[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>watching morrowind videos on youtube >lol dis gayme sucks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1475514852266.gif (48KB, 320x331px) Image search: [Google]
1475514852266.gif
48KB, 320x331px
>watching morrowind videos on youtube
>lol dis gayme sucks can't even hit anything lmao take off your nostalgia goggles
>300 upvotes
This is who they made Skyrim for.
>>
But Morrowind is shit from a gameplay perspective.

Less character creation and shittier combat than Daggerfall, shittier magic system, baby tier casual linear dungeons with no traps (no, having something glowing and say when you walk up to it that it's trapped isn't a fucking trap).

But at least the writing's great! Oh... wait. That doesn't excuse the garbage gameplay.
>>
Link to videos please.
>>
>>381796809
>>381796809
Enjoy your rng plebe. Nobody can give me any reason to hate morrowind besides they make a shitty custom class and can't hit anything. Just like the retards who couldn't get passed the temple in fallout 2.
>the combat suc-
No you suck for not knowing how to build a class which is really sad if you were a daggerfall veteran.
>>
>>381798231
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNXYrAkUntU
>>
>>381796590
Well, they are not wrong.
>>
>>381796590
My problem was always the visual misinformation. If I miss it should look like I missed. If I swing and clearly see my weapon make contact and hit it should be a hit.
>>
>>381798475
Holy shit that comment section
>>
>>381798360
>You suck for not knowing how to build a class
No, it sucks because it's shit combat.

In Daggerfall you can use your directional combat to affect your damage to hit ratios. Want to hit more effectively but hit for potentially less damage? You're free to do that.

In Morrowind the directional combat does NOTHING except hurt your damage. No bonuses, no power attack effects, nothing. Just reduced damage. It's literally just "stand still, use best attack" the combat mechanic. It's barebones, and it's shit.
>>
File: 1469724528198.jpg (38KB, 320x317px) Image search: [Google]
1469724528198.jpg
38KB, 320x317px
I played Morrowind on release and still thought the early game MISS was ridiculous. You could start with as high a long blade skill as possible and still spend a couple of minutes poking a Scrib if you're unlucky
>>
>>381796590
>upvotes
GO BACK
>>
Ai wishu ai wah a bahdo
>>
Oblivion is the true patricians choice
>>
I never understood why people have a problem with the hit-miss ratio.

It's like that for a reason, to discourage people from using weapons that they haven't invested skill points into. If you have at least 40 points into one weapon skill, you'll almost never miss, at least in my experience.

If it's really that much of a problem for you, you should just play a magic build.

If I was able to figure this out back when I was 11 and the game first came out, so should you.
>>
File: 1471340313919.png (675KB, 575x803px) Image search: [Google]
1471340313919.png
675KB, 575x803px
>>381796590
morrowind's gameplay is dogshit for the most part.
even the movement is clunky and unintuitive.
It's the setting and wold building that makes it interesting.

However that doesn't justify the dumbing down, especially since Todd seems happy to just completely remove systems rather than improve them
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.