much
>>
>>381835260
They've called her a bounty hunter since the first game, but she's always operated more like a mercenary. She's hired by a governing body to complete missions, and she never does anything that equates to finding/capturing individual targets.
>>
File: Ice_beam_V.S._Omega_METROID!.jpg (245KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
Ice_beam_V.S._Omega_METROID!.jpg
245KB, 480x320px
>>381835526
Aw yiss.
We can only hope they will manage to do this justice in 3d
>>
>>381835616
>and she never does anything that equates to finding/capturing individual targets.
You dont know that though.
She has done many missions before the first game. We only see the missions that involve metroids.
>>
>>381835260
Nintendo called her a bounty hunter without really understanding what that term means, kinda like how Sega was going to call one of the zones in Sonic 2 "Genocide City". Japs just think English words sound cool, not always understanding what they mean. Retro wanted to include actual bounty hunting in Prime 3 as a sort of side objective, but Nintendo shot it down when they learned that it meant tracking down and possibly killing people. A more accurate translation of what Nintendo meant would probably just be "Space Warrior" or something.
>>
>>381836065
>You dont know that though
And neither do you. We can only judge from what the existing games have shown or said about Samus and her work. Anything past that is headcanon.
>>
>>381835616
I remember Retro wanted to incorporate actual bounty hunting missions into one of the Prime games but Nintendo shut that idea down saying it wasn't in her character, proving that Nintendo doesn't actually know what a bounty hunter is.
>>
>>381836292
All we know is that she has done "completed numerous missions that others had thought impossible" before the first game.
If she is called a bounty hunter she probably brought in a bounty at some point, thats not headcanon thats the actual canon.

Or do you think bounty hunters cant take on other jobs from past employers? That a person can only ever do one single thing?

>>381836219
The M1 manual calls them space hunters because they were specifically set out to hunt space pirates originally. Its easy to see why the ended up on bounty hunter in the remake since its already a well known term and still can fit the known history.

yes I am a turbonerd that looked up the manuals
>>
>>381819035
They already do. It was stated that Prime 1-3 is between Metroid 1 and 2.
>>
>>381835616
Except the Metroids. Which is the entire point of the series.

I'd say it counts.
>>
File: 1430103371042.jpg (150KB, 1170x1644px) Image search: [Google]
1430103371042.jpg
150KB, 1170x1644px
>>381836657
>>All we know is that she has done "completed numerous missions that others had thought impossible" before the first game.
>If she is called a bounty hunter she probably brought in a bounty at some point, thats not headcanon thats the actual canon.
I would actually really be ok with prequel games that had no metroids at all. I doubt I'm the only one either.
>>
>>381836657
>do you think bounty hunters cant take on other jobs from past employers?
Nothing I said ever implied I thought that. I've never seen anything in-game that shows her "bounty hunting" though.

I also never said she wasn't a "bounty hunter", just that she seems much more like a mercenary.
>>
It could spin off into its own timeline, instead of being stuck before 2 and Super forever. That way it could do new things with the character and the setting. Have Prime go back to the more 80's styled with Super Matroid Samus and atmosphere in the world of Prime, have the mainline Metroid continue the path it's been going down with Fusion, Zero Mission, Other M, and Samus Returns.
>>
THE OTHER GAMES DON'T HAVE A TIMELINE

OTHER M RETCONNED EVERY GAME
>>
>>381830224
Other M takes place before Fusion
>>
>>381835260
Both. She hunts a bounty in Metroid and Metroid II, but she does mercenary work in Super Metroid.
>>
>>381837094
I don't think that's necessary. "Prime" is nothing more than a title. Nobody would complain if prime 4 took place after a timeskip past 2 and super
>>
>>381837094
If we ever get a post-Fusion game we could easily get more Primes after that. I don't see why they have to be strictly between Metroid and 2 just because the first three were
>>
haha who cares about timelines?
>>
>>381837332
It's only necessary because Other M/Fusion wrote them into a corner.
>>
>>381835260
she's a musclebimbo
>>
>>381837094
But samus returns is more like prime art style so your already wrong.

