[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I haven't put a single point in any Typhon abilities yet,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Prey_box_shot[1].jpg (762KB, 1527x2178px) Image search: [Google]
Prey_box_shot[1].jpg
762KB, 1527x2178px
I haven't put a single point in any Typhon abilities yet, as I figure they probably fuck up the story.

Am I right? Or should I start spending points on psychic abilities?
>>
Bump for OP posting legit vidya shit.
>>
>>381786864
eventually you'll want to add them after blowing through so much ammunition
>>
I beat the game without any typhon abilities (combat slow down doesn't count) the only thing that happens is if you do or don't get any abilities effects some after game things and how turrets react to you.
>>
>>381786864
>>381787059
yeah the kinetic blast in particular is pretty useful, some of the typhon have resistance to conventional weapons. the telepathy grab one is useful in a few instances, allowing you to interact with things in locked rooms if there is a window slit
>>
>>381787397
does anyone know how to get into the guard room at the entrance to Life Support? the one with the corrupted Engineering Operator in it

using telepathy on the visible computer monitor doesn't help since it's not the one that controls the door lock. I thought Machine Mind might work on the operator but the ability description doesn't make it sound like it will help
>>
>>381787784
Mimic a coffee cup and roll through the small window.
>>
>>381786864
>put ONE point in typhon shit to get the stupid tutorial message out of my face
>dont touch anything else in typhon for the rest of the game
>at the end of the game "subject activated many typhon abilities"

what a crock of shit. one point in mimic is not 'a lot'.
>>
>>381786864
nah, it really only affects turrets and another enemy. and theres an achievement related to playing through exclusively through human and another playthrough as only typhon.
>>
>>381788052
oh duh. thanks
>>
>>381788052
>>381787784

I never got any Typhon mods and I was able to get it open, but I can't remember how. I think someone had a keycard for it further?
>>
>>381787784 >>381786864
There 2 or 3 rooms in the game you need mimic to get inside as I remember.

>>381787397
Kinetic blast might be usefull but it costs a lot (40) and most typhoons have some resistance to it, it rarely does 100% damage. Also it has travel time.

Psychoshock is where its at if we talk about typhoon powers.
At level 3 it does 90dmg (there is implant for +10% so 99), costs 25, its instant, and most importantly blocks all abilities of target. At level 3 it block abilities for longer that the cooldown is.
All special phantoms (fire, ether, electic) cant shoot, Nightmare cant shoot, Telepath and Weaver runs away from you as they dont have melee attack.
Only con it has is small range.

Second good power is Electro Burst (but usefull mostly in late game) - as in late game you meet a lot of robotic enemies, and this AoE damage them for moderate amount and AoE stuns.
If I remember correctly at level 3 is also stuns for longer than the cooldown is.

But generaly strongest combat power is Combat Focus level 3. The slowdown is so much its like playing FEAR. Also +25% damage and you can kill Nightmare with 5-7 shots from shotgun and he cant even stomp you properly since he is slowed so much.

Its also worth to note game uses "1-2 punch" from Bioshock - stunned/disabled/glued evemies take additional damage (not only from melee but from guns too).
>>
>>381790763
Some you can open with remore manipulation or Crossbow.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.