[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo Switch will live side by

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: reggie_jim.jpg (107KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
reggie_jim.jpg
107KB, 800x533px
>"Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo Switch will live side by side"

What's the point of this? Wasn't one of the biggest elements in the Switch's favor the fact that all of Nintendo's developers would be putting their efforts into one single device and not having to split their time between two?
>>
It prints money! enjoy your 240p bitch
>>
>>381802279
Buying a Switch just for Xeno2
>>
Reminds me of when they said DS wouldn't replace the Game Boy.
>>
>>381802550
Yeah but the GBA was still getting first party games (mostly in Japan with Rhythm Heaven GBA and Mother 3) well into 2006 and also got the Micro revision.

But I guess that just goes to show the 3DS has another two years at most in front of it.
>>
I imagine part of it is there is already 60 Million 3DS's out in the wild and is their current main way to make money ATM. It makes sense to continue to support it for a year or two longer while waiting to see if the Switch will do well or not. I don't blame them for playing it safe, and I see them eventually dropping the 3DS by late 2018-2019 or so.

Not to mention the stuff that was still in-development, and stuff we don't know about yet.
>>
They don't want to risk throwing away the 3DS if the Switch fails.
>>
>>381802279
What doesn't make sense about keeping and continuing to support your less expensive product? 3DS is dirt cheap and the games are also cheap to develop, its got a good install base. I'm not seeing why you're having a problem with the idea of Nintendo offering a more expensive console/handheld and a cheap handheld at the same time.
>>
Switch will become the handheld once they can't sell anymore 3DS and they will unveil a 4K console on the same tier as the X
>>
>>381802279
Not, they merged most of their in house to work on games. Leaving 2.

Only 1up, ndcube, retro, monolith and two others exist.

Plus hal and intelligent system and gamefreak.
>>
>>381804304
switch is their new home console
they have said they're working on the 3DS successor
>>
The 3DS is unironically 50% of Nintendo's current profit.
>>
>>381804304
http://twinfinite.net/2017/06/nintendo-switch-not-3ds-successor/

Reggie says 3ds is staying.
>>
>>381805005
I bet you believed the DS was a third pillar too.
>>
>>381802425
There is literally nothing wrong with 240p. When you get immersed in a game, the resolution doesn't matter.
>>
kek when is the last time nintendo even acknowledged the wii u? i, and nintendo, forgot that failure even exists lol
>>
>>381802279
In these times where it's near impossible to find a Switch for retail, it really isn't so bad that Nintendo is still supporting the 3DS as much as it is
>>
>>381802279
So Sakamoto's Metroid Dread could release on the 3DS after Samus Returns.
>>
>>381805341
Nope.

We only have two systems. Switch will suceed but it won't be successful as the 3ds.

Switch will probably will be 45 million units sold when its over. Reggie said the switch is a blue ocean system not to comptete with the other bigger systems.

3ds will be retired for the next handheld.
>>
>>381805543
Wii u is done. They terminated making new units and soon no new games will come out

Only sony systems go on for a decade or more. The wii was a exception.
>>
>>381805890
So what happened to you in the last ten years? An accident? Brain surgery? How were you able to see through marketing bullshit when the DS came out but fall for it so completely today? I hope your condition gets better.
>>
THEY'VE DONE THIS SINCE THE SNES AND GB COLOR YOU RETARDED CHILDREN
>>
File: 1466657597142.png (572KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
1466657597142.png
572KB, 600x580px
>>381805375
>i eat shit and i enjoy eating shit, when the shit feels good in my mouth it doesnt matter that its shit
>>
>Please keep buying the 3ds until we dropkick all support!
Translated for you. You're welcome.
>>
Nintendo killed Wii prematurely for WiiU. That was the point when Nintendo made their first losses.
>>
>people seriously believe Reggie's PR shit
He has to say that. If he said that the 3DS was going to be phased out, people would have no incentive to go out and buy one. They're going to milk it for a little while longer until it finally dies.

For fuck's sake, mainline Pokemon and Fire Emblem games have both been announced for the Switch. There's no way the 3DS is sticking around.
>>
>>381806403
Only you have brain damage. Please take your meds, hopefully it will cure your problem.

Nintendo never said they exiting either portable or console markets. The switch is a console you can take with you.

Only a retarded transexual reporter though it was going to be a merge. Aka your lover.
>>
>>381802279
It's only Nintendo fanboys that think Nintendo will intentionally destroy a product line that is raking them cash for a new product line that can still fail.
>>
>>381802279
Its called PR lies to damage control until the Switch is able to fully replace the 3DS.

Note: The Switch cannot replace the 3DS until it has a userbase of the same number.
>>
>>381802279
It's almost like the 3DS singlehandedly saved their asses. Switch is the bold move and 3DS is their safe fallback since it's still going strong.
>>
>>381805005
Its been confirmed that Reggie is a liar when it comes to PR damage control. Been confirmed that the 3DS won't be replaced until the Switch has the same number of userbase the 3DS has.
>>
>>381807516
The Switch is advertised as a handheld in america, and a handheld in japan. Neither advertising campaign shows off playing it in doors. Don't believe me? Go on youtube and look up ANY ad with the Switch and tell me what you see. Also, if you honestly believe Reggie, then you believe him when he said the NX isn't a replacement for the Wii U. So when do we get the Wii U successor then?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.