>>381837478
No it didnt?
There are multiple planets the chozo visited, and probably multiple powersuits. The space pirates arent gone either.
>>
File: Metroid other M canon.png (37KB, 1310x330px) Image search: [Google]
Metroid other M canon.png
37KB, 1310x330px
>>381837187
>>
>>381837624
>But samus returns is more like prime art style so your already wrong.
Hahahaha.

>No it didnt?
It did until they write themselves out of it.
>>
File: blue and yellow.jpg (43KB, 445x419px) Image search: [Google]
blue and yellow.jpg
43KB, 445x419px
>>381819035
What's the point? They can all co-exist except Other M just fine with how Prime is sandwiched between 1 & 2 just fine.
>>
>>381837478
There are so many interesting places they could take the series post-fusion though.

>Samus now has Metroid DNA in her body
>She's wanted by the galactic federation
>Adam AI is finally a primary character
>Her fusion suit is still perminantly bonded to her

I think that's all pretty interesting. Unconventional based on what we know of the series, but interesting. I'd kill for a Metroid V that takes this all into account
>>
>>381837710
Thank you.
>>
>>381837827
>It did until they write themselves out of it.
Explain yourself.

Because they literally didnt with whats been in other games.
>>
>>381837974
Which game takes place after Fusion?
>>
>>381837938
They should do it. Experiment as much as they can in Fusion sequels. All the more reason to make Prime a separate timeline, so it can experiment into a different direction without all the limitations.
>>
>>381838024
>nothing after fusion so it cant happen
What fucking logic is this? Am I talking to a brick wall?
Explain yourself and I will tell you why there is literally no such thing as a corner in this universe. Metroids, new suits, and space pirates will always exist in later games as has been previously established.
>>
>>381837938
Nope, thats not how it ended. She does have a fucked up suit, but its not "permanently bonded" to her.
>>
>>381837938
She's back to normal
>She's wanted by the galactic federation
She's AWOL but we truly don't know this yet
>Adam AI is finally a primary character
Not no more thanks to Aeion Abilities
>Her fusion suit is still perminantly bonded to her
She can take the suit off anytime she wants, but the suit is just her default suit now.

Sakamoto already hinted that Metroid Dread is the next project and Samus Returns opened the 2D franchise up.
>>
>>381838185
>Experiment into different directions.

What does that even mean? Why is that necessary?
>>
>>381838515
The beginning of fusion pretty clearly states that she can't remove the fusion suit

Also there is no reason to believe she doesn't still have Metroid DNA except for a single interview where Sakamoto said so
>>
>>381838185
>Experiment as much as they can in Fusion sequels
They did this with Other M and it almost killed the franchise.
>>
>>381838845
Wait, how do aeion abilities negate Adam's role post fusion?
>>
>>381819035
prime is just nintendo trying to compete with halo, it's also not canon.
>>
>>381838845
>>381838845
Do you really think the feds wouldn't be after Samus after blowing up probably billions of dollars worth of galactic property? Also there is no reason to be she can suddenly take the suit off when it was already established she couldn't.
>>
>>381839012
Not him but the beginning of Fusion stated that the Power Suit was bonded to her because of the X and the way her suit works. After getting the Metroid Vaccine she was able to take her suit off again but only with mental commands like always.
>>
>>381838893
Because there is infinite potential for both styles, but not the same infinite potential.

>>381839041
You live and you learn.
>>
>>381839012
>The beginning of fusion pretty clearly states that she can't remove the fusion suit
No it doesnt? All it says is that it cant be removed when shes unconscious.

>no reason except the man in charge said so
So you dont accept the established canon as truth then?
>>
>>381839247
Maybe not from a gameplay perspective, but a fusion-like prime game would work perfectly fine
>>
>>381839331
Are you one of those people who believe Dumbledore is gay because Rawling said so?
>>
>>381839050
It reveals part of the map, and since Samus will be AWOL she'll be making her on rules instead of following orders making Adam more of a side character now.

>>381839174
Like I said we'll have to see because since Nintendo considers Samus a hero like Microsoft with Master Chief I don't see them going through with it. For the suit see>>381839243
>>
>>381839243
We never see this happen. Why are things being assumed?

