[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hideki Kamiya on the Silent Hills playable teaser vs. Resident

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

File: Kojima.jpg (87KB, 1024x658px) Image search: [Google]
Kojima.jpg
87KB, 1024x658px
Hideki Kamiya on the Silent Hills playable teaser vs. Resident Evil 7

>Comparing how I felt about P.T. against how I felt about Resident Evil 7... With P.T., the madness of the developers was expressed pretty naturally in the game. RE7 on the other hand felt like it was made by normal people trying to come off as scary.

Is he right?
>>
Why people like this retard?
>>
Yes.
RE7 was THE most generic "kino" game out there.
>>
>>381789868
Because he made games people like.
>>
he's right about RE7

which is why my favorite part of the game is probably where the developers were the ''laziest''

the ship looked kind of same-y, but gone were the scripted bossfights or moments where the controls are taken away from the player to view ''an epic/ scary scene''
>>
i agree
>>
File: 1487979357262.jpg (381KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1487979357262.jpg
381KB, 600x800px
Kamiya knows what's up.
>>
File: 07[1].jpg (76KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
07[1].jpg
76KB, 720x480px
>>381789710
Considering that RE7 was made SPECIFICALLY for the Twitchbait audience, yes.
They should have just named it this.
>>
>>381790278
it's funny that people dis the ship, as it reminded me the MOST of the OLD Resident Evils. Normal enemies lurking around, being actual threat, you had to gather up your arsenal and save ammo... Plus it was dark and spoopy.
>>
it works out because pt is just a really short experience and horror works better the less you're immersed in it

longform horror in books, films, games or whatever just doesn't work the way people want it to. Most horror films struggle to keep the atmosphere and dread going, same for games. Books are the best suited medium for horror but even then I can't really say I've read a lot of "good" horror
>>
>>381791662
this. it was tantamount to all of the lab sections in the original run.
>>
>>381789710
> the madness of the developers was expressed pretty naturally in the game

What a pretentious retard
>>
>>381791578

PT was also designed "specifically" for the twitchbait audience too, lest you forgot its fucking reveal trailer

the difference is that PT was effective horror regardless of whoever/whatever it was pandering to
>>
>>381790278
>the scripted bossfights or moments where the controls are taken away from the player to view ''an epic/ scary scene''

Fuck I hate that so much. The Evil Within suffered from the same shit.

When you start up RE4, you don't have to deal with any of that. It's just pure gameplay with a few minutes of QTEs in total.
>>
>A 40 minute demo had more impact on the horror scene than both Silent HIll and Resident Evil had in 10 years

That's what he meant. RE7 is "Good" but not "Great" and that was with shameless ripping off Kojima's vision.
>>
>>381789948
>kino
Fuck off nigger
>>
>>381789710
The latter accurately describes both games but RE7 is more depressing than scary.
>>
>>381789710
Yeah because it's really safe to compare a very enclosed demo to an entire game. Come back when death stranding drops and doesn't retain the same level of atmosphere for however many hours. I don't even fully disagree, but PT has become some sort of vidya martyr solely because it'll never see the light of day
>>
>>381789710
I can see why he'd think that about RE7
I'm not seeing why he doesn't think the same thing about P.T though
>>
>>381791662
>you had to gather up your arsenal and save ammo

Still waiting for all you kids to actually play the older games and discover this isn't true in the slightest.
>>
Was RE7 supposed to be scary? I thought it was just a parody of B horror movies.
>>
>>381789710
wtf that's not hideo
>>
>>381789710
he's absolutely right
>>
>>381789868
Kojima?
>>
>>381792581
Thats kojima
>>
>>381792346
Sorry, I'm literally 30, played RE1 and up as they came out, and the ship part was THE most RE1-3 like section of the entire game.

False flagging and acting like a entitled moron won't make you any less of an GenZ shill, child.
>>
>>381793250

is Gen Z even born at this point, I thought everyone 17 or younger is gen Y
>>
>>381793124

but where is hideo?
>>
>>381793250
Looks like you were just a shit player as a kid. RE2 gives you literally hundreds of bullets, more than enough to kill everything in the game several times over.
>>
>>381793549
GenZ is anyone born after 1997.
GenY, the "millennials", are 1980-1996.

>>381793648
So does the ship part, which is the most RE-like because of its NORMAL monsters and still rough start.
>>
>>381789710
Friendship ended with konami now platinum is my best friend
>>
>>381793631
We haven't seen him since he released mgs 4. We can only assume kojima sold him out to konami and the yakuza sent him to the bottom of a river
>>
>>381789710
Here's my comparison of RE7 vs P.T.

One exists; the other one doesn't.
>>
>>381789710
>Is he right?
Eh, no, not really. There are hundreds of different subgenres of horror movies. To promote PT, a psychological supernatural kafkaesque horror, over RE7 just because RE7 is a more conventional horror story seems not just wrong on basis of "incorrect opinions", but also the fact that conventional horror tends to sell better in general. So he has really little input on the subject I think.

It'd be like if I came out and said that Lost Highway was a better film than Eraserhead just simply because body-horror is inferior to unreliable narrative psychological thrillers. Which it is because Eraserhead is garbage, but it's still wrong of me to say that.
>>
>>381794743
>That autistic shitburger that tries to argue against the changing of a definition
Are you going to start going off about how gay you are, but how that isn't homosexual? Fuck off.
>>
>>381796225
For starters, I ain't burger.
Second, there's clear textbook definitions for the different Generations, no matter how hard some neckbeard 4chinner may try to corrupt their original meanings.
Hell, I just did a research paper on this stuff couple years ago at University, and the terms were old already at that point.

>lol u homo
>fuck off
how original and mature.
>>
>>381796574
>Literally misses the point on every single line
>Talks about their own research paper
If this is bait, this is really avant guarde levels of shit posting. Somewhat impressed. 8/10
>>
>>381796789
...or, you know, I'm the one being serious in the middle of bunch of kids, which apparently triggers you lardasses, hard.
>>
File: chris boulder.gif (2MB, 285x255px) Image search: [Google]
chris boulder.gif
2MB, 285x255px
RE7 was always soulless garbage.
>B-but MUH J-Jack
Game was forgettable as fuck. One enemy doesn't make up for the whole product. It another shitty RE3 all over again.
>>
>>381797080
Since you missed every single point and failed to address any of it, I have no choice but to believe that your suggestion is the incorrect one. Either way, I'm already bored of you. Here's your last (you) from me.
>>
Nope, Silent Hills went for a really abstract psychological horror, while RE7 went for a more traditional, campy approach

Both are good
>>
>>381797739
Re7 is shit
>>
There wasn't really anything to P.T. RE 7 was a goddamn revelation.
>>
>>381794743
So you don't need to conserve ammo at all.
>>
>>381797272
>Shitting on RE7
>Worse yet Shitting on RE3
Why do you think your shitty opinions are worthy everybody else time?
>>
>>381800386
RE7 is soulless garbage. Same with RE3. Sorry you have to learn about this in this way. Most RE fans know this already.
>>
>>381800824
Coincidentally, Kamiya hated RE3 too.
>>
File: 43567777.jpg (11KB, 275x243px) Image search: [Google]
43567777.jpg
11KB, 275x243px
>>381801136
It's not very good. Everyone knows this. People just jerk it off because of MUH Nemesis. It was just a cash grab that was trying to capture's RE2 majors sales.
>>
>>381789710
>the madness of the developers was expressed pretty naturally in the game
Basically what he's trying to say is that Kojima's autism showed through PT pretty clearly.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.