[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>hack and slash >no way to lock-on to enemies >constantly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

>hack and slash
>no way to lock-on to enemies
>constantly fighting groups of enemies that have grab, stun and charge attacks
>to parry you need to attack in the direction of the enemy at just the right time
>doesn't work if you're spamming attacks, despite the entire game being built around it

what the fuck were they thinking
>>
why does it lock to 30 fps when i go to fullscreen?
>>
There is lock on moron. Also git gud
>>
>>381798217
My game doesn't even display at a proper refresh rate in fullscreen and looks all blurry. The PC version doesn't play nicely with HDMI displays.

How are you supposed to counter the yellow grab attacks anyways? Those big dudes that grab you almost ruined the game for me because my dumb ass never figured out how to counter them. Character action games just aren't my thing although I wish they were.
>>
>>381798430
>How are you supposed to counter the yellow grab attacks anyways?

dodge
>>
>>381798137
Biggest case of git gut ever
>>
>>381798137
just dropped by to call your bullshit
didn't even bother reading the rest
>>
>>381798137
Timing is crucial in every single game. You'll get the hang of it, man.
>>
sequel never
>>
>>381798137
lock on
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960699-metal-gear-rising-revengeance/65496568

>to parry you need to attack in the direction of the enemy at just the right time, doesn't work if you're spamming attacks, despite the entire game being built around it
wrong, you can cancel your attacks into parries when you're being attacked.
>>
>>381798137
the easy way to play this game is just parry everytime
>>
>>381798650
>cancel a light attack into another light attack

what? the parry window is extremely generous, so you basically need to restrain yourself not to spam attacks since they cancel out the initial parry, which is fucking dumb when you have 2 other fuckhuge enemies beating down on you

the mechanic works well with bosses, but fighting groups of enemies like the ones in the sewer is just pure torture
>>
>>381798958
>so you basically need to restrain yourself not to spam attacks
Some heavy attacks are unsafe but the parry window is very generous.
>>
>>381798137
>not having all of the trophies/achievements including DLC
git gud
>>
>>381798137
Im on mobile but pretend i made a bait.jph shitpost cause everything about your post is incorrect op
>>
File: DragonsDogma.jpg (43KB, 250x310px) Image search: [Google]
DragonsDogma.jpg
43KB, 250x310px
sounds like this
>>
>>381798137
I can imagine watching you play would be infuriating. If you were my little brother id slap the shit out of you and force you to git gud.

A valid criticism of Rising would be that the story didnt grab me, but im an old school MGS fag, and this isn't an MGS game. I still would've liked a bit more complexity.
>>
>>381802145
>giving two shits about the story in what's essentially a boss-rush MGS game
>>
File: shh.gif (2MB, 400x256px) Image search: [Google]
shh.gif
2MB, 400x256px
>>381798137
wrong
>doesn't work if you're spamming attacks, despite the entire game being built around it
wrong
>>
if you have a hard time playing this game you might be chronically retarded
>>
>>381798430
either jump or dodge with attack+jump
>>
I found with this game, you actually get rewarded the more you use cut mode.
If you try to play it like Ninja Gaiden, you're just going to get frustrated and bored.
>>
The game has issues. For example, the lock-on is not explained in the game. They should really tell you that it exists. The stuns are all fucking garbage that hurt my hands. Once you figure out how to lock-on, the game is bearable but the stuns really are just the worst
>>
>>381798137
This is literally hack'n'slash shit game for babies and you're complaining about it? Holy shit you are bad at games
>>
>>381803505
I'm complaining because it's built from the ground up as a mindless hack & slash but has mechanics that belong in slightly slower and more methodical games for a lack of a better word.
>>
>>381804254
What mechanics?
>>
File: cba.jpg (65KB, 600x977px) Image search: [Google]
cba.jpg
65KB, 600x977px
>>381798137
Kojima still believes the war in Iraq was about oil.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.