[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else feel off about buying pixel games on PS4? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
Anyone else feel off about buying pixel games on PS4? I'm wondering if its just me. I mean, I'm not saying they're bad or anything, most are really good, but for some reason a console that totes itself on "HIGH DEFINITION GRAPHICS" having 8-bit/16-bit pixel games seems... off.

They feel more at home with 3DS, PC and even switch, since those consoles actually sell retail Pixel-art based games, but when the majority of the PS4 is 3D modeling and 3D worldbuilding, Something like a Terraria port seems silly and outdated

Hand-drawn/3D Indies however are fine, they fit in with the era, and they usually have a lot of art direction and work put into them - Skullgirls, Heart and Slash, Transistor, Furi, Don't Starve, Darkest Dungeon, etc.

Which is why right now I'm conflicted about picking up Undertale, because I want a physical, but I don't want it on PS4...
>>
Sounds like autism. Also don't buy Cave Story Plus for it is a bad 'remaster' okay okay.
>>
>>381792342
Pretty much this. It reminds me of the same autism people had concerning Yooka-Laylee on non Nintendo products.

>It would feel right.
>>
File: th.jpg (9KB, 332x188px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
9KB, 332x188px
>>381792342
>>381792698
Why would I play a game on the PS4 that works perfectly fine in a mobile form factor? That just doesn't make any sense
>>
>>381792698
Yooka really doesn't feel right on PS4 though. Its more Xbox-like, like GBTG, and when you compare it its in a sea of nothiness on PS4. there are no other paltformers to support it. Its isolated by itself on a console that doesn't praise its genre
>>
>>381792342
>OCD = Autism

Please learn medical terms and stop parroting the internet fads.
>>
>>381792342
Seems fine to me.
>>
>>381792342
why is it a bad remaster?
>>
>>381793181
Because one might prefer the PS4's controllers, might already own enough for local multiplayer, might prefer to centralize all their vidya to that console rather than spread it out, who knows.
>>
>>381794584
It's literally + ported with nothing added. He's just memeing because it isnt Cave story original
>>
>>381794496
>>381794584
Nicalis ports are sped up. It runs like a turbo mode. Nicalis wanted it at 60fps for some reason but the game is hard-coded for 50fps so they just made the whole thing faster. Really messes up the game in a bunch of ways in regard to design, feeling, and balance.
>>
>>381794607
>Because one might prefer the PS4's controllers
lol
>>
>>381791545

you do realize that most pixel art games of today would explode SNES or Genesis, right? They're not actually 16-bit, they just emulate the style and more often than not have many lighting, shadows, physics tricks that require more modern machines.
>>
>>381794827
Lol. I could agree if you said it had input lag but running at 60 fps vs 50 or 30 doesnt matter. The reason developers shoot for 60 is to give them a buffer for frame dips.
>>
>>381795341
>to give them a buffer for frame dips.
That's not how it works, idiot.
>>
>>381791545
>literally "It's only okay when Nintendo does it" the post
>>
>>381796910
>PC is nintendo

Fuck off with your console war shenanigans, All I'm saying is Sony doesn't feel like an appropriate platform for indies, and it really doesn't. Son'y image is all about BIGGER, BETTER, HIGHER PERFORMANCE every conference they have. They literally market the PS4 as being a better, higher end PS3, yet half of the PS4's library bar multiplats, is literally inferior to what the PS3 could handle ebcause its all outsourced indies. Sony hasnt had Pixel based games since the PS2. They did away with them in PS3, so coming back to them is just bizzare and unfitting.
>>
>>381796207
Sure it is.
>>
>>381791545
Then get it on vita
>>
File: 1492048011160.gif (434KB, 500x243px) Image search: [Google]
1492048011160.gif
434KB, 500x243px
>>381791545
Don't worry anon, it just means you're a gay
>>
>>381791545
And yet none of the remasters will ever surpass the original.
>>
>>381798230
no. If you want better performance you either lock it to 30 or lower the graphical fidelity.
>>
>>381798726
Right. If frames dip below 30 we notice. If frames dip below 60 we do not notice. Pretty simple stuff. Developers aim for 60fps to act as a buffer for frame dips. True story.
>>
>>381799241
>If frames dip below 60 we do not notice
incorrect.
>>
>>381799284
No its correct.
>>
>>381799542
No it isn't. Fluctuations in FPS are very noticeable as it messes with how smooth the control feels.
>>
>>381799857
Ok. If you say so. Happy gaming!
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.