[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>two Metroid games confirmed, one 2D and one Prime >supertroopers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: file.png (759KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
759KB, 1024x576px
>two Metroid games confirmed, one 2D and one Prime
>supertroopers don't care, more concerned about the fact that Prime still exists
>>
>implying it isn't mostly sonegro falseflags
Metroidfags (particularly Primefags) are easy targets. Retards like you keep responding to them.
>>
>>381785075
substantiate your claims
>>
>>381784860
>supertroopers
Is this supposed to be a name for fans of Super? Super Metroid is my favorite game, Prime is my second favorite in the series. I'll be getting both Samus Returns and Prime 4.
>>
>>381784860
Super Metroid and Metroid Prime are both good games, the real problem is Fusionfags.
>>
>Finally get a new 2D game
>It's a fucking remake
Dread when?
>>
>>381786549
t. Primetard
>>
The main reason why no one cares about the 2D game is because not only is it a remake but it looks awful. No one has gameplay of Prime 4 yet and thus nothing but wild expectations. I guarantee you that it'll end up getting slammed just as much as #FE did if it diverges too much from those expectations.
>>
>>381786863
/v/ is the only place I've seen that's down on Samus Returns and even here it's a minority of the posters.
>>
>>381786448
>I'll be getting both Samus Returns and Prime 4.
same
>>
>>381786832
Fusion is an abomination.
>>
>>381786863
The reaction to Samus Returns has been very positive outside of /v:, and even then there's plenty of people here excited about it.
>>
>>381784860
Funny but Samus Returns still looks polygonal to me. Not to mention developed by the same Spaniards that ruined CV
>>
I don't get you Metroidfags (I'm a Metroid fan, a big one it's my favourite series but I don't want to be associated with you).

>Nintendo gives us MP4
b-but ! I wanted a 2D episode
>Samus Returns
b-but it's a remake ! (a remake of a game tedious as fuck just like Metroid 1, and the map is completely new in comparison of am2r. A remake of M2 should be welcomed, now we can play the entire series without having to deal with the 2 titles the hardest to get into)
b-but mercurysteam !

No metroid in 10 years and you guys are still acting like faggots and we have 2 games coming out.

I won't write a 5th time why I think Samus Returns will be a great game and why MercurySteam will do a great job this time. Nintendo is almost entirely behind it, it's gonna be good.
>>
File: MNtmkAz.png (249KB, 1443x1080px) Image search: [Google]
MNtmkAz.png
249KB, 1443x1080px
>>381784860

We're now forced to pay 60$ to get the "Other M version" of a remake we already played a year ago, or the 2D series is over again

We were waiting for Metroid 5, or maybe a remake of Super (the best chapter), but nope, we're now getting a low budget 2.5 version of the most hated game in the whole original series, and we have to buy it on a dead console that can be easily hacked and emulated.
>>
File: 1436542236366.jpg (593KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1436542236366.jpg
593KB, 2560x1600px
>>381788641
>MercurySteam will do a great job this time.
>>
>>381790284
Let Metroid die, anon. You should've known over those 10+ years that Nintendo didn't give a fuck about Metroid and whatever they did would be half assed even if it was a 2D based game.
>>
>>381790438
Metroid Prime is my favorite game of that decade. More of that would be nice.
>>
>>381790536
You'll never get another real Metroid Prime anyway, anon. The people who made it are gone from Retro and Prime 4 isn't even newRetro making the game.
>>
>>381788641
>now we can play the entire series without having to deal with the 2 titles the hardest to get into)

First of all, fuck off casual scum
Also, we already got Zero Mission and AM2R, this remake's gameplay is probably going to feel as new/different/casualized as the Zero Mission gameplay felt compared to the original Metroid
>>
>>381787357
>the spaniards that ruined cv

educate yourself and learn more about the subject. The director ruined the second game. LOS1 was a good game, you may not like it because "not muh castlevania, it's a gow clone !!!!!!!!!!" but it's not at all a bad game (in fact I consider it one of my favourite castlevania and as a game in general). Mercury was working on this game as a new franchise (not tied at all with Castlevania), Kojima saw the game at a meeting and HE was the guy who suggested to turn the game into Castlevania. So if you want to blame someone you should blame him and Kojima prod first. Mercury were just doing their own game.

Next, MOF was probably developed by a smaller team because most of the studio was working on LOS2. The game is mediocre yes. Not terrible but forgetable yes. I can't defend this title, but what do you expect of a smaller project while the others members of the studio are working on more important tasks ?

What I think put the final nail in the coffin was the fiasco around the development hell of LOS2. The director (Enric Alvarez) was a a pain in the ass to deal with, because of it the team had a lot of problems while creating the game. He is a megalomaniac moron, he's still defending the stealth sections years after that. It's sad because a lot of passionate people where behind the game (Dave Cox, a lot of great artists, Konami was very supportive).

The games sold pretty well , nothing stops Konami from working on a new Castlevania titles. Where is the new Contra title teased years ago ? Where is SIlent Hill(s) ? Where is Castlevania?
>>
>>381790801
wtf i hate metroid prime 4 now
>>
>>381790867
I already knew that anon. Mercury Steam could've either protested they wanted their game to remain original and shit out the turd they intended or actually make a CV game rather than the turd they shat out.
>>
>>381790842
First of all, I played them buddy, I finished all the Metroid titles.

Come on, I've read countless times that everybody in here are just not fond of M1 and M2 because they are very tedious and a bit hard to get into (they aren't even recommended titles). I don't think that a Remake for M2 shouldn't be welcomed, I think that the game will feel more new than Am2r because they are working on a completely new and bigger map.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.