[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recently, the American Psychological Association’s (APA) T

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 1HHPh5q.jpg (392KB, 2048x1708px) Image search: [Google]
1HHPh5q.jpg
392KB, 2048x1708px
Recently, the American Psychological Association’s (APA) Task Force on Media Violence published its findings on the impact of violent video games.

The Task Force found that violent video games do increase overall aggressiveness.

This increase was exhibited in many forms, including increased aggressive behaviors, thoughts, emotional effect and bodily (physiological) arousal. A decrease in empathy toward others was also reported. The more one played violent video games, the more one became desensitized to aggressive and violent themes.

The belief by some that playing violent video games causes a “catharsis” of these aggressive, violent feelings was not found to be true.

http://www.knoxnews.com/story/news/health/2017/03/17/study-finds-violent-video-games-increase-aggression/99303180/
>>
>>381768495
Fuck off Jack Thompson. Causation =/= Correlation
>>
This means video games cause aggression against women and misogyny. Anita was right.
>>
Video games don't call increased aggression at all. These fucking nigger faggots need to fucking kill themselvse and god damn fucking DIE
>>
I legit they do cause people to be more agressive. But only those of lower intelligence who are very impresionable like young kids and manchilderen. Just look at people who ragequit and proceed to break stuff because they got mad at pixels
>>
>>381768574

Literally this. No causation has been established. For all we know, people who are more violent are more likely to want to play violent video games, not the other way around.
>>
>>381768495
>violent video games do increase overall aggressiveness
And what are these violent video games? Because if I'm playing something like call of duty damn straight I'll get pissed, much like most people who play it, but I could play resident evil, prototype, or whatever all day and be in a zen state of calmness.
>>
>>381769037
prove it
>>
>>381770662
Nuh uh you first.
>>
File: file.png (138KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
138KB, 320x240px
We should ban books, they make people violent as well.
>>
File: 1498339166722.jpg (56KB, 432x569px) Image search: [Google]
1498339166722.jpg
56KB, 432x569px
>>381768495
>knoxnews
>>
>>381770915
Not popular enough among the impressionable youth of the west.
>>
>>381770915
Islamophobe, the qran is a book of peace
>>
>>381770915
who said anything about banning things you dumbass
>>
>>381771131
I did, just now.
>>
Maybe the video game industry should make more non-violent games for these kids?
>>
>>381771930
Maybe people shouldn't be such huge raging faggots
>>
>>381772031
this... non violent games are fucking gay as crap... tetris sucks dick.
>>
>videogames make you violent

I've yet to pop a cap on a nigga or slap a bitch, all the instances where i had to insult a stranger was because i exhausted the diplomatic options and some people just wont give a shit unless you make them understand you mean business. Its also been like two times in my entire life.
>>
>>381768495

Yeah I played Call Of Duty like once but that doesn't mean I can't tell reality from virtual world. I know not to shoot the crap out of people when they make me mad. This isn't some black or white argument, sure maybe violent video games leave some on edge. But it only really effects those with mental issues that need help. Which due to problems with identifying systems (AKA: we are letting stupid people go free) never seem to get the help they need until it's too late. And then the blame is placed on a general public labeling all gamers savages because the killer played a videogame before.
>>
>>381772031
>>381772242
so edgy
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.