All we know is that in the beginning she can't take it off, and at the end she still has the fusion suit
>>
>>381839247
>You live and you learn
And then you kill the franchise for good.
>>
>>381839493
Are you one of those people that dont take the intro of fusion as truth?
And she has the suit off in the gallery after you beat the game. It even shows her with just the helmet off since your too dumb to accept whats been established both in game and out.
>>
>>381839636
>All we know is that in the beginning she can't take it off
While unconscious.

You guys are the worst and only telling part of the truth.
>>
>>381839658
Apparently not.
>>
>>381839676
What does it say in the intro to fusion that makes you so sure of your argument? I'd appreciate a quote
>>
File: first hit on google.png (106KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
first hit on google.png
106KB, 240x160px
>>381839773
>>
>>381839636
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP_TqK8YhWo

"The Power Suit had become so integrated with my system that it could not be removed while I was unconscious."
>>
>>381839773
See>>381839969
>>
File: IMG_20170625_212346.jpg (207KB, 1439x822px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170625_212346.jpg
207KB, 1439x822px
Seems like it could go either way regarding her being able to remove the suit.

There is no reason to be adament about either argument until we get the next game
>>
I want to play them all in canon order (only played Zero Mission and Prime 1 before). Do I substitute Zero Mission for the original? I could even substitute Samus Returns for 2 if I space 'em out a bit.
>>
File: SM1.png (216KB, 650x607px) Image search: [Google]
SM1.png
216KB, 650x607px
>>381834501
Samus is amazonian and always has been. Fucking kill yourself you retarded baby fish
>>
>>381840301
Yeah, 1 is good for the hardcore fans but extremely dated and honestly too short. ZM was a good remake. Its hard to say for M2, because the original does have ammo/health stations and a save system so its miles ahead of the first. Just draw a map. AM2R and SR are both worth playing afterward as they are all 3 vastly different.
>>
>>381839012
>The beginning of fusion pretty clearly states that she can't remove the fusion suit

It comes off every time she dies

God this fucking fan base. Gas yourselves.
>>
Separate continuities.

Don't give a fuck about the Prime series.
>>
>>381840253
This was when she was infected, the X, like Halo's Flood, alter an organism's genetic structure, when Samus was given strains of Metroid DNA it killed all the X in her thus removing that effect. Why do you think when you die, your suit comes apart and you see a very human looking Samus underneath?
>>
>>381840306
>Taller that one scientist who looks like he's pushing 60 makes her an amazon

lol
>>
>>381840487
You know I'm thinking about this and if the suit explodes no matter what when she "dies" then it would be hilarious if she died on the operating table here
>>381839947
>>
>>381840596
True but she's also taller than grown men in Fusion. She's not "Amazonian" like that guy is saying but she's at least an average white man's height.
>>
>>381840850
>She's not "Amazonian" like that guy is saying but she's at least an average white man's height.

I'd give her 5'8 - 6'0. I don't buy the bullshit about her being 6'3.
>>
>>381840850
Not him, she's around 5'1"1 or 6'0" going by her out of suit sprite in Zero Mission and 3D model in Samus Returns where she wears the wedge heels to reach 6'3". I'm going with 5'11".
>>
File: IMG_20170613_145441.jpg (61KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170613_145441.jpg
61KB, 800x600px
How is the 3DS version of Super Metroid? It and Prime 2 are the only ones I haven't beaten (long story) and I wanna catch up before Samus Returns
>>
>>381841112
*5'11"
I hate it when I don't proofread.
>>
>>381840596
>They just made the sprite tall to make her look cool
>Oh, a scale reference, that guy is short because fuck changing my mind when presented with evidence

Go lick a dick
>>
>>381819035
Why do you keep making this thread?
>>
>>381841272
Because I'm obscenely autistic.
>>
>>381840596
>>381840850
Turns out humans can be anywhere between 5.5 and 6.5 feet quite commonly. So any measurements against another person are retarded.
>>
File: index.png (449KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
index.png
449KB, 720x480px
>>381841865
dropped my image
>>
>>381841945
I don't care if they were dopplegangers or possessed corpses, I will love Fusion and Prime 2 for actually letting me shoot human beings.
How often does a Nintendo game let you do shit like that to other humans.
Thread posts: 241
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.