[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to make a Japanese "game" 1. take a tried and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: metal-gear-chronological-order.jpg (331KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
metal-gear-chronological-order.jpg
331KB, 800x600px
How to make a Japanese "game"

1. take a tried and true genre that should be impossible to fuck up and make it baffling and unintuitive

2. give it some nonsense title that shows you have no understanding of the English language

3. Plagiarize a piece of western pop culture with absolutely no understanding of it. Your target audience doesn't understand it either, so who cares?

Bravo, you've got yourself a piece of dogshit like Metal Gear, Resident Evil, D2, Dark souls, whatever...
>>
Western games stopped being good 50 years ago.
>>
You could work for Dorkly, with those awful "gamer culture thinkpiece" ideas,
>>
haha epic
>>
Literal 1/10 bait.

Go back to sucking off your SJW propaganda western filth.
>>
>>381769878

You forgot

4: Make it actually fun and interesting, unlike American games
>>
>>381769878
>all of the triggered weeb cockmunchers coming out of the woodwork already.
I guess now is the time to evacuate the thread huh op? mission accomplished
>>
>>381773558

You do not belong here. I suggest you leave now and never post on 4chan again.
>>
How to make a western game.

1. Plagiarize a piece of western pop culture like Lord of the Rings, Starship Troopers, or Mad Max.
>>
How to make a Japanese "game" ~~correct version~~
1. Be Japanese
2. Make game
>>
File: 1490556452349.png (142KB, 434x434px) Image search: [Google]
1490556452349.png
142KB, 434x434px
>>381769878
When did you realize you hate video games, OP?
>>
>>381769878
>metal-gear-chronological-order.jpg
>chronological
REEEEEEE
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (56KB, 976x828px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
56KB, 976x828px
Western game design died when Looking Glass Studios went bankrupt in 2000, and never came back. Japanese game design although went into some sort of slump in in the 2000s is still far superior to the western one.
>>
He's right, you know.
>>
>>381769878
>give it some nonsense title that shows you have no understanding of the English language
>Resident Evil
>Dark Souls

You retarded anon?
>>
>>381769878
Fuck off todd your games are shit
>>
>>381769878
You forgot making a cliche ridden unintelligible mess of a story
>>
>>381774017
What does Resident Evil mean?
>>
>>381774180
t. american or non-anglo
>>
>>381769878
>west cuck mad his games are irrelevant now thanks to sjw and political agenda

LMAO
>>
File: 1494871238469.png (11KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
1494871238469.png
11KB, 128x128px
>>381774180
my ESL tells me it's synonymous with "evil among us"
>>
>>381769878
>ITT how to write about video game "culture"
Actually I'm from Kotaku. Wanna get paid for writing in-depth analysis of video games culture?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (373KB, 1686x822px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
373KB, 1686x822px
The Japanese are so uncreative that they have to resort to second hand plagiarism. Dark Souls rips off Berserk almost constantly, which itself ripped off Army of Darkness, Hellraiser, The Phantom of the Paradise, etc...
>>
>>381774017
>>381774180
By the way, Resident Evil is not the Japanese title, anyway. In Japan, it's Biohazard, which makes perfect sense.
>>
>The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
>Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
2 examples of the current superiority of Japanese game design compared to their western counterparts.
>>
>>381774704
And those "ripped off" Lovecraft and Phantom of the Opera. It's almost like everything takes inspiration from something.
>>
>>381769878
How to make a Western ''game''
1. take the tired TPS genre that should be impossible to make more boring and make it more boring than ever
2. give it a shite cheesy story about an older man taking care of a child that shows you have no understanding of writing
3. plagiarize every other game in the genre as well as the latest hollywood trend
Bravo, you've got yourself a piece of dogshit like any Western game post-2008
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.